Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 08-04-2022, 02:11 AM
Experiencer
Alternate Perspectives while Dreaming

I've been relying on dreaming to keep my life on-track for years. Honestly, I'm better at dreaming than at being awake, and it's kind of become my "teacher". At this point my waking life feels like a dream to me - a rather special dream with some unique characteristics.

Most of the time my dreams are normal stuff - stress release - answering questions - pointing out something that's bothering me or I've forgotten - or something I need to do in my waking life. Other times I've clearly got work to do sleeping, and lately that work happens in areas I can't bring back memories of to my waking life (yet - I'm working on it). But for simple things that need "doing" I often find myself shifting my perspective during a normal dream into a completely different "view".

When that happens I become more aware, and "know" that what I'm seeing is the dream I was just having but it's otherwise unrecognizable. It's kind of gray, rather still, and there's no sounds or smells, no ground or sky, only oddly shaped static objects. Typically I'll adjust something (nothing changes - I just "know" it's happening) and switch back to the normal dream. This may happen a few times, and sometimes the "perspective" shift takes me to the same still place or other still places with different objects. Thing is, I "know" they're all the same dream, just different ways of viewing it.

What I'm curious about is if anyone else has experienced similar things. Do you shift perspectives in your dreams? What do you think of these strange still places, or do you experience it differently?
Old 18-04-2022, 11:15 PM
Yaoughta

One's inner perspective changes when one's outer perspective changes. When you change how you see, think and feel about the world, as you know it from your point of view, your dream perspective will change. I suspect that you're undergoing a great deal of changes in all your energy bodies.

Some people have dreams from a 3rd perspective point of view, sort of seeing themselves in their dreams from another viewpoint and others have more dreams from a 1st perspective viewpoint, much how they see things in their awakened or conscious state of being. What you describe though, sounds more like a level of awareness or lucidity. You're able to change or shift your focus off the dream even though you're still in the dream state. Explore that! It should serve you well.

Everyone has to do their own inner homework in life and for some people, they can do it in one lifetime, while for others, it may take thousands of lifetimes. It's not a race or a contest. It's a process. No one can do your homework for you. Only you can do that. It sounds like you've been doing your homework and working on it for several years now and have made significant progress. Keep going and have fun with it!

The great mirror of self always shines bright in ones dreams. Thanks for sharing!
Old 19-04-2022, 07:13 AM
Experiencer
Thank you Yaoughta! I appreciate your kind words & ideas. Often I find another perspective can cast light on things and you have.

I've been exploring my dreams for years. A lifetime really. It's my main tool, and a very good one for me. Dreaming allows me to see what I need to see and do what I need to do without controlling much of anything. NOT controlling things is important to me - very important. Control is my crack, and like an alcoholic I need to stay away from it. So far so good. I've been "clean" for about 50 years or so now. (lol)

Exploring dreams/dreaming is amazing. There's so much. As you noted, dreaming accommodates both a 1st person perspective and a 3rd person one, and I tend to shift around as needed. My conscious awareness changes as needed as well. Often, simply dreaming is what I need to do, but if more is required my awareness shifts, sometimes even to full lucidity. It all depends on what needs doing - what's going on for me. Typically my waking consciousness doesn't know everything about what's going on - my connection to "the rest of me" is far from perfect - but it's always growing. To get this far I've had to become quite comfortable with "thinking without words" - thinking the way we did when we were born - so now the barrier's become making sense of things. When I enter deep sleep my conscious awareness can't go. I go, but I can't even bring back memories from there let alone be there. I suspect allowing my mind to stop making sense of things will "fix" that, so I'm working on it.

Honestly, there are so many parallels. The process I've been doing via dreaming is very similar to what others do with meditation. In truth, I'm often meditating when asleep. And lucid dreaming seems quite similar to astral projection. The context might be different, but that seems rather arbitrary to me. Being awake is, in a way, just a special way of dreaming.

Interesting that you call it homework. It certainly is. It's also wonderful. I love doing this. And I think you're right about my "inner and outer" perspective changing as one. Dreams are very good at reflecting that kind of thing since they're so pliable. It's quite possible I'm working on my energy body, clearing my chakras and/or opening up blocked channels. Preparing myself to stop making sense of things perhaps.

I love how natural - how effortless - this process is for me. I just ride the river, enjoying the scenery as best I can. I'm in no rush. I've got all the time there is.
Old 20-04-2022, 04:00 PM
asearcher

"It's kind of gray" - mine gets that way when I get visions, symbols. Also in a waked state when I just get glimpses. I think it is so you can receive it better without clutter or "noise" etc? Just a theory, thought, could be wrong, though.
Old 20-04-2022, 11:38 PM
Experiencer
Interesting asearcher. I can see a possible parallel there. I too get glimpses of that "static gray" place while waking from time to time. I've never felt it was communicating with me however. To me it feels like I'm doing something there that I'm not aware of. Using it for something.
Old 25-04-2022, 09:17 AM
Master
Maybe it’s showing you when you shift perspective the dream is recreating something old into something new? Reframing means the whole picture is reframed into something new inclusive of the current view, but the new creation is yet to transpire? Your still aware of the current creation but the new one is building upon that shift..

It feels like this is about sourcing an expansion of your reality more consciously with intent.

I’m rambling somewhat, but I love delving into dream work anyway, even if it doesn’t resonate..
Old 25-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I’m rambling somewhat, but I love delving into dream work anyway, even if it doesn’t resonate.
Agreed JustBe. Dreaming is amazing. Such a wonderful place to play, and it feels so good doing it. Waking up I feel like a small child watching the world form, wondering what it has for me today.

But it's good to compare notes with other people, especially for me. I tend to miss a lot of obvious things. Like asearcher reminding me that I've seen similar thing waking. Why didn't I remember that? Yaoughta suggested it might be a view of my energy body, which hadn't even occurred to me since I "knew" it was my dream. Both of those things can be true however.

Talking to my brother, he reminded me that normal dreaming takes place within our astral body. That's why it's a "private" space - we're within the "egg" that encloses us on the astral plane. So when I switch perspectives and view that "static gray" world I could easily be viewing my energy body. The dream is "in" there. Typically people talk about all kinds of colors associated with our energy body, but my "visual" circuits are kind of strange. No reason it can't look gray to me. No reason at all. And the "static" thing reminds me of other areas I've visited - areas with much less "geometry" - areas that don't share the astral's infinite color or flexibility - areas that typically appear a bit gray to me.

So it would appear I'm shifting levels - maybe. It's all theory after all. Just a game of making sense of things. Ultimately, I don't need to understand. Results tell me things are going well (I'm happy - life is good), and that's enough for me. Making sense of it is just fun.