Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Thanks for the replies...I don't think contacting the authorities or anything like that will be necessary, as I sent them a final message stating very clearly that I want nothing to do with them from now on and then blocked them on Facebook, so it should be all good now. If they try and contact me again I'll simply ignore them...Thanks again!

seeker89 - Glad to here you have blocked communication with this group. Involvement I let get out of hand years back with a religious group other than my own nearly destroyed my family and did upset the security of a great many things in my life. In hindsight, their methods really degraded my intelligence. My spiritual quest, however, was preyed upon. That is the opening. Remain diligent to keep these people out. Know what you know, be strong and faithful in your own belief system, whatever it may be and live life on your own chosen paths.

Blackraven
Old 23-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Master
Good advice Blackraven.
Old 24-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Cano

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Learn the Bible. Quote it right back at them. Go to Bible study. Know your Faith and they will leave you alone. Live your Faith and they will respect you. Understand their Faith and they will Love you.

Thats great advise!

Cano
Old 24-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Mary Baker

Lots f good advice for seeker 89. I agree with Kare , Lightwalker and Cano, especially.
Quote:
is there anything in there (scripture)against pushing beliefs on people?
Yes, and some of it has been quoted for you.
Since you seem not to have been aware of this, you are probably not in a position to argue scripture with these people who also seem to not know scripture very well or they would not think they are "high Priestesses" or equivalent. It would be good to study the Bible with an open mind and while prayig for divine guidance so as not to fall into the same or similar error as your adversaries.

The anchor that holds us to truth, I think, is love for God and his creation including ourselves, our fellow man and including our enemies.

Unless The Lord equips you and leads you to lovingly witness to these people by presenting the gospel of love and faith in a loving God, it is best to just pray for them and avoid them IMHO. See 2 Timothy 2:23-26 . The purpose, IMO, of presenting the gospel lovingly and not pushing, is to help people see the truth for themselves and be saved from error, not to prove oneself right or superior to others.

It is all about love and respect, IMO
Old 24-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Everything comes back to the Bible for these people, so is there anything in there against pushing beliefs on people?
Yes.

'Treat other how you want to be treated'

I don't think a Christian would want a Muslim to constantly preach to them and try to convert them and their family. Again though, if someone isn't treating others how they want to be treated, it's not your problem. Your problem is how you react to it. Just love the person and let it go.
Old 26-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Ascender

It shouldn’t be about one being “liberal” it should be about one totally teaching and following all that one can do, by Jesus teachings of his Fathers words ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you).

My question is ,why don’t you take what you’re bringing here, it to them? I ask that because many will give the wrong advice based on some form of hatred, Instead of love. We ALL need to put ourselves in check, none of us has a first class ticket to Heaven. Even though Jesus died for us. We STILL have to do right up to the end, in hopes of being “saved“ ,(Matt.24:13 -But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved).

NO ONE is immune from satan, even Jehovah’s elite if they‘re not on guard ,(Pro.24:24). this is why God warns us to protect ourselves against satan‘s tricks, (Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). If satan came at Jesus there’s NO imperfect humans who can’t be touched.

Your friends most definitely need to put themselves, and what they believe into check. There are just as many “Christians” who’s filled with demons. As with none Christians. That’s why there’s much divorces, because of adultery, lies, abuse, These are of satan. And what they said, did to you and believe, is also of satan. true servants of Jehovah God are peacemakers ,(Matt.5:9- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God).

Many christian believe they has Jesus favor, that’s not true ,(Matt.7:22,23- Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord…). so If you feel they’re too much for you, pray for them, and /or cut them lose. God doesn’t want us dealing with anything or anybody, that’ll cause us to lose our Godly personality. May Jehovah be with you. peace
Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 AM
michaelsherlock

Quote:
Hi...Basically, there's this family run ministry in my town who I used to hang out with. I think the term for them is "fundagelical" - They think anyone who isn't a Christian and doesn't follow the Bible has demons inside them, the head women claims to be an Apostle and Prophetess, they claim to exorcise/deliver people from demons (this is their main focus) and yeah, they won't leave me alone. We won't talk for a couple of months but then I'll get a text message or a message on Facebook from them trying to subtly convert/coerce me into their way of thinking. Would you just ignore them? I try and ignore, but then she'll say something deliberately to get a reaction out of me, I'm sick of them. Everything comes back to the Bible for these people, so is there anything in there against pushing beliefs on people?

Sorry, I'm mainly just venting here and wanted some opinions from some more Liberal Christians.

Thanks.

First I must apologize in advance as I am not a Christian at all, but I think you can relate to the feeling of having to apologize for not believing in a manner that pleases certain people, namely this Cult you are speaking of!

I had a similar issue with some Jehovahs Witnesses here in Japan where I live and I love these opportunities!

My advice to you is to study up, do your homework, compile loads and loads of passages from scripture and other non-Christian material that contradicts thier beliefs and then be over-enthuastic about preaching to them the "Good word" or your version as you see it! Turn the tables, so to speak and you may find they become less inspired to want to convert you. Once a Christian fundie knows you know your stuff, they generally leave you alone!

As in the words of the great philosopher Celsus who noticed this curious fact about early Christian converters, namely that they only tried to convert the ignorant and ill-informed, he said:

"We see, indeed, in private houses workers in wool and leather, and fullers, and persons of the most uninstructed and rustic character, not venturing to utter a word in the presence of their elders and wiser masters; but when they (Christians) get hold of the children privately, and certain women as ignorant as themselves, they pour forth wonderful statements, to the effect that they ought not to give heed to their father and to their teachers, but should obey them; that the former are foolish and stupid, and neither know nor can perform anything that is really good, being preoccupied with empty trifles; that they alone know how men ought to live, and that, if the children obey them, they will both be happy themselves, and will make their home happy also. And while thus speaking, if they see one of the instructors of youth approaching, or one of the more intelligent class, or even the father himself, the more timid among them become afraid, while the more forward incite the children to throw off the yoke, whispering that in the presence of father and teachers they neither will nor can explain to them any good thing, seeing they turn away with aversion from the silliness and stupidity of such persons as being altogether corrupt, and far advanced in wickedness, and such as would inflict punishment upon them; but that if they wish (to avail themselves of their aid,) they must leave their father and their instructors, and go with the women and their playfellows to the women's apartments, or to the leather shop, or to the fuller's shop, that they may attain to perfection;--and by words like these they gain them over."

Knowledge is power!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
michaelsherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
seeker89 - Glad to here you have blocked communication with this group. Involvement I let get out of hand years back with a religious group other than my own nearly destroyed my family and did upset the security of a great many things in my life. In hindsight, their methods really degraded my intelligence. My spiritual quest, however, was preyed upon. That is the opening. Remain diligent to keep these people out. Know what you know, be strong and faithful in your own belief system, whatever it may be and live life on your own chosen paths.

Blackraven

I like where you are coming from but I disagree! Let them in, right in! Before doing so however, be prepared, learn thier beliefs, study thier interpretations of scripture and they way they view the world and use that info to trap them into uncomfortable discourses! Be over interested in converting them (not really, but make it seem like that), then they will more than likely loose interest in you. You must however, do your homework, what harm can it do, your mind is your own and if you truely know that, no one can pry it from you!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsherlock
I like where you are coming from but I disagree! Let them in, right in! Before doing so however, be prepared, learn thier beliefs, study thier interpretations of scripture and they way they view the world and use that info to trap them into uncomfortable discourses! Be over interested in converting them (not really, but make it seem like that), then they will more than likely loose interest in you. You must however, do your homework, what harm can it do, your mind is your own and if you truely know that, no one can pry it from you!

michaelsherlock - I definitely can see the advantage to knowing the other's religion and what makes them tick and disengaging them on their quest to convert one. Knowledge is power. When they feel they have more knowledge than you, they quickly get the upper hand. Point well taken.

Blackraven