Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Guide
Christianity and Reincarnation/past lives

Does anyone here consider themselves a Christian, but believe in reincarnation? I'm only asking because I've read the bible and I don't see anywhere in there where there is room for the belief of reincarnation. So I guess I'm just wondering if there are any Christians that do believe in reincarnation, and if you do, is there a way you've reconciled that belief with the bible?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
?

Jehovah God does not mention anything about reincarnations. Jesus nor Any of God’s servants ever spoke of it. Because it doesn’t happen. As always though, it’s satan who will and have cause much confusion amongst “Christians”, with lies and tricks, ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil), This is why God warns us.

One of them are “reincarnations”, he knows many, even believers would much rather believe no one totally dies. He also wants to make God’s word/or and his teachings seem like lies, After all satan should know, he lies very well! And a definite master of trickery!

He will make many have a strong sense of being in a certain place before. Just as he have many believe they speak with their dead love ones. Many who serve Jehovah God, and believe in Jesus would know satan’s tricks, (1Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices).
Peace
Old 08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Master

Whether you find reincarnation in the Bible depends on how you read it. If you read it with and open mind and with the intention of basing your beliefs on what it says there is no way you can come to the conclusion that reincarnation is true.

Unfortunately many people don't approach the Bible this way but they already have preconceived ideas about what is true and try to interpret the Bible to support these beliefs. The Holy Spirit helps those who are sincerely looking for truth to understand the Bible; Satan and the evil spirits that serve him are always prepared to help those who hold false beliefs to find a way of interpreting the Bible that will support their beliefs.

It is possible to use the Bible to support any belief if you interpret what it says symbolically rather than literally and quote isolated statements out of context.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Dilchannan

I once used to believe in reincarnation, now I just wait on the Lord, He will tell me all the secrets one day...

Peace to you always
Old 08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Knower
I consider myself a follower of Christ teachings and I believe in reincarnation. Unfortunately the churches see one of their prime jobs to mold people to their doctrines. I go to one church because I want my children to learn something about God and Christ. But what I see from the pastor he has no deep understanding of the Bible. They keep saying over and over that God took a human form and came down on earth. From everything that Christ said only a little is put on paper. And since Christ often used a symbolic language which many understand as it fits them, or according to their level of development.
There is not even a single place where Christ denied "reincarnation". The best interpretation of Christ teachings I found in Beinsa Douno's lectures.
*Love is a Divine condition.*
Love Wisdom Truth - Video
The Good Prayer - Video
Old 08-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Experiencer

I'm a Christian, and don't believe in reincarnation.

I'm also a Spiritualist, and don't believe in reincarnation.

In my opinion, reincarnation is a good example of our modern eclectic ("a little bit of everything") style of thinking: we heard about it from Eastern religions, and try to tack it onto ours.

Jim
Old 09-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Knower
If there is no reincarnation, why some people are smarter than others?
Why some people sing better than others?
Why some people are more talented than others?
And etc. etc.
If there is no reincarnation, who gave the order "no reincarnation" is allowed?
*Love is a Divine condition.*
Love Wisdom Truth - Video
The Good Prayer - Video
Old 09-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Dilchannan

Why is the sky blue, and grass green? Because they are made that way by our Creator.

Reincarnation, I believe, makes people feel good, they get another shot..How ever not all things that makes us feel good are good or true. jmho

Peace be with you...
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Wisdom Truth
If there is no reincarnation, why some people are smarter than others?
Why some people sing better than others?
Why some people are more talented than others?
And etc. etc.
If there is no reincarnation, who gave the order "no reincarnation" is allowed?

1) Greater inherent God-given talent.

2) Harder work developing No. 1.

You could just as well ask if there IS reincarnation, who gave the order allowing it?

Jim
Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan

Reincarnation, I believe, makes people feel good, they get another shot..How ever not all things that makes us feel good are good or true. jmho

You have that completely correct, I believe, Dil.

The irony is that "getting another shot" at life is a Western misconception of what Eastern religions believe. To them, being reborn into this material world is a curse, not a blessing.

Jim