Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 09-10-2023, 12:11 AM
Guide

Precognitive Dreams

I sometimes have dreams that predict the future. They tell me something significant that is going to happen. I always know these dreams are precognitive because they feel more real. I don't really know how to describe it, but they feel more real and I can tell them instantly from a regular dream. Anyways, I am wondering why we have these dreams and what their purpose is?

I had a dream a few months ago that I was walking my dog in a grassy field and he fell into a well. There was no bottom to the well and he was falling and falling and I felt so helpless and lost. I knew this dream was precognitive but I tricked myself because I did not want to believe it. Time passed and I felt better. Well, my dog has passed suddenly and tragically. Of course I am devastated, but I am thinking of this dream I had over and over.

Last fall I also had a dream that I was driving in a car with my good childhood friend. She was telling me that she wanted to leave her husband. It felt super real. I woke up and wrote the dream in my notepad so it would be dated as proof. Six months later this friend informed me that she was separating from her husband and wants to divorce.

Last fall I also had a dream that a friend I'm not very close with anymore got engaged. It felt very real and I went online to see if it was true. No posts or anything. A couple weeks later she was engaged and was posting pics of her ring on social media.
Old 15-10-2023, 02:48 PM
Pathfinder

It could mean that ur Intuition is rly switched on, it’s calling for you attention In waking life if it’s reaching you in dreams, try doing some meditation connecting with your inner self, this is the best way to bring it outwards and it can really serve you well, allowing the inner monologue voice to to guide you, pay close attention to any feelings or urges, this is your intuition guiding you.
Old 15-10-2023, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Have you thought about writing your dreams down in a journal
If you keep doing it it is a reminder to you so you can see how accurate you are.

Namaste
Old 15-10-2023, 09:49 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Have you thought about writing your dreams down in a journal
If you keep doing it it is a reminder to you so you can see how accurate you are.
Yeah, I wrote one down this past year. I did not write the one down about my dog because I refused to believe it.

I guess, I'm just wondering why we are told of such events. You could say it is a warning, but then why do I need to know my friend was getting engaged? My dogs passing is making me question a lot of things. Like if we have a set time on earth or if things are predestined. Just some sad ramblings.
Old 17-10-2023, 04:15 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
...I guess, I'm just wondering why we are told of such events...

Some of us are given gifts that often leave us questioning why. Though there isn't always a logical answer to the question. Sometimes these gifts just are.

My mom is someone who has premonition dreams. One thing you will want to make sure of is to not let the logical side of answer seeking get the best of you.
Old 17-10-2023, 11:23 AM
Experiencer
I have precognitive dreams too. My understanding is that when we are in a state of expanded consciousness (meaning it is free from the first person perspective and tapping into the collective) it is capable of getting pieces of information from past present and future. Even a would be future, meaning a future that could have happened, but didn´t. It´s also one of the many ways the universe has of warning you of something, to prepare you for something that may affect you deaply concerning your loved ones.

I´m not sure I would call it a gift. I´d say its more of an ability that comes when training awarness and expansion of mind. Perhaps some have more of this because they have been training in previous lives.
Old 18-10-2023, 08:21 PM
Newbie ;)

I also have precognitive dreams. The first one I had was when I was 4 years old. I am 49. I moved to the location I am currently residing due to dreams.

Just this year, I obtained certification in Dream Studies.

Interestingly, geomagnetic storms may contribute to precognitive dreams in some people. There has been research on this (Persinger, for example has done research on dream telepathy and dream precognition in conjunction with the earth's magnetosphere).