Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Knower

Best way to deal with these people?

Hi...Basically, there's this family run ministry in my town who I used to hang out with. I think the term for them is "fundagelical" - They think anyone who isn't a Christian and doesn't follow the Bible has demons inside them, the head women claims to be an Apostle and Prophetess, they claim to exorcise/deliver people from demons (this is their main focus) and yeah, they won't leave me alone. We won't talk for a couple of months but then I'll get a text message or a message on Facebook from them trying to subtly convert/coerce me into their way of thinking. Would you just ignore them? I try and ignore, but then she'll say something deliberately to get a reaction out of me, I'm sick of them. Everything comes back to the Bible for these people, so is there anything in there against pushing beliefs on people?

Sorry, I'm mainly just venting here and wanted some opinions from some more Liberal Christians.

Thanks.
Old 19-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Master
IMO, just ignore them. Why give them that power over you? Block them on fb and block their number so they can't text you. You are under no obligation to think the way they are telling you to. You are also under no obligation to explain yourself to anyone else - it's your life and your decisions and you get to control what information comes your way. If you don't like their message, be active about removing them from your life.

Old 19-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Master

May I suggest you join the Spaghetti Monster Church? Then all further communication can be met by refering them to your High Priestess. Alternatively I think there is a Church of Jedi Followers too. Or if you have the money, enroll in the Scientology Church. Afaik, all the other churches leave their people alone for good reason. Personally I'd probably join the Asatru, but that is just me...
Old 19-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Knower

Lol, thanks guys. Yeah, I'll do my best to just ignore them, I know they have no right to tell me what to think. Most of the time I'm a very easy going, mellow guy but when someone tries to tell me what to do and claims to be a Divine authority I get quite angry and some nasty stuff can get said - Something I have to work on. Have a good one :)
Old 19-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Master
These fundamentalist are afraid, they need everyone to agree with them to make themselves feel secure, subconsciously they know that they are following a god of hate, a god that wants to destroy everyone who doesn't agree with him, so they project this onto everyone else, in this way it takes the fear away from them and onto others, they are poison to you.
Old 20-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Administrator

We have them here i call them born again christians i am evil according to them.idiots as they are,they dont like anyone to disagree with them,tough i say to them i am a spiritulist always have been always will be so get over it,
they generly have no answer to that.

Namaste
Old 20-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89
Hi...Basically, there's this family run ministry in my town who I used to hang out with. I think the term for them is "fundagelical" - They think anyone who isn't a Christian and doesn't follow the Bible has demons inside them, the head women claims to be an Apostle and Prophetess, they claim to exorcise/deliver people from demons (this is their main focus) and yeah, they won't leave me alone. We won't talk for a couple of months but then I'll get a text message or a message on Facebook from them trying to subtly convert/coerce me into their way of thinking. Would you just ignore them? I try and ignore, but then she'll say something deliberately to get a reaction out of me, I'm sick of them. Everything comes back to the Bible for these people, so is there anything in there against pushing beliefs on people?

Sorry, I'm mainly just venting here and wanted some opinions from some more Liberal Christians.

Thanks.

Learn the Bible. Quote it right back at them. Go to Bible study. Know your Faith and they will leave you alone. Live your Faith and they will respect you. Understand their Faith and they will Love you.
Old 20-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker89

Thanks.

That type of thing is what you call a cult. The main focus of the Christians of the early church was spreading a message of hope and love about the salvation offered through Jesus and dodging lions in the process.

Regarding pestering people about conversion:

Mark ch 6 Niv bible

Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village. 7Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evilb spirits.
8These were his instructions: “Take nothing for the journey except a staff—no bread, no bag, no money in your belts. 9Wear sandals but not an extra tunic. 10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town. 11And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them.”
12They went out and preached that people should repent. 13They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.

The focus is the message. The sideline activity was demon possession fixing. it says it a few times in the new testament but there are many much more important topics, that one is fairly minor. If someone is unreceptive they were told to move on. I think this is good advice.

If demons are the focal point something is really out of balance.

Phillipians ch 4 NIV Bible:

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Focusing on evil things is a bit creepy and a little left of center.

Avoid at all costs getting involved with that!

If you are going to stir up a hornets nest you are probably going to get bitten. I mean playing with demons by that.
Old 20-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Master

Pretty much everyone is full of ****, thinks they know everything and people who don't agree are sooo wrong. There's no difference between you and them. The problem isn't them, it's you. To be even more specific, the problem is me. :-) So I try to deal with me, my own ****. instead of trying to hide my **** by pointing the finger at others.
Old 20-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Occultist

It could fall under harassment I would check with local authorites keep a journal write down time date everytime they contact you.keep voice mails pamphlets anything like that and possibly order a restraining order against the church itself.