Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-01-2023, 05:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Next time you think individual an must be getting their bad kamma, remember that Jesus was tortured and see if your same standards for kamma apply.
Better yet, think in terms of self because in terms of I seeing the or asking the same question, the same standard would (be felt) and understood not to apply. We all have the experience of karma and self. If self to see, it would be at a completely different level of understanding because enjoying is actually at a level of negativity thinking in terms of right and wrong to justify it. Of course certain things should not be done and that's what we learn here. Let's answer the question. What would be enjoyed. (Negative felt) Energy. Feeding negativity. Energy justifies itself through itself. Being honest. Notice how the perspective differs about who is spoken about. Shouldn't it be the same. All have experience of both sides. So there is understanding. Nice insight. The self can see two different ways. I think there is a knowing state (spiritual) and physical state and enjoying is physical. Added: In truth we all understand why we do and so understand why others do.
Old 08-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Administrator
This is something that I can relate to. I have been having problems with a Neighbour. I reported her and she has broken two rules in 5 months one more she can get evicted.
To see her being told off by the Housing office was Enough for me.

Namaste
Old 08-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Re Gem
I don’t feel that statement about Jesus is relevant or comparable to what some of us have been saying.
Glad you're here to say things I can't be bothered saying.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2023, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I don’t feel that statement about Jesus is relevant or comparable to what some of us have been saying.
I think most of us were thinking about nasty evil people (Weren’t we)?
If you believe in karma in this light and how people feel, what about taking yourself into a different scenario.
What if the persecutor in this life was persecuted in a previous life by the one they harmed in this life. Do you think it’s wiser to build a deeper understanding about how karma can play out through retribution in this way of what the OP is pointing too. Of course the feeling level is not the action of acting on those feelings, but still in our ignorance to move past such feelings, one can amplify a mental construct that it’s ok to feel this way and bind themselves to this mentality.

The potential from enjoying retribution in my view doesn’t build on a world overcoming karma, it simply contributes to a world that believes in punishment.

Punishment is what Jesus endured.

Even Jesus proclaimed- ‘they know not what they do’

He understood through compassionate awareness that all suffering plays out in all ways of life experiences.

To understand this, one would truly have look at evil from an awareness of ignorance and suffering.

As an evolving species we are all contributing to the whole, like all life. When you understand that your little piece contributes, you’ll understand more directly how deep personal responsibilities run.

Of course I don’t like labelling things as wrong from this state of understanding, so no it’s not wrong to feel what you feel, but it’s probably wiser to realize what you feel is about you, not others.

Why would I feel enjoyment when another suffers who has created more suffering?

Is that the world I personally want to create?

“May all beings be free of suffering”
Old 09-01-2023, 12:28 AM
Master

hi justbe i liked what you said. Thank you.

one of the most eye opening things for me was when I was moved to quit saying the words 'I am a good person' as kind of a mantra, and I started looking at what was actually happening in and around me instead...
Old 09-01-2023, 12:42 AM
Punishment? (I mean from God.) Sorry if anyone believes in that...my 2 cents on that is in my belief system that
is how the ancients saw things.
The Brilliant System of cause and effect that is set up is about learning and growing.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2023, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
hi justbe i liked what you said. Thank you.

quit saying the words 'I am a good person' as kind of a mantra, and I started looking at what was actually happening in and around me instead...

Your welcome.
Yes looking more directly at things as they are without labelling, actually allows you to notice you and see what holds you to certain feelings or ideas about how things should be or why your directing feelings in only the way you decide.
Old 09-01-2023, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Punishment? (I mean from God.) Sorry if anyone believes in that...my 2 cents on that is in my belief system that is how the ancients saw things.
The Brilliant System of cause and effect that is set up is about learning and growing.
Around age ten children begin to learn cause and affect, more directly. If I do this happens. But.. of course we should consider that the basis of those things, is already formed in the first five years, modeled by those caught up in their own cause and affects, formed through an all ready pre conceived model outside of us.

So without cause we learn to feel without reason, based upon a model that is no longer activated by cause and affects outside of us, but rather looking at yourself as all things.

One establishes that feeling for no reason and seeing as things are, becomes less about the external and more about themselves.

So getting back to the opening post, enjoying and finding pleasure in others suffering for their wrong doing may give one temporary state of enjoyment based upon an external reason. How long one decides this is entirely up to the one in that story..

But...on the other hand

If that feeling and reason is sourced inside you, most likely you’ll find an arrangement formed very early on in those formative years of one’s life.

And yes. Sometimes it has a lot to do with punishment in those early years.
Old 09-01-2023, 05:26 AM
Master

JUSTBE I would just like to ask you if you have have ever been robbed, assaulted, raped, betrayed, bashed to a pulp, humiliated or defamed etc

Perhaps you would be more understanding/accepting of other peoples feelings of “satisfaction” when karma has come back to the perpetrator.
Old 09-01-2023, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Better yet, think in terms of self
I'm thinking if we say we enjoy it when people are hurt and justify that by our knowledge that they hurt others, that falls into the category of ill-will, which is the same as 'bad kamma'.

Ethics are hard because they exist between a rock and a hard place. Since a criminal is probably going to keep committing crimes, then what of measures to protect people from harm? It might be best to hang the murderer lest he kill some more. If that intent is driven by malice, revenge etc, that's ill-will = bad kamma. If we see his execution as an unfortunate but necessary evil, then the intent is to protect the vulnerable, which is well-intended = 'good kamma'.

Since kamma and will, and indeed, will and ethics are inseparably bound, Kamma can't be accounted for by the good and bad things that happen to people. A good person can be tortured, so the idea of moral reward or punishment is a bit of a farce. But then again, goodwill generally produces better outcomes compared to ill-will. Regardless, Jesus did end up being tortured because the truth is fraught and doing what's for the best isn't quite the same as doing what avoids discomfort or leads to pleasurable outcomes.