Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 19-12-2022, 08:13 PM
Pathfinder

What's the strangest thing a medium ever told you?

I have more questions than before about mediums and sessions. Would anyone here like to share your stories? Something did not make sense to you when told? Then that changed? That who came forward was a surprise to you? Do they always come with a message to help you? Or do they want you to help someone and so on? What ever you want to add?
Old 20-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Knower
I had a medium inform me that my deceased father is trying to contact me. I was told, "He says he is sorry". This came out of the blue. It wasn't part of a dialog we were having, the medium just suddenly, near the end of the reading, blurted it out. Six months later, I was seeing a different medium, on the recommendation of a friend, and that medium stated the same thing at the end of the reading. This went on for four years and five different mediums.

When I see a medium, often they will talk about my past lives. They always talk about the same past lives each time. This has been happening now for over 30 years. The same past lives come to light each time.

I have a number of relatives who are mediums and they always say to me: When visiting a medium never give them information. Just listen to what they tell you. If they are good or are real mediums, they should be giving you information. Never feed them information before or during a session. If they ask, "Why are you here today coming for a reading?", just state, "I haven't had a reading in a while and I am just curious". That is what I do and yet, I keep hearing the same things, which confirms my own knowledge and gives me confidence about the other things they say.

Most mediums will predict your future with some sort of premonition. In most cases, they will come to pass but not always. I went to three different mediums over a 2 year period and all gave me the same 6 predictions, which is really strange. The 6th prediction, that I will be moving, despite all three giving the same date, never came true, but the other 5 were very accurate.

PastPilot
Old 21-12-2022, 07:28 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
Most mediums will predict your future with some sort of premonition.
I acknowledge this may be the case in North America but in the UK it is probably much less likely.

In the case of mediumship carried out in SNU churches and centers (snu.org.uk) predicting the future is (in effect) banned, the reason being that predicting an individual's future is psychic reading of the person and not based on information coming from the world of the spirit.

Providing details about previous lives would likely be considered similar.
Old 21-12-2022, 12:18 PM
Administrator
I would agree with Boyce. I am a medium and our job is to give Validation from spirit, sometimes we can have glimpses into what is to happen. but we dont give predictions.

Namaste
Old 21-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Guide

I agree with boyce and Native Spirit. That is what I was taught, as well. No predictions. That's not to say that a medium doesn't pick up information about the possible future but giving that information to the sitter may actually change how they react to coming events, essentially changing the future. I don't recall any proscription against past life reading. Probably on the theory that doing so doesn't carry the risk of actually changing the past.
Old 21-12-2022, 08:16 PM
Experiencer

The SNU defines certain, required standards from the mediums working in its national network of churches. There should be no strange things from any of its mediums.

The Union declares: "The main aim of mediumship is to provide evidence of survival of the human personality beyond physical death." It goes on to say: "The main purpose of mediumship is to provide evidence that can be proof of survival to the recipient, not to predict the future, not to give advice and not to counsel. Mediumship is a means of enabling people in the spirit world, to communicate with us, thus enabling us to gain an understanding that the spirit of every person survives physical death."

It further states: "A medium’s primary purpose is to identify the spirit person who is communicating with them. It is expected that the communicator will provide a combination of personal information about themselves so that the recipient can identify them." (Another important function of mediumship is in spiritual healing.)

For me the Union's simple principles underpin my own understanding but mediums who are not associated with the SNU are entitled to include "telling the future"or to refer to sitters' previous lives in their own mediumship if they wish. It should be remembered that psychics may be mistaken for mediums.

It's plain, though, that in some parts of the world mediumship is seen very differently from the way many in the United Kingdom see it.
Old 21-12-2022, 08:32 PM
Knower
But despite this, the predictions I am given are usually accurate. There have been many times when my guides have spoken directly with me and have given or shown me information and predictions and that also goes for my relatives as well, who are mediums. If the information is given to you, it is given for a reason. Your higher-ups decided you need this information.

When I have asked the mediums I consult, and my medium relatives, where do you get their information from, they usually say either it is from their spirit guides or it just comes to them, which they assume is from their spirit guides or, just from the spiritual realm. When I am given the same prediction from two or three different mediums I come to the conclusion that there is no reason not to give predictions if it comes via your spirit guides. Either way, when I am given information directly from my guides, this would is definitely from the spiritual realm.

Sometimes I am just given information from somewhere for no particular reason. When predictions are given to me directly from the universe, they are never wrong. Some were predictions of an event that was to happen later that day while other times the prediction is from far into the future, as much as 30 years, and yet they still came true. Often the latter is in the form of visions and dreams but these are predictions. I see these as examples of your guides showing that they are watching over you, keeping you on track, or they are examples of how with we have prechosen our life path before we were born and my guides are making sure we stay on track -- many people are depending on my interactions in their future lives; I have prelife contracts to fulfill.

PastPilot
Old 22-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Experiencer

".... -- many people are depending on my interactions in their future lives; I have prelife contracts to fulfill."

My understanding is that we all make plans for our incarnations, those plans often involving others who from our soul group/cell. They're not contractual obligations so much as shared desires to assist all of us along journeys of spiritual discovery and enlightenment.
Old 22-12-2022, 10:58 AM
Experiencer

In response to the topic title, my most bizarre experience with a medium happened in the SAGB, the Spiritualist Association of Great Britain, London UK.

Very early in my spiritual journey I booked a sitting with one of their 'house' mediums, confidently expecting the highest standard of mediumship. What I got was a sitting full of garbage without any contact by an identifiable spirit.

I'm not even sure it was mediumship as opposed to psychic reading but in those early days I didn't even understand there is a difference. In the times that followed, however, I did find out so perhaps that particular experience was to teach me so that later I might offer the same help to others. I do hope that was the intention.
Old 22-12-2022, 11:23 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by energy4ever
I have more questions than before about mediums and sessions. Would anyone here like to share your stories?
You haven't yet returned but when you do you should see that mediumship can mean very different things to individuals.

It's not uncommon for information to be hard to figure at the time it's given only to find that later things fall into place. That's happened to me.

Communicators aren't always the ones we expect or hope for. Again it's happened to me.

A message might be for someone else but initially it's often for the recipient.

I have explained in this thread what mediumship is for me. Does any of that resonate for you?