Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-12-2022, 07:18 AM
Master
In the beginning was the Word,

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. According to Scripture He was in the beginning with God and 'All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made '
I personally believe 'The Word' is referring to Jesus, does anyone have other interpretations please......
Old 22-12-2022, 01:46 PM
Master
And everybody knows, the bird IS the word. And so, in the beginning was a great chicken. And now we know that, the chicken did indeed come first and not the egg.
Old 22-12-2022, 04:18 PM
Master

I like the referenced verse but prefer to mentally substitute ‘is’ for ‘was’. Don’t like the idea of relegating this to the distant past.
Old 22-12-2022, 05:04 PM
For those new to Christianity or the Bible these verses can be found in the New Testament John 1:1-3

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-12-2022, 07:14 PM
Master
If the word was God~ it shines a lot on how God viewed him self… not saying he has an ego.. but for God to be the first word.. it speaks volumes about the type of person God is..

Jesus was Gods son I doubt he came before God as the word was God…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 22-12-2022, 07:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I personally believe 'The Word' is referring to Jesus, does anyone have other interpretations please......
Sky,

Worth mentioning……even though it might seem obvious. Most of us understand ‘gospel’ as meaning the ‘good news’…..Jesus is the Gospel……
Old 22-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I like the referenced verse but prefer to mentally substitute ‘is’ for ‘was’. Don’t like the idea of relegating this to the distant past.
But it is the ' distant past '. John begins His gospel by taking us back to the very beginning of time and the creation of the Universe
I love His Gospel of Nonduality (imo).
Old 22-12-2022, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13

Jesus was Gods son I doubt he came before God as the word was God…

' and the Word was With God ' not before God.....
Old 22-12-2022, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

My read on it is the word is just another way to refer to the teachings on God, the way the truth and the light right. All ways to refer to the "truth" that can be found, experienced, and lived. It's all right there with God.... the whole enchilada. It's God and with God and God. The light, truth, the teachings. That's how I read it. Line 6 in that same chapter is about John not Jesus. About how John is bringing the light the teaching the truth.

John 1 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,1 6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.

I think the passage is about John being a teacher of the light or God not Jesus.
Old 23-12-2022, 12:31 AM
Experiencer

'The Word' is referring to Jesus, does anyone have other interpretations please......[/quote]

Yes the Greek lexicons prove 100% a god is correct in the last line at John 1:1. It did not call him God. A god = has godlike qualities.

Their are 2 occurrences of the true God and another being called god in the NT, translating is the same at both spots
In the 2nd line at John 1:1 the true God called Ho Theos ( God)while the word is called plain Theos( god)--2Cor 4:4-Satan called plain Theos=god, and the true God called Ho Theos (God)
The true God is called plain Theos sometimes when no other Theos is mentioned--Theos is the only word in Greek for either God or god--Thus HoTheos given to the true God when another is called Theos in the same paragraph. to clearly show a difference. This is 100% fact-Every trinity scholar on earth knows its fact. If they said truth, then it would do away with 40,000 religions claiming to be christian by exposing them as false religions. Billions would be lost yearly and most assuredly 2 billion humans suing them for taking their $$$ all along. Facts do not lie.