Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 30-09-2020, 05:16 AM
Knower
Favorite Mixed Drinks

There's another term for them, but the filtering software might star it out

Only two come to mind, though I do still experiment and learn others.

Gin & Tonic
I love this one, and I'm not British! :
Actually, up until a few years ago, I'd never had gin, even though I'm almost sixty. The reason for that is listening to everyone who ever told me what horrible experience they had because of gin, and I believed them. Well, they had horrible experiences, and I didn't. So, now gin is one of my favorite mixing alcohols.

Margarita
This is a classic and probably the one mixed drink I've had most of my legal-drinking life. If you have Mexican food (or TexMex) it's kind of a given that you're going to have a margarita too. Not necessarily always, but it's the perfect mixer for that cuisine, other than Mexican beer.

So, as this is the Lounge what's everyone else's favorite mixed drinks to imbibe?
Old 30-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Elfin

Hi.. I AM British.. and I've never had a gin and tonic !!!.... I had it neat once, as the host did not have any mixers!! Didn't like it, although is so very popular now in a whole range of flavours and mixes.... Over my years ( when young) .. I have gone through phases of the following..... Lager and blackcurrant.... Vodka and orange..... Rum and coke.... And on occasion when I was unable to drink because of pregnancy etc, a firm favourite was tomato juice and Worcester sauce... Yummy!!... Nowadays I like to just relax with a glass of wine... Have just discovered ginger wine, which is lovely..... CHEERS!!....
Old 30-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjhan
There's another term for them, but the filtering software might star it out

Only two come to mind, though I do still experiment and learn others.

Gin & Tonic
I love this one, and I'm not British! :
Actually, up until a few years ago, I'd never had gin, even though I'm almost sixty. The reason for that is listening to everyone who ever told me what horrible experience they had because of gin, and I believed them. Well, they had horrible experiences, and I didn't. So, now gin is one of my favorite mixing alcohols.

Margarita
This is a classic and probably the one mixed drink I've had most of my legal-drinking life. If you have Mexican food (or TexMex) it's kind of a given that you're going to have a margarita too. Not necessarily always, but it's the perfect mixer for that cuisine, other than Mexican beer.

So, as this is the Lounge what's everyone else's favorite mixed drinks to imbibe?

I also enjoy G&T but like Budweiser beer at Walmart prices! Sorry that's not a mix so what about bitter-shandy? That should count! Amaretto and 7 Up work pretty well too, much more Amaretto than the other, though.

Margarita doesn't work for me but my wife enjoys it and we usually keep a bottle in our fridge when we're in AZ - again Walmart does the biz!
Old 30-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I also enjoy G&T but like Budweiser beer at Walmart prices! Sorry that's not a mix so what about bitter-shandy? That should count! Amaretto and 7 Up work pretty well too, much more Amaretto than the other, though.

Margarita doesn't work for me but my wife enjoys it and we usually keep a bottle in our fridge when we're in AZ - again Walmart does the biz!
Morning Bob... So you're a G n T man. I must admit I was put off with my "neat" experience... But have you seen the massive range of different flavoured gins in the supermarket now?? Although they are of course already "mixed" , so I don't know how "authentic" they may be.... But very pretty colours!!!! It was only brought to my attention whilst having to queue down the alcohol aisle during lockdown to wait for a checkout. Gin seems to be the "drink of the moment" at the moment.
Old 30-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Master
I am a wine person, but there's a restaurant near me who makes the best peach margaritas. They really are too good. Here's a song to go with your drinks. https://youtu.be/z3HBcgxOWAQ
Old 30-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Morning Bob... So you're a G n T man. I must admit I was put off with my "neat" experience... But have you seen the massive range of different flavoured gins in the supermarket now?? Although they are of course already "mixed" , so I don't know how "authentic" they may be.... But very pretty colours!!!! It was only brought to my attention whilst having to queue down the alcohol aisle during lockdown to wait for a checkout. Gin seems to be the "drink of the moment" at the moment.

Oh, yes, I enjoy gin and have for many years....

And, yes I've seen all the gins we have in our locals. The gin industry has done a stirling job of marketing the wide range of flavours it's made available. All very nice but half-strength some of 'em. You have to drink more to get the effect! No great hardship!

I first encountered the flavoured ones when our daughter bought me a gift box from John Lewis for Dad's Day. Then we found pink gin in Walmart - I think it was Gordon's export stuff, full strength 37.5% proof - that went down very nicely with the sweetish Tonic Water or Soda Water sold over there.

Back home in spring I tried the Aldi brand and it very acceptable at 37.5% proof and at a fair price - there's a bottle in my drinks fridge at the side of the computer desk I'm using right now!

Speaking of Aldi I drink Ballycastle too - drunk neat like cheapo Carolyns at just under 4 quid a bottle. I find THAT very acceptable too!
Old 30-09-2020, 10:46 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Oh, yes, I enjoy gin and have for many years....

And, yes I've seen all the gins we have in our locals. The gin industry has done a stirling job of marketing the wide range of flavours it's made available. All very nice but half-strength some of 'em. You have to drink more to get the effect! No great hardship!

I first encountered the flavoured ones when our daughter bought me a gift box from John Lewis for Dad's Day. Then we found pink gin in Walmart - I think it was Gordon's export stuff, full strength 37.5% proof - that went down very nicely with the sweetish Tonic Water or Soda Water sold over there.

Back home in spring I tried the Aldi brand and it very acceptable at 37.5% proof and at a fair price - there's a bottle in my drinks fridge at the side of the computer desk I'm using right now!

Speaking of Aldi I drink Ballycastle too - drunk neat like cheapo Carolyns at just under 4 quid a bottle. I find THAT very acceptable too!
Oh good gracious.. I might need to broaden my horizons !!! Aldi you say?... Might have to nip down the road LOL... Dear me , is all this making us look bad ? The lovely ginger wine I have recently discovered is only £3 something ... And tastes more like a spirit than a wine to me... Very warming, like whiskey or brandy.... A very nice winter accompiament I'm thinking !!! Although granted it's not mixed with anything !!!!!
Old 30-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Oh good gracious.. I might need to broaden my horizons !!! Aldi you say?... Might have to nip down the road LOL... Dear me , is all this making us look bad ? The lovely ginger wine I have recently discovered is only £3 something ... And tastes more like a spirit than a wine to me... Very warming, like whiskey or brandy.... A very nice winter accompiament I'm thinking !!! Although granted it's not mixed with anything !!!!!

I'd say your ginger wine is a good price too! And if it seems more like spirit than wine so much the better. My Ballycastle was 3.79 the last time I was in the store so just a little more expensive than your own tipple.

Since ASDA - 10 minutes walking from us - was so busy in the early weeks of lockdown, with long queues outside sometimes 45 minutes standing around in the cold, my wife began shopping at other grocery stores including Aldi and Lidl. We've been impressed by some of their range. You need to try products to see if they suit your taste.

In a few weeks we'll have a brand new Lidl store half a mile away to accompany the recently opened Aldi store directly alongside it on the same patch of ground. There's little wonder that both these European chains are doing so well in the UK - when the Yanks join us at breakfast PST they won't have a clue what we're talking about!
Old 30-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Elfin

Quote:
I'd say your ginger wine is a good price too! And if it seems more like spirit than wine so much the better. My Ballycastle was 3.79 the last time I was in the store so just a little more expensive than your own tipple.

Since ASDA - 10 minutes walking from us - was so busy in the early weeks of lockdown, with long queues outside sometimes 45 minutes standing around in the cold, my wife began shopping at other grocery stores including Aldi and Lidl. We've been impressed by some of their range. You need to try products to see if they suit your taste.

In a few weeks we'll have a brand new Lidl store half a mile away to accompany the recently opened Aldi store directly alongside it on the same patch of ground. There's little wonder that both these European chains are doing so well in the UK - when the Yanks join us at breakfast PST they won't have a clue what we're talking about!
...LOL.. we be giving us Brits a bad name ... So what's ballycastle ?.... I thought at first it was lager.... But I'm thinking it's akin to Irish cream sherry?... Cheaper version of Bailey's ?....if so I think I've had that...
Old 30-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
...LOL.. we be giving us Brits a bad name ... So what's ballycastle ?.... I thought at first it was lager.... But I'm thinking it's akin to Irish cream sherry?... Cheaper version of Bailey's ?....if so I think I've had that...

Yeah a cheapo version of Carolyns, itself a cheapo version of Bailey's with wine rather than whisky.