Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hilarious that you quote the Telegraph - the anti-environmental, purchasable newspaper. If you google anything you will find what you want, Altair, and the term "globalist, liberal, urban" is a giveaway on where you stand, and how easy the mindset is to manipulate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da...aph#Criticisms

And your posts are a giveaway where you stand.
You think everyone who disagrees with you is a “conspiracy theorist”.

Having a majority of conservative people pay for a public TV channel that is 99% liberal and ridicules and demonizes rural worker class is just cruel. I prefer it when people can CHOOSE what channels they pay for.

I’m pro-environment. I don’t need any BBC for that. Commercial channels do just fine with their nature shows.

You are full of horse $hit, Janielee.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:00 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
And your posts are a giveaway where you stand.
You think everyone who disagrees with you is a “conspiracy theorist”.

Having a majority of conservative people pay for a public TV channel that is 99% liberal and ridicules and demonizes rural worker class is just cruel. I prefer it when people can CHOOSE what channels they pay for.

I’m pro-environment. I don’t need any BBC for that. Commercial channels do just fine with their nature shows.

You are full of horse $hit, Janielee.

You can choose, Altair - it's called Pay TV

BBC has some of the most excellent documentaries I've seen - diverse ones where they profile life in different countries, in war torn countries. Most are not narrated - so you see life as it is in Syria, China, Iran. I find that they touch stories that no-one else will - hard stories like refugees, trafficking, I recently watched one of a Chinese girl who was abandoned and adopted in to the US. It was called ~ meeting on the bridge in 10 years.

The US stations seem only to touch domestic issues, and issues which will bring them in ratings. They turn away from the realities of life today unfortunately.

As to my posts, no, I don't believe anyone who disagrees with me is a conspiracy theorist, you are wrong

JL
Old 10-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
If only you could see it. Be careful what you believe, John.

Hard to see something that does not exit, would you not agree?

But then, are you referring to the Buddhist Hells?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
You can choose, Altair - it's called Pay TV
Taxes shouldn’t go to biased public TV channels.
All of television should be commercial. Supply and demand.

There’s nothing stopping commercial channels from making quality shows. See Nat Geo, Discovery and others. And guess what.. if people don’t like it, then up your game or lose income to be on the TV. Having state TV is nonsensical.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:09 PM
janielee

John: I remembered that the last time I called Fox News "fake news" and argued against your "environmental warming is a myth" stance you were quite rattled. You then followed me around trying to get a reaction and claiming you were the victim, trying to get moderators' attention. It's a silly little tactic, John. Silly and little.

JL
Old 10-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:
John: I remembered that the last time I called Fox News "fake news" and argued against your "environmental warming is a myth" stance you were quite rattled. You then followed me around trying to get a reaction and claiming you were the victim, trying to get moderators' attention. It's a silly little tactic, John. Silly and little.

JL
What has it got to do with this thread?
Old 10-09-2020, 04:14 PM
janielee

Quote:
Taxes shouldn’t go to biased public TV channels.
All of television should be commercial. Supply and demand.

There’s nothing stopping commercial channels from making quality shows. See Nat Geo, Discovery and others. And guess what.. if people don’t like it, then up your game or lose income to be on the TV. Having state TV is nonsensical.

Not sure that Nat Geo and others get the ratings or money TBH. I suspect what's stopping commercial channels from making quality shows is money. Quality is money. If they don't get the returns, it's not worth it.

Did you know that entertainment celebrities and topics get more than serious topics? People like entertainment, they like drama like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" (who were paid $100M for the last season) and US politics which is more like a reality show these days.

Are people really interested in equality, care, food chains, cruelty to children, healthcare? No, it doesn't make the same money.

I don't really have a view either way on state sponsored channels. I know BBC, ABC seem fine to me. I'm not a fan of the CBC. They are a joke and wouldn't know what journalism is if it hit them in the face

To me it doesn't really matter - it's more the quality of the journalism that matters.

To me, journalism is showing both sides, deep inquiry, reflection back to the reader, informing them without being overly emotive etc. Letting the story tell itself. Being intelligent, open, allowing people to understand where people are coming from. Perhaps even bridging. Not manipulating. BUT not being afraid to share a position.

It also deeply requires intelligence, understanding and context. One cannot critique what one does not understand. For example, in the UK, with the Brexit ads about how much the NHS was being affected by being in the EU, that was untrue but without proper education of the masses, people are easily influenced. The reality is, in my opinion, quality journalism is essential to a healthy, functioning society and to ensure that there are appropriate checks and balances and an influence of awareness.

The effective undercutting of any trust by any media source, and the categorization and demonization of the media by those that who are vested in people distrusting facts - is a masterstroke of Satan, because without any real basis for trust, the world is up for grabs by anyone that is best suited to perception manipulation. There are basements full of people who make hundreds of thousands, even millions of dollars, on Facebook and other sites JUST perpetuating myths and fear and conspiracies - because it works, is popular, and it is profitable.

I don't exclude myself from the group that needs to stay alert to bias, but am more worried by people who claim that all of XYZ is evil, XYZ is run by globalists. That is patently untrue.

Finally, I do believe that journalists, like all commentators add values in to their writing, and sometimes it is necessary and important to call it as it is.

For example, in WW2 with Hitler, it is OK to call fascism fascism. It is OK to state that murdering and demonizing people is not good. Today, perhaps that would be called "Biased" and "Fake news" - the reality is everyone is open to spin, Altair, and believing the simple narratives such as "elitists" is a sure fire way of open doors to clear divisory tactics.

YMMV.

JL

PS Edit - come to think of it the value of a state sponsored channel is that they can cover "boring" topics that wouldn't see the light of day in a profit driven corporate e.g. refugees, food chains, trafficking. This is where I do applaud the BBC for one.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:16 PM
janielee

Quote:
What has it got to do with this thread?

It's a tactic he uses. Asks questions he knows the answer to. Tries to get a rise. Seen it all before. I'm not playing his stupid games on this and other threads. That's the only point.

JL
Old 10-09-2020, 04:19 PM
Master
Breaking news

BEEB licence enforcement officers at CRAPITA are being transferred to their new positions as COVID1984 secure marshals, to make sure everyone is tucked up in bed by 10pm.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:

JL
janielee,
if you remember, I never wrote "environmental warming is a myth". You made that up. I wrote numerous times that the environment is warming up just like it did after each and every Ice Age we have had.

You claimed what I wrote numerous times was "FALSE NEWS" and "FOX NEWS". I wrote numerous times I did not like those labels but you keep using those labels. Fortunately, the moderators removed most of those comments.

If you remember, on Spiritual Forums, individuals can have their own opinions. So, let us leave it at that.

janielee, have a great day!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Closed Thread