Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-12-2022, 08:50 PM
Master
Exclamation In the image of God- really just an extension of him self?

If God made people wouldn’t they just be an extension of him self, apart of him inside them including the seed of the idea?
Merely they are God like the egg theorem??

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 30-12-2022, 09:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
If God made people wouldn’t they just be an extension of him self, apart of him inside them including the seed of the idea?
Genesis 1:26-28
King James Version
26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" etc......
Old 30-12-2022, 09:45 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Genesis 1:26-28
King James Version
26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" etc......

That was the original man. After the disobedience the image remained but the likeness disappeared…..image as in a mirror but there is no life in a mirror. Man could not partake of the tree of life and live forever….Gen. 3:22. Spirit is eternal and this means man no longer had spirit and thus became mortal. It was not restored until the coming of Christ.
Old 30-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Molearner

Adam’s offspring were created then in the image and likeness of Adam(not God) therefore also mortal….Gen. 5:3….

Image and likeness are not synonymous….
Old 31-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
That was the original man. After the disobedience the image remained but the likeness disappeared…
We can agree to disagree.
Best wishes for the New Year Mo .....
Old 31-12-2022, 10:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13

I think souls are part of God. I don't think the human body has much to do with God.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.

Bodies are not eternal. They die and decompose and turn into dirt eventually. They are material and not of God in my opinion. Bodies are not like God. The soul sure is though to me.

Luke 1:46
And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord."
Old 31-12-2022, 10:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Adam’s offspring were created then in the image and likeness of Adam(not God) therefore also mortal….Gen. 5:3….

Image and likeness are not synonymous….

If the bible says we are made in God's likeness or image or whatever, I just assume it is talking about our true selves or souls. Our eternal and immortal spirit. I agree with you there about Adam. The body is mortal. Though I think some Christian groups believe the body rises up out of the grave at some point. There again, I just assume it's the spirit body that rises, not the physical body.

Matthew 28: an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.

The bible says the angels appearance was like lightning.... I wonder what that means! Like a light body I think. A body made of light. That's a spirit body not a physical body.
Old 31-12-2022, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
If the bible says we are made in God's likeness or image or whatever, I just assume it is talking about our true selves or souls. Our eternal and immortal spirit.]

Yes I think as you do, our ' True Selves/ Essence'.

[The bible says the angels appearance was like lightning.... I wonder what that means! Like a light body I think. A body made of light. That's a spirit body not a physical body.

I think 'was like lightning' is referring to colour, bright/radiant/shining.
Old 31-12-2022, 05:13 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
We can agree to disagree.
Best wishes for the New Year Mo .....

Yes, I am aware that this is a dilemma for many. For me ‘likeness’ represents a certainty of eternal life….like God. Gen. 3:7…in part…”You must not eat or touch the fruit or you will die…”. Now unless God is a liar something had to die. The part that ‘died’ was the Spirit(and subsequently eternal life). John 7:39 and Romans 11:8 point to affirmation of this. In Christian terms access to the Holy Spirit only came with the glorification of Jesus. Essentially man had lived in darkness prior to the appearance of Christ.
Old 31-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Essentially man had lived in darkness prior to the appearance of Christ.

Oh Mo how can you say that, prior to Christianity there were many other beautiful beliefs/religions who imo did not live in darkness but searched as we do to connect to their 'True Self' .