Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Visioneer

Can Christians Use Chakras?

Is it ok for Christians to Use Chakras?

or is Chakras Totally the works of the "Left hand Path" of the Self Worship?

Can someone that is Edified with the "Holy Spirit" even discover their Chakras at all?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Quagmire

Sure they can... my guides are saying to me in a loving and fun way: that it is a silly line of thought that chakras should be off limit for some, because they are an integrated part of each and everyone of us. Christians might know this by another name explained in a differnt way.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Master

The Bible is the only completely reliable guide to how we should worship God so the way to find the answer to your question is to compare the teachings about chakras with what the Bible says. The fact that teaching about chakras is part of Hindu theology should serve as a warning against it.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Royalite

Dear Visioneer, who I believed asked this question with good intent ,

You can get many different answers as many Christians have differing views. I personally see nothing wrong in learning about Chakras because as Bjoorka said, they're a part of the body. Much the same way the rosary beads are a part of the Catholic as well as the Hindu religion Chakras may very well be the same. It ought not be much of a problem. It would not be imo.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Dilchannan

I would say, take a stroll with God through the Bible. Pray and meditate on Him. He will give you your answers and will not lead you astray...

Peace be within you..
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visioneer

Can someone that is Edified with the "Holy Spirit" even discover their Chakras at all?

Hi Visioneer,
Jesus said "mansions" instead of chakras - "In my Father's house there are many mansions".
And St. Teresa of Avila wrote about her ascent through the "mansions" in her spiritual autobiography, The Interior Castle.
Different terminology - same experience, same realities.
What do you think?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Quagmire

Uma thnx for enlightening me on this subject it sounds very wise...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
The Bible is the only completely reliable guide to how we should worship God so the way to find the answer to your question is to compare the teachings about chakras with what the Bible says. The fact that teaching about chakras is part of Hindu theology should serve as a warning against it.

Hi Theophilus, I can appreciate where you're coming from, but I am not sure that just because something is part of Hindu Theology, means an automatic warning. There is plenty that is good in Hindu theology. It doesn't mean I believe it all to be right, but there is good there.

Anyway, I like the suggestion someone gave about taking a walk with God through the bible.

My experience of eastern religions is that there is a lot that sounds interesting, fun, and seemingly worth experimenting with. However, my experience is that I often become confused, and not focused on Christ when I allow myself to seek all these thrills and frills that seem to be offered in the more 'feeling' driven teachings. That doesn't mean there isn't truth to these things, but at least from my own experience, I haven't found them helpful. I have found it all to be a little bit like the Kings New Clothes.

There is an excellent quote from Paul in the NT, where he says something to the effect of ''be not moved from the simplicity that is in Chirst Jesus''.

In following Jesus's words, everything IMO becomes clear. He will lead us to what we need, if we need it. If that's to using Chakras then fine, but be sure that it's Christ who is leading you to it, and not the devil, your desire, or ego (whatever term you want to give).
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus

good job!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visioneer

Well, who made chakras? If they exists they must have been created by God right? Why would he make them, put them inside of you, and then forbid you to use them? Chakras have nothing to do with self-worship.