Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-01-2023, 07:38 PM
Master

Cosmic awareness

There are these rare moments in which while awake I experience what I call cosmic awareness and it is so profound and magical that words are too poor to describe this.. Yesterday I went and watched Avatar 2 in cinema, 3D, just too amazing, speechless.. anyway, while going home I made a little prayer, I asked to experience once again the sense of oneness... and it happened, this morning and it was more than I ever experienced before...

So I woke up, physically, but the sense of separation was not there, this happened a few times before, nothing new, and it does not last much for I am waking up too fast. I knew that I am about to see, to really see, can't tell you how joyful I was, and thankful..

Massive sense of love, unity, oneness, togetherness, friendship, peace, joy, imagine for a moment feeling as if the whole world, the whole universe is your family, can you imagine this?

Anyway, this morning I witnessed more, I was looking at the Earth from the outer space, what a magical view... I was looking at the stars, speechless of the greatness of space... and the cosmic brotherhood that we share with all the universe... I could literally sense all the life out there and it was such a joy, such a honor, such a blessing to be part of this cosmic experience...

I was asking myself, why, why are we not seeing this in our daily life? Why is that? Why I forget this incredible view when I am awake? I was trying to figure this out, I knew I have time to ponder on this, but nothing came, for in this expanded sense of consciousness it was impossible to comprehend what it means to be separated from the whole...
Old 05-01-2023, 09:52 PM
Welj, not many have experienced this cosmic awareness...good name...similar
to Cosmic Consciousness or Krishna Consciousness or Christ Consciousness.
An altered state, by grace, that is transcendent! Yes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2023, 11:03 PM
Master

@Miss Hepburn Thank you! Indeed, by grace, a never ending fountain of grace for me even though many times I get caught by the drama of life and completely forget that there's more than this drama. I really tried to find out why we have a veil over our eyes when in our daily lives, this may sound strange, every time I felt that it has to do with something in the brain, with the brain waves.
Old 06-01-2023, 12:15 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

Seeing everyone, everything as being interconnected and interdependent is helpful as an initial personal mind notion.

If pondering upon that notion then begins to prompt an inclination to behave accordingly, then doing so transforms notion to personal reality.

The characteristics of behaving accordingly have much in common with compassion/caring/loving.

Compassion/caring/loving are components of the development/releasing of empathic capability/understanding.

Empathic understanding differs from the understanding of the personally isolated mind because it is understanding from inclusion as part of the whole, not limited to attempts to understand by objective observation and analysis from "outside" of the whole.--an "outside"which does not actually exist but is the product of the personal mind reliance upon using a toolbox of faculties which--for their usefulness in appearing to be essential for the furtherance of survival--have a dependence upon a sense of separation between self and all else. The reliance of the personal mind upon that toolbox is/has become apparently essential, but that does not mean that the separation is immutably or actually "real".

Our species--perhaps others also-- have a sense that such is the case--hence the existence of this forum and other forms of exploration etc. but without a feeling of empathy such exploration seem bound to remain confined to being notional.

Cheers xx
Old 06-01-2023, 12:27 AM
A 'notion', eh? Not actually real, eh?
May you one day be blessed with a direct, personal experience
of 'cosmic awareness', weareunity.
A time when your intellect and logic takes a back seat and your socks are knocked off.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-01-2023, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
... even though many times I get caught by the drama of life and completely forget...
That is the trick of the mind, yes.
Placing the needle of remembrance back into the groove as it skips is a must. A steadfast discipline.

Do you rem the story of Jesus on a boat in a huge storm (that lake was like a SEA - it is huge!) The disciples came to him resting, accusing him of not caring!
He talked to them -Have you forgotten where you just freaking came from and saw?*
And talked about 'the hardened heart'.

We must remember constantly our experiences, lest we forget and our hearts get hardened...and forget about the Divine.

* feeding 5000, (they never counted the women and children, btw, as was the custom), from a few loaves and fish in a basket.

Old 06-01-2023, 12:49 AM
Master
@ ThatMan ~ God bless, thanks for sharing
Old 06-01-2023, 07:51 AM
Master

re Miss H

Miss H. Perhaps the fish and the loaves where a metaphor and not actual fact.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That is the trick of the mind, yes. Do you rem the story of Jesus on a boat in a huge storm....

Yes, it is and I do remember, that's the thing, even though I get caught by drama of life, I always remember of my experiences and my findings.

Do you still at times get caught in the drama of life? You've been meditating for decades if I got this right.

That incredible sense of oneness is readily available to all of us, in any moment, right now, and yet there's a veil over our eyes, a self induced veil...
Old 06-01-2023, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Do you still at times get caught in the drama of life? You've been meditating for decades if I got this right.
Well, put it this way what used to bother me - meaning get me angry or prideful about either doesn't happen anymore OR
lasts less than a minute, rather than bug me for 2-3 weeks.
I never worry or have any fearful thoughts..I'm free of those!

I did have a lesson that 'knocked me out' for a month, tho, and I asked for guidance - when my very wealthy friends
would not give even $20 to a young man whose place burned, leaving him with Zero, nothing...not even socks or phone.

I was so stunned and disillusioned; it took me by surprise....but I knew I had a big lesson in forgiveness to digest, obviously.
So eventually I handled it. BUT - my respect for them went to about zero.

I don't know if that is ok - to have no respect for how a person thinks.
I guess you can respect that they have their own path and things to learn, right?
Like Rip Torn said in Defending Your Life---"Doesn't mean I'd wanna hang out with any of them!"