Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-12-2022, 04:32 PM
Newbie ;)

emotional control

Having meditated for a while on inducing simple concentration, stillness, present minded awareness, nonverbal orientation... It may be useful to include in one's efforts a meditation on inducing emotional control.

To learn to release pride, anxiety, sorrow, fear, aggression; to learn to increase love and present moment fulfillment. Merely by concentrating.

I believe the key to be focus and belief that such will work.

Acting out character roles is also helpful toward gaining emotional control.
Old 23-12-2022, 05:55 PM
Well, since I've practiced Thought Control for 15 years ...and thoughts are the harbingers of my emotions...I agree with you.
So far so good.
The less ''stinkin' thinkin', the better my emotions are.

Logic helps emotions, too...I mean, to realize the person is the way they are for valid reasons.
They are acting out from pain and old wounds and misguided self preservation, fear or they are plain
stupid, repeating their family's patterns ...so not to take things personally...thus...out the window goes anger, pride, revenge, indignation,
hurt feelings...ya got many unwanted emotions licked already. Voila!
Just my 2 cents.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-12-2022, 01:47 AM
Master
Continuous contemplative consciousness correction

Essentially mindfulness, refining sensibilities, gentling touch

First learning to forgive, release, then recognising that all is as is, acceptance in nonchalance, yet with joyous vibrance

Am saying the same as the OP in different words!
Old 24-12-2022, 04:18 AM
Master

Re post Angelidiots

I was going to reply to your post but Miss H got in before me lol and said just about everything that i was going to say!

So all I can say is REPEAT ha
Old 24-12-2022, 08:57 PM
Master

I do not think this is the way... it's only the tip of the iceberg... the human way of dealing with the mind...

It all starts with this, you are the source of all that you are and when I say "you" I do not mean the human point of consciousness but the whole you, consciousness itself. Boundless, timeless, spaceless, unlimited potential.... This is where I focus all my work, looking deeply and closely into consciousness itself...
Old 25-12-2022, 01:55 AM
Master
@ ThatMan ~ true but it is a becoming, not a visualising by mind. To start with and perhaps later too, basic mindfulness, gentling attention, entering quietude, vivifies silence with magnetism. The shift is gradual from separateness to interconnectedness to oneness, when use of lower mind is dropped altogether.

Oneness too has layers, in as I’ve experienced. Melding, purging, returning, like a yo yo. Imbibing, recognising again and again until assimilation of the knowing.

The beautiful thing about this is that the revelations are offered to each in different hues, yet all getting to the source, in time.

In my case, more than being spaced out ‘out there’, expanded to envelope the universe within our awareness, it’s holding the flame, so to speak, within the human condition, in body, here now that is miraculous.

There’s much more to be said about this of course …
Old 25-12-2022, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelIdiotis
To learn to release pride, anxiety, sorrow, fear, aggression; to learn to increase love and present moment fulfillment. Merely by concentrating. I believe the key to be focus and belief that such will work.
I think it's a good idea, and in Buddhist philosophy there is a theory called 'right effort' which entails dispelling negative states of mind while cultivating positivity, so you are right on the money according to the Buddhist way of seeing it.

We generally start to get a more in depth understanding of how our negative mentalities create unnecessary misery, so of course we'd be better off by not doing that. Having that wisdom then makes us even more aware of the negativities that we generate when they occur, and through this process of improved self-awareness, we start overcoming our negative tendencies and expressing more positive attitudes.

So I'd say you're on the right track, it sounds like a good idea, and good reminder for me.
  • The effort to prevent unwholesome qualities, especially greed, anger, and ignorance from arising.
  • The effort to extinguish unwholesome qualities that already have arisen.
  • The effort to cultivate skillful or wholesome qualities, especially generosity, loving-kindness, and wisdom.
  • The effort to strengthen the wholesome qualities that have already arisen.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:28 PM
Newbie ;)

*The effort to cultivate skillful or wholesome qualities.... generosity, loving-kindness...

I suspect the source of control and creativity, is the emotion love. It may be possible to focus on generating the emotion love as a source of control for one's meditations.

Two stages of enlightenment emotional control concentrations could result in:

Fearlessness,
could conceivably be obtained from focus on emotional control, so that internal love releases fear whenever it arises, especially when concentrating on bringing to consciousness the source of its arising -- until there is no longer a source.

Nonverbal awareness of the present,
could result from long hours of fearless meditation on inducing nonverbal awareness of the present. A perfected state of focus.

"Fear is the mind killer." - Frank Herbert

Fear can block the obtaining of nonverbal present awareness by promoting an identification internally that something is in the way,
a constant distracting noise of What if?...s

There is a third state emotional control could result in that I am a bit skeptical of. By acknowledging you are one with existence, you could identify it is special that you are apart of existence and in that sense you are existence. Since the identification mechanism provides the nervous system's reaction, this identification would result in an upswing in spiritual energy... and perhaps a swollen head.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelIdiotis
I suspect the source of control and creativity, is the emotion love. It may be possible to focus on generating the emotion love as a source of control for one's meditations.

lol... my own reading of 'love' from the bible is that it is a giving up of control, not getting more... so i don't see how this could work... lol...
Old 02-01-2023, 12:47 AM
Newbie ;)

I suppose you mean a giving up of control to God.

I'm not going to argue with this idea, that love results from giving control over to God. It isn't my business what religion you are.

However, surely it isn't contradicting Biblical truth to say that psychological self-control is a good thing, that thinking for one's self supplements the control God takes, when you surrender to Him, over one's life.

I guess it is possible to exist in a trance, possessed entirely in all actions by the Biblical God.