Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Likes2Read

Andara crystals? Something looks wrong here

So I was searching through the metaphysical section on eBay, just for kicks. I ran across a listing for something that looks just like a shard of bright blue glass, and another listing for what appeared to be a shard of bright green glass, right down to the conchoidal shape of the fractures on one side.

The listings were both called Andara crystals, something of which I had never heard. So I resorted to my old friend Google.

Seems that in the google info, it's referred to as "Andara crystal-glass", and all the information was channeled stories of its connection to Lemuria.

I hate to sound like a Negative Nelly, but I can't help but point out that CRYSTAL and GLASS are entirely different substances. Natural crystals form according to regular geometric shapes (even the cryptocrystalline forms like jasper where the crystals are too small to be seen with the naked eye), and it forms slowly. Glass is formed quickly, when a molten substance hardens before it has time to assume a crystalline structure. It's either one or the other, but it can't be both.

I don't want to disappoint anybody who has turned their attention to this substance -- and I DID say that there are metaphysical uses for glass in the "glass" thread that was recently updated -- but I am not buying this Andara Crystal-Glass story. It is looking a whole lot like a manmade, modern substance to me. Mother Nature does not produce brilliantly-hued, perfectly evenly-colored substances like this.

Caveat Emptor.
Old 21-10-2013, 03:55 AM
Master

Some one on ebay making a buck on the legend of Lemuria . A few years ago on the Pavlina forum this guy bought an amulet with an astral sex slave bound to it . I stated that I did not think that a soul could be bound to an amulet and they were just making some money . The amulet was like $15-25 so it was not that big of a deal . The owner of the site joined the forum defending her web site . I stated That I would keep an open mind . I will provide a link if asked in p.m.
Old 21-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Likes2Read

Yeah, some of the metaphysical forums I've joined on Facebook sell an AWFUL LOT of "haunted" jewelry items that purportedly have various spirits bound to them -- djinn, vampires, dragons, even demons. I thought, "Doesn't the attempt to control or even enslave another soul like that really make a mess of your karma?" At that point, does it even matter if there's really a soul connected to that item... the fact was that the owner INTENDED to use this "haunted" item and control whatever spirit was allegedly attached to it, and to me, the INTENT is more important than whether they actually succeeded in controlling anyone or anything. I'm not sure that having an intent like that is going to do anybody any good, and it sounds like a good way to run up one monster-sized karma tab in no time flat.

And speaking of running up a karma tab... creating fake backstories to try and con people into thinking they have bought an ancient healing tool is Not Cool. I guess these people can't be bothered to purchase actual STONES and resell those. It must be too much effort for them to learn what each stone does, plus even the best-priced wholesaler must charge more than the people selling slag glass.

Good grief, crooked merchants really infuriate me.
Old 21-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Master

I think it is that it sounds kinda cool to buy an amulet with an astral sex slave bound to it . I am not sure about the karma of buying an amulet with a real soul attached to it . I guess you would want to set her free and see if she would come back . I dont really think you can force any one to stay with an object . I think a few people do chose to haunt an object tho. Like the doll George Nory discussed on coast to coast , or the dybbuk box from the movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dibbuk_box
Old 21-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Likes2Read

If a spirit willingly attaches itself to an earthly object, and if they willingly do things for that object's physical owner, that's their decision. I just have issues with the concept of forced servitude on any plane: earthly, astral, spiritual, etc. If we start taking part in that, we're ensuring that we will have an awful lot of things to answer for once this life is through. And from where I sit, even if the "enslaved spirit" is nothing but a fable, the purchaser's INTENT to enslave a spirit wasn't a fable, and that's going to cause some big karmic issues down the line for whoever gets involved with these haunted items. It's another caveat emptor situation.
Old 21-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Master

To me buying a haunted object would be like buying an old car or pu with bad breaks . You fix the problems before using it. I am not sure about the karma in buying an amulet that some states has an astral sex slave bound to it , but does not . There is a link to that site on post #22 in this thread , at the bottom of pg 2 , there selling stuff and I dont want to post a link hear .
http://halfway.oceanfalls.org/index.php?topic=3401.0
Old 21-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Master
They are a complete and utter fraud and just a pitiful way to rip people off and make them believe that glass has metaphysical uses. They have been tested and proven to be nothing more than Cullet and/or Slag Glass. Regardless of the claims it is just an ordinary cheap form of glass that has no monoatomic or metaphysical properties. The people selling this stuff are all buying it from the same sources in bulk and breaking it down and re-selling it for ridiculous prices. They all go along with the same fraudulent claims and lies with one another and so over time the story of them has become more and more fabricated as the next guy takes another step forward into increasing their scamming and profit potential. I wouldn't work with a piece of glass or Andara Crystal if you gave them to me for free, a total waste of time and if you buy them money.
Old 22-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Likes2Read

More discussion about Andara "crystals" being cullet glass...

http://www.mindat.org/mesg-55-291045.html

Mind you, some of the participants in this thread don't buy into the concept of natural crystals, either, but that's their prerogative. There are glassblowers and purveyors of slag glass who can vouch that these are nothing but cullet.
Old 22-10-2013, 04:19 AM
Master

I Would think a bag of marbles would be a lot cheeper . In this part of Arizona there is white quartz all over the desert . I posted that link on some of the other forums that I am a member .
Old 29-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Knower
On another site I belong to, someone posted pictures of Andara Crystals they bought. They said as soon as they got them they felt amazing energy from them. They were vibrantly colorful and really beautiful. Many members questioned him or her about their authenticity and he/she posted links to where they were mined etc. I looked them up on ebay and was going to purchase one but a nagging caution stopped me.

I'm glad I searched them here to see what you all thought and knew about them!