Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 PM
geri

Question Immortality

I've talked before about living life into life which I believe is possible. So I was wondering how we should apply these scriptures to our lives?
1. Rom.2:7 ....eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor,and IMMORTALITY....
2. II Tim. 1:10 ....but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has ABOLISHED DEATH and brought LIFE and IMMORTALITY to light through the gospel....
3. I Cor. 15: 53-55 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on IMMORTALITY. So when this corruptible has put incoruption, and this mortal has put on IMMORTALITY, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
Now my favorite scripture.
4. John 11: 24-26 Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her," I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE. HE WHO BELIEVES IN ME, THOUGH HE MAY DIE, HE SHALL LIVE. "AND WHOEVER LIVES AND BELIEVES IN ME SHALL NEVER DIE. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?"
Of course they were talking here of the death of Lazarus.
What do these scriptures mean to you?
Old 14-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Knower

geri,

re: "What do these scriptures mean to you?"

That humans do not inherently have immortality.
Old 15-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Dilchannan

Through faith in Jesus Christ, we will live forever...We make a choice, death, or eternity with our Lord and Savior.
Old 15-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Master
Through my experience of disappearing into Oneness or pure Consciousness, or Christ, I experienced the realization that i was much more than a mere body, or carnal self, I realized that I was Immortality, not I but Christ that liveth within me.
Old 15-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
2. II Tim. 1:10 ....but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has ABOLISHED DEATH and brought LIFE and IMMORTALITY to light through the gospel....
Life and immortality have been brought to light through the gospel. So we need to look at what the gospel is.
Quote:
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
(1 Corinthians 15:1-4 ESV)
The gospel is that Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead the third day. The statement that he died for our sins shows that we are all sinners because we have disobeyed what we knew was right. Because of our sins all of us start our physical lives in a state of spritual death and separation from God. Whoever puts his faith in Christ will be forgiven because the death of Christ will have paid for his sins. The resurrection shows that God has accepted Christ's sacrifice and we can now receive eternal life through him.
Old 17-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Knower
Jesus Christ can do great things!
Old 17-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Shabby

Jesus realized that he was not the body....but Spirit....one with the father who is spirit. Spirit can not die, the body dies.

We are the body until we ourselves realize that we too are spirit.
Old 17-02-2012, 04:14 PM
geri

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats
geri,

re: "What do these scriptures mean to you?"

That humans do not inherently have immortality.

These scriptures mean to me that it is possible to live life into life without dying a physical death. I think we accept death to easily. It is said that Jesus paid the price for sin by His death and resurrection. If the debt is paid then why do we still die? The wages of sin is death. What do you think the wages should be if the debt is already paid? No sin no death. I think Jn.11:25,26 says it all. The other scriptures I quoted, I believe, make it very clear also. We are to seek immortality. If it wasn't possible we wouldn't be told to seek it. Jesus brought life and immortality to light. He came that we could have life and that more abundantly. Jesus taught that death was an enemy and how to defeat it. If death is the way to go then why did Jesus raise the dead? I think we need to start believing more in life than death. If death is the will of God, then God is not the God of life. The fact is we choose death over the life that is givien to us. There are many more scriptures to support what I am saying here. Even in th OT moses said, "I put before you this day blessing and cursing, life and death, you choose." As for me I choose to seek immortality. If it isn't true I haven't lost anything in trying. Death is an enemy and I will not choose to let an enemy take me out of here. Remember, as a man thinks in his heart so he is. I just thought I would answer my own question. Hope you don't mind.
Life and love, Geri
P.S. Where does it say we can't have physical immortility?
Old 17-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Mary Baker

Maybe here:
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:50-57
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

50 Brothers and sisters, here is what I'm telling you. Bodies made of flesh and blood can't share in the kingdom of God. And what dies can't share in what never dies.
51 Listen! I am telling you a mystery. We will not all die. But we will all be changed. 52 That will happen in a flash, as quickly as you can wink an eye. It will happen when the last trumpet sounds. The trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised to live forever. And we will be changed.

53 Our natural bodies don't last forever. They must be dressed with what does last forever. What dies must be dressed with what does not die. 54 In fact, that is going to happen. What does not last will be dressed with what lasts forever. What dies will be dressed with what does not die. Then what is written will come true. It says, "Death has been swallowed up. It has lost the battle."—(Isaiah 25:8)

I don't have a definite ansswer but I THINK it may mean Mankind does not have innate immortality but receive it through accepting Christ.

I was told that at the end of my path I would come to the Person I call God and then I experienced entering into The Light.
Old 17-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Master
The trouble with immortality, most think of the mind body organism lasting forever, when in fact its not the mind body at all, its what is behind the body, it is what animates through the body, in fact we are not in the body, the body is within us, that's where you will find immortality.