Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-12-2022, 08:03 PM
Master

In awe of simplicity

Sometimes when I am in right mind and contemplate the path to enlightenment and connection to God I realize that it is a path of simplicity.

Can we say “In God we trust” ? Hebrews 11:6….”And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”

What is the reward ? James 4:6….” God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Grace, of course, is the reward….and…” Every good and perfect gift is from above” (James 1:17)

KISS….’Be still and know that I am God’…..God suggests a very simple thing…to be still….totally within our range of capability..

Listen there are multitudes of ‘simple’ people that live this life. They live this open secret daily without the aid of our extended libraries and commitment to forums such as this. Maybe they are the recipients of bountiful graces that the learned so desperately seek ? Do we simply enjoy overthinking this….is it a product of our egos ? Curious what others think…..
Old 30-12-2022, 11:54 PM
Angel1

Bravo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-12-2022, 12:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Maybe they are the recipients of bountiful graces that the learned so desperately seek ? Do we simply enjoy overthinking this….is it a product of our egos ? Curious what others think…..

well i think part of it is, I might not even understand what the phrase 'bountiful graces' actually means. I might think that the picture men have painted of what it must be like is all there is to it.

But we are told, god thinks the wisdom of men foolish, the same way men think his wisdom foolish. So it seems like the paintings of men might not mean as much as I think they do?

what if, he is always pouring out bountiful grace for me but in my own wisdom I've taught myself to reject what is given and go looking for it as if I could find it elsewhere?

If some are somehow able to get more grace than me, is it possible it is only because they for whatever reason aren't running around rejecting what they are freely given in favor of something more acceptable to those who try to run the world?

BTW I like your comments on silence in other threads. There was just literally nothing I could say
Old 31-12-2022, 01:15 AM
Master

For me discovering I didn't need the "voice in my head" the "me" that talks internally...helps... helps who lol. The voice is the only who. Well the one that stops listening and acting like that internal voice is the me that is the who, as well or more so. It's amazing how close one gets to that voice of memory and habit, repeating the same old desires and dreams, visualizations, goals and all of that. Projecting life into the future when eternity is here now nowhere in any other time. To chose silence and emptiness fills the cup as nothing and no one convinces us something is missing or lacking. There is nothing to learn or see or discover or know or achieve. God is already perfect and one just needs to...

Psalm 46:10
New International Version
10 “Be still, and know that I am God;
Old 31-12-2022, 09:11 AM
Master
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius.

How we percieve life makes all the difference imo.....
Old 31-12-2022, 11:23 AM
Angel1

Talking about simple...2006 I had a 'a moment'..actually my mouth dropped.
Short version,
I decided to do what Jesus said to do ...I started with one thing, first.
Then moved on. I took it on 'religiously'...like homework that had to be done.
Nose to the grind stone, 24/7.

First thing: Do not worry. Be not afraid. (Paul's) Be anxious for nothing.
The general theme being: Trust my Heavenly Father who provides shelter and food as he does the birds...
give Him my burdens. Cast my cares.

(That's all really 1 thing.) :)

After a week, then the second week...at that point my entire life changed.
I mean my first thought before my head left the pillow was to worry.
No more!
I never stopped this practice of complete trust after the second week 'experiment'.

Life really is simple. The instructions are plain.
(I later, moved on to other instructions or clues...)
Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first
Delight in the Lord
Acknowledge Him in all my ways.
Ask, believe and receive.
And so on.

It's almost like 'magic'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-12-2022, 12:32 PM
Master

@Miss Hepburn You are another dear explorer who is not afraid to make such "experiments". I know what you really mean when you say "it's almost like magic" because it really is or it feels like that. It's like the universe conspires for things to work out for you in such a way that almost seems incredible...

I am really happy for you, I have not been able yet to fully let go, I always get caught in the drama of life but I do not give up, from time to time I experience the magic and it is just incredible....
Old 31-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Talking about simple It's almost like 'magic'.

Yes, yes…..thanks so much for sharing….it is allowing God to be in charge….metaphorically He becomes the driver and we are the trusting passengers…..:)