Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 12-02-2022, 08:20 AM
Knower

What's the Meaning of Fire in Dreams?

What's the meaning of fire in dreams? I'm asking now in the general sense, then will give my specific cases.

My case #1: a repeating dream at rare occasions, but over many years, that a certain part of my pickup, I think it was the distributor cap each time, was a burning coal, like in a dying campfire.

My case #2: a low, only two or three inches high fire, blue like a gas stove burner, but with a few tips of orange or yellow, not threatening in the moment, but unsure what would happen. Later, the flames gradually got higher, to six inches or so, was then becoming somewhat threatening. Woke up. This is a different version of a recurring dream, of a small fire starting, and not immediately growing at first, but then gradually does, and with a major thing of mine nearby that would be burned. The dreams end before the fire gets very big.

JoeColo
Old 13-02-2022, 03:53 AM
Yaoughta

It could mean that you have a temper that stays simmering ready to reignite at any moment or that you have a simmering passion for something that cannot be extinguished. You as the dreamer would know which. Typically, fire tends to represent consuming energy. It consumes and destroys, but also gives life and renews like the rising phoenix. Fire is also needed for survival. It provides warmth, heat and the ability to cook food.

A truck tends to be a utility type of vehicle, capable of more than just transportation. A distributor distributes, that's what it does. In this case, it could indicate as mentioned above in that you're ready to ignite at any moment, but it could also simply be that you're exhausted all the time because you're always distributing your energy elsewhere. As the dreamer, you would know which fits.
Old 15-02-2022, 04:16 PM
Knower

I'll think more about what you posted, but...

Strangely, your post seems to have been a catalyst giving me meaning entirely unrelated to what you posted, but meaning that was not present before. I think fire has a different meaning for people like me living in dry country like Colorado. It's so much more destructive here. However, it's as if most of my dreams about fire were designed to be non-threatening.

I realize now that I think these are likely to be warning dreams, of something fairly easily dealt with now, but would become much more major later, as indicated by the slow growth in size of the fire. These are probably not literal dreams, as unwanted fire in real life is larger, more threatening, and faster growing. The fire in each dream might be symbolic of something seemingly unrelated to fire.

I think I've had dreams about the beneficial effects of fire. Also, fire unrelated to me directly, as in not happening near me or my belongings, affecting other people, and not in a threatening way. Maybe even others cooking food over the fire. I only recall one dream in my life about major threatening or damaging effects of fire, which I may go into later. I think flooding may indicate loss in my life, rather than fire.

JoeColo

Last edited by JoeColo : 16-02-2022 at 05:40 AM.
Old 15-02-2022, 04:38 PM
Knower

I forgot to mention, the very low fire covered most of the floor of a fairly large room. I'd interpret this to indicate a larger scope of effects than in my other dreams about fire, and the even slower than usual growth of it to indicate its progression over a longer time, more like several years. I've had a number of dreams about the more long-term progression of events in my life. This one in particular is clearly not about the immediacy of what's going on right now.

JoeColo
Old 16-02-2022, 01:53 AM
Yaoughta

Keep in mind, that fire can represent many things. In the old ways, fire meant "life" as it kept people alive and provided warmth, comfort and survivability. It was also a symbol of rebirth and resurrection. However, even in modern times, fire is a symbol of rebirth and resurrection, but also now passion and anger. Since the fire was low to the ground, sort of non-threatening, but simmering, it could even indicate your passion for an idea or another person.

Dreams are triggered when the conscious mind reacts to ANYTHING. Most people are obviously aware of those things that they reacted to strongly during their waking day, but not always subtly. This is an important distinction that could help you interpret many of your dreams. For example, while watching the Super Bowl the other day, I found it interesting that one of the players introduced himself by saying his name and then saying he attended "The" Ohio State University. I recall myself thinking is the "The" really necessary? Later that night, I had a dream where I was working at a movie theatre and I had added a "The" to a movie title by accident. Coincidence? I think not....While it may have been just a quick subtle thought, it triggered a dream representation.
Old 18-02-2022, 05:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Fire is God.
Old 19-02-2022, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unvarying
Fire is God.
Good one...still, would that be it for Joe?
Joe, how does passion sound?
In a vehicle - that takes you somewhere...then something keeps you from doing that which you want?
Is there something you are not doing you really know you could or should?
How are your legs (knees ankle feet, even hip?)...Also, keeping you from moving fwd?
Somewhere is there fear?

Also, on the floor, eh? ---keeping you from leaving, going out the door to what you want deep down?
What is your block? (Oh sorry, being presumptuous.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2022, 01:32 AM
Yaoughta

To say that GOD is fire limits GOD, but I understand your reference. Yes, GOD can represent fire, but not usually in dreams. Holy Spirit does that more in dreams, but then this would open a completely different discussion on GOD.
Old 19-02-2022, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
To say that GOD is fire limits GOD.... Yes, GOD can represent fire, but not usually in dreams.
Holy Spirit does that more in dreams, but then this would open a completely different discussion on GOD.
Yes, I see where Christians would have this in their subconscious mind, re the HS.
Me? I bet I would dream of a breeze sweeping gently against my cheek.
Or maybe I would dream of a soft pillow repping the Holy Spirit.

Each person has diff things stored away deep inside...a diff discussion of God and the concepts held so
tight to our bosom. Fun stuff. Ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2022, 10:17 PM
Knower

Distributor cap.

This distributor cap is a electrical insulating cup with center electrical connection and several electrical connector arranged around that. A device inside that cap is a turning connection bridging shock of electrical power from center to one of these at a time; From there each connects to each spark plug via electrical cable with a gap that spark jumps across that ignites gasoline and air mixture in engine's each cylinder and expands driving down a piston that turns the crank driving along the vehicle.

Distributor cap is a old tech that had not been in use since mid 1990's. You see them often in vintage vehicles too.

Like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/RP6gMCz9mttYwiAb8

Cheers,