Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-12-2022, 11:28 PM
10 million taras - Dalai Lama wants

A Buddhist friend sent me this...I didn't think it was on the forum yet.

https://www.10milliontaras.com/

Excerpt:
We can “take action”, as His Holiness the Dalai Lama asks of us, by engaging in this collective group count. .

Gyumed Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Jampa recently gave his blessings for a collective group effort
of 10 Million Tara mantra count dedicated to the mitigation of global warming.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-12-2022, 07:42 PM
Master
Thank you.

To compliment your Post MH, some may just enjoy it or mybe use to join in with His Holiness Dalai Lama collective group count.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZuv8QU291U
Old 03-01-2023, 03:18 AM
Experiencer

Hi Miss Hepburn. Thanks very much for posting the announcement for the 10 million Taras request. It got me started on a regular Tara practice while also including the requested dedications and so far so good. I like this video for the mantra it has musical chants.

Most powerful protection against negative energy | Green Tara Mantra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2hNuLUevkk

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

Last edited by winter light : 03-01-2023 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:25 AM
Master

the human population on this earth doubles every 67 years or so. 8 billion now, 16 billion in 67 years...32 billion 67 years after that etc. I think no solution to global warming will actually work except reducing the human population on earth.

I think it would be so easy to reduce the human population to a better level like 1 billion if everyone cooperated.. then the planet could heal. just think if no one had a baby for around 150 years the human population on earth would go to zero from 8 billion in just 150 years! it would not take long at all if everyone got involved with ending global warming by reducing human population
Old 16-01-2023, 06:00 AM
Experiencer

Hi Maisy, you are on the right track about cooperation I think. Cooperation based on thought and intention. My understanding is that there are celestial groups dedicated to virtues and in cooperation to being about the liberation of all sentient beings. There is a great need for us to work together spiritually if we are to change things to improve conditions on the planet.

It is odd that before now I always thought that the Tara mantra and other mantras were for devotion or for self-purification. I did not know about dedications and did not realize we could offer the mantra for the sake of others. I am glad to know this now.

What follows below are my own understandings and perspective. I don't know if or how this relates to classical Buddhist teachings but after couple of days of regular short sessions I got a sense for what is going on. First I noticed the Ministry of Protection and immediately after the Ministry of Forgiveness. And a few days later I noticed the Ministry of Peace. It was just a knowing and I do not know the source.

Some other understandings I received resolved the dilemma of the paradox of whether we should solve things ourselves or what it means to involve celestial assistance. I found that there is not really any conflict.

If we are in too low an energy, we can direct our attention to one that we trust to carry the right intention and the effect is the same because they are in pure service to the virtues. Or alternatively, if we are able, we can devote our own attention directly to the virtues. And in doing so share the path to become a vessel in our own right. Become another Tara in the practice of what I'll call Tara Dharma, for the sake of discussion. I don't know if anyone else recognizes such a thing.

I also tried the mantra spontaneously a few times in response to situations were I was emotionally triggered in relationship situations. Which can be hard because when dealing with other people, even simple disagreements can seem impossible to resolve and I cannot change others directly. But going within can sometimes be more powerful than anything I could say to another to resolve things.

The effect was immediate. It did not completely free me from the issues but did immediately remove the emotional charge. Given how little energy discipline I had available to offer, this is more a testament to the power of the mantra rather than my own efforts. All I did was make a choice and direct my attention to the mantra. And then things resolved that seemed intractable just moments before.
Old 16-01-2023, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light

It is odd that before now I always thought that the Tara mantra and other mantras were for devotion or for self-purification. I did not know about dedications and did not realize we could offer the mantra for the sake of others. I am glad to know this now.

Mantras have many different purposes in Buddhism and like you pointed out can be used like Prayers for others. Imo the giving and recieving Mantras are very beneficial....

My favourite Mantra,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntBfYFFlbV8