Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-12-2022, 01:06 AM
Experiencer

The resurrection

God promises the dead will be resurrected to life or judgement. Now its not as most think it is. Once one dies they have paid the wages of ( past) sin in full and cannot be judged on those again. Few realize this. At Romans 6:7 teaches--one is aquitted of all past sin at death.
So what did it mean then? That the resurrected will be given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will during Jesus' 1000 year reign( after Armageddon) satan will be abyssed so there wont be any satan influences at that time. But then satan gets loosed for a little while to test the resurrected ones faithfulness. Those who remain faithful get their names written in the scroll of life(Rev 20:12)-- those who do not remain faithful( Rev 20:8) are as many as the sands of the sea, called Gog from Magog--these, fire comes down out of heaven and destroys them. Then satan and his angels, along with death and Hades(grave) are thrown in the lake of fire and destroyed. i know it says to suffer eternally( symbolism) but death and Hades cannot suffer, those will be destroyed, fire destroys eternally. God isnt a sadist, he is a God of justice.
Old 24-12-2022, 01:17 AM
Master
Nice article.

You put it "all" together so it can be digested easily.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2022, 02:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Nice article.
You put it "all" together so it can be digested easily.
TYvm sir, i appreciate you having some true knowledge.
Old 09-01-2023, 02:06 AM
Experiencer

What can one do to avoid such a catastrophe?
Old 09-01-2023, 03:18 AM
Master

One has to wonder how believing this will all happen at sometime in the unspecified future that this is relevant now…..
Old 09-01-2023, 01:19 PM
Master
Isn't the Resurrection a key Christian belief?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
What can one do to avoid such a catastrophe?

Don't believe everything you read Tirisilex nor allow it to disturb your sleep....The Bible can be taken literally or symbolically , the choice is yours.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Isn't the Resurrection a key Christian belief?

I would think which beliefs one feels are the most important or key to practice their religion on a daily basis is personal or unique to each individual. So many different denominations and churches and groups within the Christian umbrella also emphasize different beliefs and views.

Mary looked at the risen Jesus and did not recognize him. That's interesting. Maybe Jesus was in his astral energy body so could appear anyway he wanted. Why else would Mary not recognize him? Other passages say his clothes were on the floor of the tomb. "Strips of linen." Mary or others make no mention of a naked man standing there. She assumed it was the gardener. Makes sense he was appearing normally in robes or clothes, plain robes a gardener may wear.

John 20: 14 (Mary) turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

15 He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?”

Thinking he was the gardener, she said, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him.”
Old 10-01-2023, 12:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
One has to wonder how believing this will all happen at sometime in the unspecified future that this is relevant now…..

there was another thread on the nice feelings you can have when others get what is coming to them... more of that... lol...
Old 10-01-2023, 02:37 AM
Master
To some, the resurrection is a major aspect of the "Paradise Lost: Paradise restored" theme.

I suspect some people are interested in seeing that happen.

Where I live, the local convenience store gets robbed of cigarettes' almost on a daily basis. I can't recollect how many times I have seen one of the clerks having tears come down her face because this behaviour is giving her nightmares on a nightly basis. I suspect she would like to see this problem come to an end.

One thing the resurrection does is provide hope and is something I suspect many look forward to.