Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-05-2022, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Everything that is (in what we call the universe) in nature is what we call god.
Nature has no interest in good or bad - or high or low - or truth or lies - its only true wish is to experience itself as a whole - as the All.
recently I read something very similar to what you wrote. It really helped me into understanding "God". I read, God is a spirit that was never human. God only knows and recognizes love and nothing else. God, and the universe could really be the same idea depending on who you talk to and what there beliefs are. It's all really the same idea. A lot of people don't think of God as spirit only and not being human at all.
I just revisited a thought I had for a long time but it just made more sense than ever.
Ok you have Mary, the mother of Jesus aka the Virgin Mary. Back in the day the bible was written"Virgin" had a different meaning then it does now. Virgin ment, "one with no master" quite possibly an unwed mother. Since in Christianity of the day being an unwed mother was taboo. Christans literally painted God into human form. I think that makes Jesuses story all the better. Jesus being a human born in a world with everything against him and he was still able to do all the great things he did.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:54 PM
ImthatIm

I think we can only judge the Source of Creation from an Eternal perspective.
In my little time in Life I often have played God judging this or that.
What an arrogant species we can be.
The best I can do is find Acceptance of how things are and move forward in
an attempt to have more Serenity and Peace and LOVE through my choices.
Loosing more of my judgements does provide for a more Harmonious Life no matter the circumstances.
I must say this Life does seem like a maze with Unconditional LOVE as it's prize.

P.S. Forgiveness both giving and receiving I heard is a KEY to Happiness.

Last edited by ImthatIm : 02-05-2022 at 06:40 PM.
Old 15-06-2022, 02:40 AM
Pathfinder

Old Testament God was far from perfect. By present day morality you could describe him as homicidal maniac. Same as all other ancient deities.

"Perfect" and high moral altruist emphatic God comes only with New Testament and even that from a later interpretation of life of Jesus.

Niche saw this New Testament Christian God as source of most problems in modern civilization because he does not align with how people are and creates neuroses and weak individuals and nations.

So, maybe nothing is wrong with God except New Testament interpretation that is just false.
Old 19-06-2022, 06:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71
So, maybe nothing is wrong with God except New Testament interpretation that is just false.
If it's his word he didn't do a very good job either in writing it or getting it translated.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 19-06-2022, 07:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71
Old Testament Godb... by present day morality you could describe him as homicidal maniac (same as all other ancient deities).
"Perfect" and high moral altruist emphatic God comes only with New Testament and even that from a later interpretation of life of Jesus.
Interesting take! Maybe both documents are distortions, caused by the beliefs of their respective receivers of the visions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-06-2022, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

P.S. Forgiveness both giving and receiving I heard is a KEY to Happiness.
We should avoid anger and hate because they'll cause us to experience an angry and hateful reality. So it isn't really about forgiveness being good. for you.

Forgiveness implies judgement of someone who you perceive as having wronged you. So, by thinking in terms of forgiving you invite into your reality more and more situations that will cause you to need to forgive others ... That isn't something you want.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-06-2022, 07:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I observe that God is not perfect. Me included, since God is not actually separate. God is not separate from anybody, so how come it is our fault and not His/Hers as well?
:) There is no god, it's all your fault ... There is nobody to blame, not even yourself, because you erred from ignorance (not a pejorative here), which gradually you overcome. There is no karma either ... just suffering caused by your current level of ignorance (not by your past behavior).
Old 19-06-2022, 07:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
People who talk about God usually never mention that there might be something wrong with Him/Her. God is always assumed to be perfect. I am starting to feel more strongly that God just isn't perfect. That is the real reason why there is so much wrong in the world. It all comes from God.

I guess you don't believe there is a god as you describe, as if you believed you wouldn't dare to offend or challenge him (?)
Old 19-06-2022, 02:34 PM
Master

The identity and true nature of God is not to be found in any book. Just as we are unique the God revealed to us will necessarily be unique. How big is God ? Big enough to be personal to us………
Old 30-06-2022, 06:29 AM
Newbie ;)

*Deleted*
For me, some of my more-recent thoughts and questions have run along the lines of, if there is indeed some type of ‘Cosmic Host’ that is meant to act as God’s representatives to Protect, Guide, Help and Assist people on Earth, then perhaps these ones have become somehow corrupted or been manipulated and misled into acting against/outside of God. (In Sufism, this ‘host’ is called ‘the Men of the Unseen’; in Christianity, ‘guardian angels’; in a so-called New Age movement, ‘ascended masters’, etc.)

Personally, I don’t hold that anything can ‘go wrong’ with God, but for sure there are all kinds of spiritual misinterpretations, inaccurate understandings, false and distorted teachings, etc., and which are causing people on Earth (and ‘Cosmic Beings’, too?) to go all kinds of wrong, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

Sending God’s Light, Love, Protection, Blessings and Abundance to all. Ronni