Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Pathfinder
Crystals for shadow work

What crystals are good to use when processing negative emotions that arise from shadow work? And I'm asking about crystals that help sooth the emotional pain and keep you from getting overwhelmed. Honestly I just started with this practice and I'm already feeling a bit emotionally overwhelmed and lots of emotional pain. I need sth to help support me through the journey so I wouldn't give up halfway through
Old 17-01-2021, 06:54 PM
Guide

I get easily overwhelmed by crystal energies at times. What helps me personally most is not wearing them for a while or use very grounding ones like Bronzite when I need to reconnect with my 'mundane me'. I have a good experience with this specific mineral but there are others that may be fitting yourself better. You can experiment a bit. Grounding stones and crystals are essential to have in my view and its always very helpful to have some of these available.

Also be patient and kind to yourself. Often it's better to take it in steps as getting overwhelmed won't let you process but often put you in a fight-or-flight state. Sometimes a little distance is needed for processing.
Old 17-01-2021, 09:48 PM
Master
Indeed a grounding crystal but you could also use a crystal that works specifically on the issue you have, what you're working on.
In general selenite or rose quartz are always loving, soothing crystals.
And I have found that a larger piece of carnelian was very helpful when I was doing deeper emotional stuff. The sacral chakra is much about that.
Benefit of carnelian is that it also grounds. For this I feel that the darker brown carnelian is best suited, which is from Madagascar.

But do remember crystals are just aids, they cannot do the work for you. You need the willpower to do the process yourself. A crystal can support it.
Old 17-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Pathfinder
I don't Carmelia atm, but I do have rose quartz. Other grounding crystals that I have are black obsidian, black tourmaline, hematite and red jasper. I also have Amethyst which I heard helps as well.

Overall I just want something that will help me deal with the emotions that arise from doing shadow work
Old 28-01-2021, 05:03 PM
Experiencer
real greenland nuummite, which can be quite pricey.

not to be confused with indian coppernite. however, even the indian coppernite can work fine.
Old 29-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed321
I don't Carmelia atm, but I do have rose quartz. Other grounding crystals that I have are black obsidian, black tourmaline, hematite and red jasper. I also have Amethyst which I heard helps as well.

Overall I just want something that will help me deal with the emotions that arise from doing shadow work
That's why I said what I said: get crystals that work on the issues related to those emotions. And since emotions often are located in the belly area, the navel and sacral chakras, a carnelian would be good.
Rose quartz for self-love issues, yellow for Solar Plexus with self-confidence and esteem etc etc. Blue for expressing yourself and your pain and so on.

Also, obsidian tends to bring up your shadow stuff which is why it is often too much for people as it can be quite confronting.
Other crystals are peach selenite, tourmalinated quartz
Black agate gives insight in your shadow sides... Black jade could help.
Old 16-03-2021, 09:17 PM
Deactivated Account
This is copied from a post in my site - the list is just a basic generalized list that some may find helpful:

echoesthroughtime.wordpress.com/2021/01/25/shadow-work-resources-and-pluto-notes/

Stones/Crystals for Plutonian and Shadow Work

*Earth Star*

Cassiterite

Black Jade

Black Tourmaline

Black Obsidian (and other Obsidian varieties)

Black Onyx

Black Azeztulite

Black Phantom Quartz

Black Moonstone

Black Kyanite

Black Star Diopside

Master Shamanite

Jet

Mani Stone

Hematite

Galena

*Grounding*

Smokey Quartz

Brown Tourmaline

*Heart*

Pink Opal

Rhodochrosite

Rhodonite

Rose Quartz

*Third Eye/Throat/Thymus*

Labradorite

Covellite

Iolite

Lapis Lazuli

Azurite

Aquamarine

Chrysocolla

Dioptase

Aqua Aura Quartz

Gem Silica

Peruvian Blue Opal

Larimar

*Crown/Transpersonal*

Selenite
Old 17-03-2021, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed321
What crystals are good to use when processing negative emotions that arise from shadow work? And I'm asking about crystals that help sooth the emotional pain and keep you from getting overwhelmed. Honestly I just started with this practice and I'm already feeling a bit emotionally overwhelmed and lots of emotional pain. I need sth to help support me through the journey so I wouldn't give up halfway through

Just choose the crystals that you feel most attracted to and at peace with. If your getting overwhelmed then their probably not the right crystals for you. Yes groundings very important so choose those that you feel most grounded with. Amen
Old 17-03-2021, 10:49 PM
Experiencer
i would say, if the budget is low, black obsidian combined with hypersthene is all you need. but if you want to go all day way, then greenland nuummite it's where is at :) as i said above

i think.. just an obsidian black sphere, meditating in the darkness of the night, is really all you need. but more can help sure.
Old 20-03-2021, 06:40 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
i would say, if the budget is low, black obsidian combined with hypersthene is all you need. but if you want to go all day way, then greenland nuummite it's where is at :) as i said above

i think.. just an obsidian black sphere, meditating in the darkness of the night, is really all you need. but more can help sure.
What I would like to add is to make absolutely sure it's genuine Nuummite. A lot of Nuummite going round is in fact a kind of granite from India. The right stuff is black with somtimes blue and gold streaks while the fake stuff is black with copperlike spots.