Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Enlightener

Firstly, how can I "take it the wrong way"? you are merely asking me questions. I don't think I would be offended if you did. So...

DASA wrote:
But if you 'Really Are' something, then how can you choose to be it? Are both possible, or is it one or the other?

My beleif is that you Really Are God.
And yes, as with most spiritual aspects both are possible. There are two things that you can do in the universe in regard to this question (though truly there is nothing to do). That is, you can spend your time coming to an awareness about Who You Really Are, which is God or Life or Everything, whatever you want to call it, when you have come to an awareness that you Are the universe (and one with) then you have become a Master.
The other thing that you can do, and cannot NOT do is be Who You Choose To Be. That is, in every moment you are choosing who you want to be, Life is an act of creation.(Poppies: I'll come to this later)

But surely we all have to perform some work. It's impossible to actually 'do nothing', even if you sit in meditation you are still doing something ... then there's breathing, and eating etc...

I know that we are literally not 'doing nothing' but I mean it in the spiritual aspect, not the physical. The reason why there is nothing that we have to do is because when we first existed* (ha, this is getting difficult) we simply Were.
Thus we had nothing to do, in the sense that we had no objective to complete. And it is still true of that today, in the spiritual sense, that we have no objective to complete in order live in perfection. We are already living in perfection, the key is that you merely have to notice that.

*We have always existed, what I mean is when we existed as an ethereal being...before the physical universe was created and we started incarnating bodies.

Now, the divine dichotomy in this situation is that we actually do have something to do. And that is to circle the path of enlightenment, or path the circle of enlightenment. There is a place where we are perfect. The Buddha called this place Nirvana. But in order for us to expericence Nirvana, not simply know it, is to experience Not-Nirvana or imperfection. And as I said before nothing is imperfect, but it is all perfect, you merely have to notice that.

(Now I'm not sure where this place of Nirvana is, but I do know that it exists in the Realm of the Absolute, the spiritual realm. I think Nirvana is when you Experience yourself as God, in the literal sense, you experience yourself as All Of It. Nirvana is when you experience yourself as Everything at once. It must surely be bliss.)

What evidence is there that we are actually God? We are conscious, but then couldn't God be an entirely different entity? There is quite a bit of debate about this theory, and I wouldn't say there was a general concensus on the exact nature of God?

My beleif of God is that It is a being that is everywhere and that observes All. It is the energy of the spiritual realms and the physical realms, too. It is the matter and the anti-matter, the All of It and also the None of it. The Alpha and the Omega. All of what I am talking about I received from God so I could thus know myself as I Am.

Yes, we are concious but if God was something else than us then what are we? If God is the All in the Everything, a being that literally Is the universe, than we consist of it. Though if God were some being that was seperate to us, though that it created us, then would we not be of it anyway?

But if there is 'no meaning to life' then how can this be The meaning?

There is a difference between Life being meaningless and for it to have meaning. This is a bit strange, I know, but you must understand that God (Life, Change) is a deeply contradictory being. Life is meaningless in the sense that we have nothing to complete in order to live, though we actually do have something to do. God created the universe so that we could have something to do. And that is to move in and out of Perfection, or Nirvana.

But then one could ask 'who doesn't experience who they choose to be?'. Pretty much everyone does this. What about a serial-child-rapist, is he just experiencing 'who he chose to be'? Doesn't there have to be some discrimation along the line?

Everyone can not experience Who They Choose To Be. It is as simple as not acting out your (highest) idea about yourself. Constantly, in every moment, we are Choosing Who To Be. A serial-child-rapist is simply living the law of existence, just like everyone else. There are no barriers in who you can be and no limits to what you can do. God does not discriminate, he/she merely observes what is so.

Devolution wrote:
Quote:
The Purpose of Life is to Fill it With Meaning...

...how romantic Devolution, that's really great! :lol:

Poppies wrote:
[i]I think I
Old 31-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Space_Man

[quote=Enlightener]
Old 01-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Poppies

[quote=Enlightener]Poppies wrote:
[i]I think I
Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
Christians are not taught to believe in re-incarnation and past lives..... so this concept is new to me, and if I'm perfectly honest, while I'm open to the idea, I don't necessarily believe in it.... I really don't know at this point....

The basics of what I do believe is that Jesus showed us the way to re-union with God... I don't believe that he was born the 'son of God'... I believe that he became 'the Christ'.... he chose to follow that path... and we can also choose to find our path to re-union with the Divine......
You have
Old 04-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
The basics of what I do believe is that Jesus showed us the way to re-union with God... I don't believe that he was born the 'son of God'... I believe that he became 'the Christ'.... he chose to follow that path... and we can also choose to find our path to re-union with the Divine......

I also beleive this. Thanks poppies:P
Enlightener
Old 05-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Poppies

Oooooh! Can I start up a new sect with 3 people in it?!?! :lol:
Closed Thread