Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

View Poll Results: What's your creation of existence theory?
God created everything (spiritual/religious) 14 38.89%
The big bang (scientific) 3 8.33%
Time is running in a loop 2 5.56%
This is all a computer program 2 5.56%
Other (explain theory in topic) 9 25.00%
None (No idea how it began) 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-08-2012, 05:03 AM
sahaja

Since we are wandering in this thread making comments about what i think the thread is really about - add another thought or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence:
8-11-2012, 06:47 PM Post #9

... if you're familiar with the scientific understanding of reality, changes are transformations of energy and that energy is never created/destroyed.

(plus about everything else posted by Quintessence in this thread so far applies.)

And consciousness is energy. Or a form of it, definition of it. I've always called it consciousness/energy for the lack of a word for it. Now add awareness, being awake in it. Apparently this isn't a given or a sudden vast 'gift' that comes automatically at some time or another (like death) I don't think death's a cure for dreaming. However, awareness would see through the illusion of life and death.

Quote:

8-11-2012, 07:04 PM Post #10

...But as far as I understand the cosmos it is all energy, so that is also why I say that the only difference between the physical world and the spiritual is the density in energy.

One could say that for a number of reasons. One of them makes me chuckle (referring to someone as dense) The funny part is that there's something to it, though perhaps not in it's popular application.

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 13-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Are you familiar with the concept of the dynamic equilibrium?
Yeah sure, I know it well, I get the mechanic to change it every 10,000 km with the oil. I put mine on the air filter for easier access :p

Lol mate I have no idea about that!
Old 14-08-2012, 02:00 AM
sahaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu:
8-12-2012, 11:33 PM POST #12
in reply to

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Are you familiar with the concept of the dynamic equilibrium?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah sure, I know it well, I get the mechanic to change it every 10,000 km with the oil. I put mine on the air filter for easier access :p

Lol mate I have no idea about that!
Oh really? I just dumped mine into the fish tank!

Lol mate I have no idea about that either!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dynamic equilibrium
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the economic concept, see Dynamic equilibrium (economics)

A dynamic equilibrium exists once a reversible reaction ceases to change its ratio of reactants/products, but substances move between the chemicals at an equal rate, meaning there is no net change. It is a particular example of a system in a steady state. In thermodynamics a closed system is in thermodynamic equilibrium when reactions occur at such rates that the composition of the mixture does not change with time. Reactions do in fact occur, sometimes vigorously, but to such an extent that changes in composition cannot be observed. Equilibrium constants can be expressed in terms of the rate constants for elementary reactions.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Ecthalion

The idea of the universe being created is based on our perception of Time. Time is relative, as Einstein taught us. It is a dimension just as length, breadth and height are. Space is eternal: it curves back on itself so never ends - just like the surface of the Earth. Time, I believe to be the same. It has no beginning nor end; it just "is". The way we perceive Time is linear, but that is an illusion. Think of Time as you would think of distance. If you drive past a building and can no longer see it, does that mean it no longer exists? Of course not, it's just in a different place. Likewise, if events are in your past they still exist but in a different Time.
Therefore the universe was NOT created because Time is eternal. It just "is".
That's what I think anyway, until I learn otherwise.

Peace and love to all.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

It is my understanding that there is no beginning nor end, what has always been, will always be.. 'That which Is' goes through eternal cycles of manifesting itself as Universes and Cosmoses, each a manifestation of its self-awareness seeking the answer to the eternal question, "Who/what am I".. we/us/Life are 'That which Is" answering its own question by experiencing itself through itself as we/us/Life..

Be well..
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Administrator
Hello

I feel there is no beginning and no ending it just is. What is here is here has always been here and will always be here.

We can say there was a "Big Bang" but what was there before that bang something.

Now how did live start well maybe Tzu and I at some point started LIFe as we know it who knows really. Kidding of course.

I so wonder why we need to have a beginning and an ending to to things. Its like saying ye die and that is that, well its not we do transform and come back a times to do it all again and again. Why maybe becasue we can.

What am I this time "me" next time who knows.

Lynn
Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

If we are truly 'present Now', there is no concern about beginnings or endings..

Be well..
Old 21-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Master
"There is no place in this new kind of physics for the field and matter, for the field is the only reality."

Albert Einstein

Some 70 years ago.

Padmi:
Quote:
After some amazing (yet personal) events have occurred the question of how did everything begin really is important to me. The last time I was desperate to know the answer was 10 years ago when I was 8 years old. I was surrounded by Jehovah's wittiness's explaining how god created the earth and then asked the question "What was god doing before he created the earth? Where did god's life begin?".
And the answer I got just annoyed the **** out of me: "God is eternal, He's always been there". Then I said "but that's impossible, everything needs to have a beginning!"

"Time and space are modes in which we think, and not conditions in which we live"

The organic has a beginning. There is a beginning to matter, the material universe, time and space, but, it is the illusion compared to the greater Truth.
Visit, www.nderf.org

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Khaldun

"everything" is "All-ness"
All-ness is completely inclusive

All-ness includes the eternal.
The eternal is the phase of All-ness that includes events which have neither beginning nor endings.

Although All-ness is eternal - the complete inclusion of All-ness means that it also includes that which is non-eternal.
The temporal is the non-eternal phase of All-ness that includes events which have beginnings and endings.

So "everything" did not begin, and will not end, because beginnings/endings are inside (completely included in) All-ness ... not that which contextualize "everything".
Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 AM
new_earth

I chose God created everything in the poll, but I believe the big bang theory IS God creating everything. To me they are the same. The big bang is what happened physically when God gave re-birth to the universe. I love the creation beliefs in Hinduism. God is eternal, and eternally creates, sustains and destroys the universe, and this cycle is never ending and eternal because God and Spirit are eternal. There is not necessarily a beginning or end, but an eternal cycle.

I never understood the big argument between God creating the universe and the big bang. Other than for those who take the Christian creation story literally. But generally speaking, they are the same story to me. And both equally as beautiful.