Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 19-04-2012, 07:40 PM
MaliMarie

The Matrix

Am I the only one whose mind was completely BLOWN by the suggestions in this movie? I watched it for the first time a week ago and I can't help but feel paranoid lol. I'm completely set in my beliefs but seriously..? What if the Matrix was reality? Would you choose to be a free mind? Or would you rather stay in the "dreamworld"? lol Would you take the red pill or the blue pill? I think I would take the red pill... I would want the truth. lol if I were to take the blue pill, I would believe the dream was real anyway and become a conspiracy theorist..
Old 21-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Henri77

Well I re-watched the series recently.... and was astounded that 2 geeky nerds would come up with such a visionary concept.

However I discovered that Keanu had been cast as the Buddha/Siddartha in
"little Buddha" a few years prior, and there was also an Oracle who played a significant role early in the story.

'Fraid i AM a conspiracy advocate, and this element of the film can be seen in varied ways.... I'm not sure what a "free mind" is, since we all live in illusion to one degree or another. (unless one is truly enlightened-beyond illusion)
what pill is a good question....

There ARE some realities I'm not prepared-equipped to deal with.... just now... and this film raises one of them. Neo had a role to fill, but not everyone had his potential-gift.
Old 22-04-2012, 07:48 AM
MaliMarie

lol but Neo wasn't the first to be "freed". Others came before him.. So the question is.. Are we really in a place like the Matrix? When we are fully enlightened is it like we leave the Matrix? That 12 year old Buddhist kid knew about it all, he could bend the spoon because he understood the world he lived in... It's a very good analogy, this movie is lol. It certainly makes you think :)
Old 22-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Free Bird

There is no spoon
Old 22-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Henri77

To me, enlightenment is to be free of all illusion, including the reality we think we live in., and who we think we are. To see things as "god" does.
Angels , and certainly our higher self realizes earth reality is a school, and the classroom (earth reality) isn't but a temporary thing.

It's a fun story, and yes a reflection of the illusion we experience as earth inhabitants....
Yeah I feel we are influenced by other forces, yet we still have the divine within...and that's good enough for me... to know what truth it reveals to me.
We may not understand the future of the universe yet can know what we personally NEED to understand at that moment.

Yes .. I agree ....the kid..(and the oracle) was a cool touch...and one reason the Matrix has such a following ....
mixing sci fi action with spiritual metaphysics was brilliant. Truly inspired. (the writers certainly were)

Last edited by Henri77 : 22-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Pathfinder
Really was an amazing movie! I've always thought what if life was some sort of matrix. It could be to a certain extent, but if i had to choose, i don't know what i would pick.
If you knew the truth then you might not be able to handle it. If you live in a dream world, you might crave to know if there was MORE to life than this.
Honestly it always goes back and forth for me.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:47 PM
MaliMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird
There is no spoon
lol this was my facebook status for almost a week when I saw the movie :)
Old 23-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliMarie
lol this was my facebook status for almost a week when I saw the movie :)

Actually it's all energy-light, and if one can actually KNOW-see this ,anything is possible. (And our laws of physics no longer apply.)
Old 23-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Henri77

I recall a seminar with Jean Houston , a famous consciousness researcher, and she taught spoon bending , for a fun exercise/
She wasn't able to do it, but a good number of the class could. I couldn't ...!

She felt the more education one had, the less likely one could do this... as it requires a suspension of disbelief.
Changing our subconscious beliefs is the tough-challenging part.
Old 23-04-2012, 06:00 AM
MaliMarie

That's what I found interesting... I wonder of someone somewhere watched that movie and happened to be bending a spoon when they saw that part.. I have long believed that many movies portray reality as fiction. It's a good way to make others think... The Matrix could have made some people curious and they may have begun their own path to enlightenment because that movie opened their eyes...

Same goes for a ton of Sci-Fi movies... I mean Paranormal Activity got tons of people into ghosts and demonology (maybe not for the right reasons) but the more they know, the better off they might be right? at least in my opinion...