Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Master

All sport...

As suggested, for all of us that love sport , Any sport , post here ..
Old 25-12-2022, 02:02 PM
Master

So it's been announced that Liverpool ladies team have signed Gemma Bonner again , after her stint in America.
I love Gemma...
My son's classmate !
Old 25-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Master

Re Lfc

Wow I didn’t know that. Haven’t followed the ladies team much. I know I should do tho.
Old 25-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Wow I didn’t know that. Haven’t followed the ladies team much. I know I should do tho.
Yes , she played for them before ... Also Chelsea, and capped for England....
It's great when you know them personally...
She was amazing.
The only lass that was allowed to play in the lads footy team at school she was that good !!
Old 25-12-2022, 04:07 PM
Master
Not heard of that player,think Leeds ladies fairly low in the leagues.We had a girl playing for an under12s team I used to play for the only famousish players that were part of later teams were Trevor Ross and a Blackburn reserve goal keeper,I am sure though that David Batty or a lookalike played in one of the Sunday leagues we were part of(at one stage we tried to get a mixed team going,some good training sessions but never got of the ground)I never liked the seriousness of the game when it got to a certain level,some of them knocked the fun out of it.
Old 25-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Master

Hi POD , may well of been David Batty.
Of course we knew the Yoraths too , Jordan , the youngest in one of my other sons class .
Lovely family.
I sat next to lad at school that was a child actor and went on to become a TV presenter , but that was not sport related LOL..

You were talking about chess before.
I can't play chess, but was surprised ( don't quite know why) to learn from that gentleman that it's big in India ..
He was saying football not as popular as cricket over there, but I wasn't expecting chess !
Old 25-12-2022, 04:39 PM
Master
I met a chap who was writing a böok on chess,it was him who told me it started in the Vedic times,have not looked into the history of the game though and I expect there will be dispute about it's origin(one take on history via the Vedas is that the whole globe was India,a Vedic culture,which has shrank to what we know todax as that country)
Old 25-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Pathfinder

AngelBlue
We were talking of Kabaddi. Here is some info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

"Kabaddi is a contact team sport. Played between two teams of seven players, the objective of the game is for a single player on offence, referred to as a "raider", to run into the opposing team's half of the court, touch out as many of their players and return to their own half of the court, all without being tackled by the defenders in 30 seconds. Points are scored for each player tagged by the raider, while the opposing team earns a point for stopping the raider. Players are taken out of the game if they are touched or tackled, but are brought back in for each point scored by their team from a tag or a tackle.

There are also accounts of Gautam Buddha having played the game recreationally.

The Pro Kabaddi League quickly became a ratings success on Indian television; the 2014 season was watched by at least 435 million viewers over the course of the season, and the inaugural championship match was seen by 98.6 million viewers.

The first edition of European Kabaddi Championship was held in Scotland in 2019. The final match was between Poland and Holland, Poland won the tournament. Final score was Poland 47–27 Holland. The second edition was held in Cyprus in 2021 which was organized by World Kabaddi Federation. Poland retained their title by beating hosts Cyprus in the final, 29-15. Italy is set to host the third edition in 2022."

I think 32 nations have their Kabaddi teams. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Kabaddi_World_Cup

Indians are progressing well in Boxing too.
Old 25-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Master

I don't see NASCAR. If you don't know it's American stock car rase ing .I don't watch it as much as I used to.
Old 26-12-2022, 07:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I met a chap who was writing a böok on chess,it was him who told me it started in the Vedic times,have not looked into the history of the game though and I expect there will be dispute about it's origin(one take on history via the Vedas is that the whole globe was India,a Vedic culture,which has shrank to what we know todax as that country)
Goodness podders .... As if I don't have enough to think about without all this to keep me awake at night LOL.....
A girls got to sleep don't you know ?? Heehee.

I mean , in a quiz I could name all the bits .....
Kings ,queens, prawns, rooks , castles and them other things !!
But I wouldn't know where to put them or what to do with them....

Nah.... I'm more a .... Oh gosh ... Can't remember the name !
What's it called ... ?
Black and white chequers where you say "king me "
What the heck it called ?!!!