Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-12-2020, 10:59 PM
Knower

I Found Incredible Constancy of Self

Many years ago, I began imagining that I would live for billions of years, after I've died in my Earth life, using a crystal symbiont for the part of my brain corresponding to the pineal gland, the seat of the soul, because a biological brain cannot last remotely that long, and a crystal can be reused, allowing one self to have many bodies over time.

I've always loved ABBA songs, don't know how ABBA ever became associated with gay men, when the appreciation of beautiful female voices should be very much a heterosexual thing, as it is for me. Anyway, I noticed a few months ago that I felt exactly the same when listening to their music as I did when it came out 40+ years ago.

Then, I listened to SOS, a much-played song for decades, and it felt to me every bit as fresh as when I first heard it! Then, I realized this is actually an incredibly constant area of myself.

Has anyone here read about anything like this, heard about someone experiencing it, or experienced it yourself? It's strange, a not particularly spiritual guy like me having experiences that it might take others many lifetimes to achieve. Plus, I wonder if I've made contact with my multi-billion-year-old future self.

JoeColo
Old 15-12-2020, 11:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

I'm not the same person I was last year, 10 years ago, when I was 18, a child, an infant. I feel exactly the same as last year, 10 years ago, when I was 18, a child, an infant.

Contradictory? I think not. This is my perspective so take it with a grain of salt...

The first is the feeling of self and the second the feeling of Self. Body-mind vs Consciousness. One is born and eventually dies and the other is unborn and undying. One is in constant flux and the other ever unchanging. One is finite and the other is infinite. One is the surface level and the other is the deepest core of being. One is the ordinary and the other is the extraordinary masquerading as the ordinary. One is not your true nature and the other is.
Old 16-12-2020, 06:05 AM
Knower

I've found a tiny area, an island, of extreme constancy amidst the relatively much larger area of me that I'm aware of, my Earth-only self. If I lived somewhere else after I've died in my Earth life, even for 100 billion years, would still be exactly the same. I'm still talking about self, not Self; however, this phenomenon is surely facilitated by Self in an indirect way.

I realized just after I posted the first time that this tiny area of me now has a feeling-tone that is in perfect resonance with the feeling-tone of my future multi-billion-year-old self, which was brought into existence when I decided to live again somewhere else as my same Earth self of Joe.

This island of extreme constancy is very cool to me! And, highly validating of my plans to live in my Other Dimension after I'm done on Earth, which I'm in no hurry to finish. So far, it appears to apply only when I'm listening to ABBA songs. The love of the beauty of these female voices appears to be the unifying bridge, allowing this phenomenon to occur.

JoeColo
Old 07-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Knower

Looks like I'm the only one to ever have this type of experience, unless JustASimpleGuy has it with music. I think he said he has it with Self in general, not with particular songs only, and not with his Earthly self, so it does not sound similar to mine.

Furthermore, when playing ABBA "SOS" and "One Man, One Woman," I hear them playing at different speeds! And, not high on mj or anything. They sometimes play very slow, slow, normal, or fast! I usually cannot predict at what speed they are going to play. When playing slower, I can "zoom in" mentally, pick up more nuances of the songs. (I still feel the same strong constancy of self, no matter what speed.) Has anyone else had experiences similar to this?

JoeColo

Last edited by JoeColo : 08-09-2021 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Here Joe, ABBA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_fuu9jIOc
and SOS, 1975, official video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvChjHcABPA

They've been in the recent news -As you may have heard they will be releasing a new album after 40 years!
I feel out of touch, I didn't know they were a Swedish group. Lol.
I read up on their personal histories up to now.
I know that isn't the point of the thread tho. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-09-2021, 11:55 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColo
Looks like I'm the only one to ever have this type of experience, unless JustASimpleGuy has it with music.

It's not music or chanting or meditating or whatever. It's That which is aware of music or chanting or meditating or whatever. That is the limitless, unchanging, ever-present Constancy (Awareness/Consciousness).
Old 08-09-2021, 04:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Here Joe, ABBA - <link> and SOS, 1975, official video
<link>

They've been in the recent news -As you may have heard they will be releasing a new album after 40 years!
I feel out of touch, I didn't know they were a Swedish group. Lol.
I read up on their personal histories up to now.
I know that isn't the point of the thread tho. :)
Yes, I've seen this in the news, about their new album, and yes, I've watched where your links go. JoeColo
Old 08-09-2021, 04:34 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's not music or chanting or meditating or whatever. It's That which is aware of music or chanting or meditating or whatever. That is the limitless, unchanging, ever-present Constancy (Awareness/Consciousness).
Do you think my Higher Self would activate only when I'm listening to those two songs, and only in very narrow ways? In ways I'd describe as being almost entirely mental, and little if any spiritual?

I don't feel any trace of that type of constancy at any other time than listening to those two ABBA songs, and even then not in any other way than the extraordinary constancy of how I feel in my enjoyment of them. It seems highly unlikely to me that my Higher Self would come through in such a narrow way, yet not come through with any illuminated info about Self whatsoever.

Overall, I'm not a very spiritual person, but I'm dipping my toes in the water, so to speak. Some experiences I've had are vastly beyond my understanding of spiritual concepts, which is why I'm here on Spiritual Forums. I'm a highly logical, head-centered person, who's had some amazing experiences having visions. As in, many of what would be considered to be a Vision of a Lifetime! Spiritually, I'm like a child able to do highly advanced calculus! (not exactly at-will)

JoeColo

Last edited by JoeColo : 08-09-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:05 PM
Administrator
I think listening to some kinds of music does us all good.

It takes us on journeys,that we never have dreamed of

Namaste
Old 12-09-2021, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColo
Anyway, I noticed a few months ago that I felt exactly the same when listening to their music as I did when it came out 40+ years ago.
The simplest way to describe is that you can create 'emotional snapshots' - you used the word 'felt' - of certain moments of your life. Your first kiss, losing your virginity, severe trauma - memories of all of these moments can cause exactly the same feelings as you had when you first experienced them because your unconscious creates the same response to the memory as it does to the actual event. Even though you might have had your first kiss at a very early age the memory can seem as being very real and it can be 'processed' by your unconscious as real.

What you have there is an emotional 'snapshot' where time seems to stand still, and one of the most common causes is severe trauma - which is what can happen with war veterans or anyone else who has suffered a severe enough trauma. However, if the emotions are strong enough they can cause what you're experiencing as well. I'm guessing that at the time your emotions were pretty high and Abba's music stirred up all kinds of feelings 40+ years ago?

Hate to say this but it's not a Spiritual experience. What it can be Spiritually is an insight as to how our realities are created - including yours it seems.