Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 30-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Night Owl

Two power animals?

I thought this would be the right place for this question. I hope it is. I would be very gratefull if anyone can offer me any insight into my question.
I know we are supposed to have one main power animal, spirit totem, but can a person have two? Its just that Owl and Crow have always both been constantly with me. Owl is very strong, I also have owl like eyes. And I find Owl feathers when Im out walking in nature. I only have to think and connect with Owl and they will show up everywhere. In pictures, in my dreams often, outside at night in my garden hooting. Owl always finds a way to show its presence. And the Owl medicine is strong. So when asked what my main power animal is I answer Owl. But Crow is always there too. Crow will always show up when I need to stop, pause, and think before making any kind of further movement. When I need to pay attention to what my inner guidence is saying about any planned actions, before moving forwards. Crows bring me to mindfullness, and teach me contemplation and patience in planning. I was about to do something this morning, which I now know with hindsight I would of regretted, but I was going to go ahead on my impulse despite that inner voice saying it may be a regretable action. Two crows landed outside my window and started cawing at me. I knew immediatly not to carry out the action I was planning, which turned out to be correct. Crows also sometimes warn me of other things to come such as a family member passing. So Crows for me are foresight. And Owls are hearing the unspoken, hearing what isnt said. And what isnt being said, tells me alot more than what is being said. I always care more about why someone says something. Other animal totems come and go. So can anyone please tell me, can a person have two power animals? Im figuring the answer is no but any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 31-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Suspended
Yes, you can have two or more power animals. Owl and Crow are your power animals.
Old 31-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Night Owl

Interesting you say two or more. It fits with what Ive always felt, that we have a group of power animals. I just often hear people talking about one main power animal. Either way I love my power animals and working with them. Im very thankfull for their guidence and protection. Thank you Thunder Bow, I appreciate your insight.
Old 31-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

From what I understand most people have a main power animal that stays with them for life and many others that can come and go. I've taken journeys where I though I was alone with my main power animal. Then I look to my left and to my surprise there is another animal with me. After that I look above me to find that another has been flying above us the entire time. It was a pretty neat experience but it let me know that we all can have more than just one totem or power animal.
Old 31-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Night Owl

Thanks Bodhi Spirit. Its always nice to hear from others about their own experiences. To me it feels right that we may have one to each side, front, behind, and one above. Like east, south, west, north, and centre. Maybe more. That would corrospond to our own personal Mandala. And differant aspects. Maybe the one at centre/above would be most prominant. I dont know but I feel Im personaly being shown something like that anyway. I feel Im being shown it for a reason that will become important in the future. And its like as I travel round the wheel, the Mandala, Im becomming aware of the differant power animals, and the ones I know, and I realise they've always been there. And that Mandala also transforms into a Medicine wheel. For me the Mandala and Medicine wheel combine nicely as I do Medicine Buddha practice. Other totems do come and go, and I dont recognise them as having always been there but just as visiting. Most recently its the Ant, so Im now looking into that. Thank you for your imput.