Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 26-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Welcome to Spiritual Forums.

My friend, what is "pointless" (and hilarious) is outright telling people in a forum category about Affirmations to not use them, when it is certain that almost 100% of the people who generally post in this category have a great interest in them, and also that your message is self-contradictory,
look i understand where you are coming from although that is what you are meant to believe... doesn't mean it is absolute truth... your statement that 100% of affirmations work is simply false and misleading... i know that for a fact... no need to brainwash people with a lie... if people want to use affirmations to try and improve their life then so be it... doesn't mean they will have a 100% success rate if they have any success at all... how many times must one repeat a lie to make it truth? let's just call it an affirmation shall we
Old 26-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Disconnected,

The real power of an affirmation is to give a person a feeling of well-being in the moment, and when used in this manner, this propels people to act and create in loving and highly beneficial ways.

Forget for a moment about "Law of Attraction" and imagine, if you will, the very practical basis for using an affirmation to empower oneself to do good in the world.

There is nothing wasteful about that.

well that's all relative...

the ideology is warm and fuzzy i'll give you that much
Old 26-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Posted by Awareness
Your assumption that they "don't work" is giving you a perception, a world-view, that shows you "proof" that they "don't work."

Or to reference the bible, great work imo, "Be unto you according to thoust faith".

Probably that is not exactly as written, but the scripture essentially reads- Be it unto you according to your faith

Seems to speak volumes here.

Disconnected states an affirmation- Affirmations don't work- often with unpolluted faith and intent and God/ the universe listens and states- According to your faith: Affirmations don't work.

This is true- only because with will, faith, and intent it has been Affirmed as such.

I simply let others affirm what they will.

It is the ops willful affirmation after all.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Suspended
disconnected, just cause you don't believe in affirmations doesn't mean that they won't be of help to other's. They probably don't work for you cause of the factor of you dismissing the power that lies in them.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
look i understand where you are coming from although that is what you are meant to believe... doesn't mean it is absolute truth... your statement that 100% of affirmations work is simply false and misleading... i know that for a fact... no need to brainwash people with a lie... if people want to use affirmations to try and improve their life then so be it... doesn't mean they will have a 100% success rate if they have any success at all... how many times must one repeat a lie to make it truth? let's just call it an affirmation shall we

I didn't state that affirmations have a 100% success rate, in the sense that the person will receive what they think they want. When I stated 100%, I was obviously referring and defining "affirmations" in a different manner than you, and I gave clear examples of my understanding of what affirming really is.

Your idea of "success rate" is based upon what you see and hear with your eyes in a very materialistic sense, instead of a deep intuitive understanding. I stated that affirmations work by giving people a FEELING. That part you glossed over and didn't really catch.

Affirming is really about creating an internal FEELING. Affirmations always work because they work in conjunction with a person's beliefs. I never said, for example, that a person who affirms, "I have a million dollars" will get their million dollars through affirming it in that manner. The person who affirms such a thing WILL receive 100% exactly what they inwardly FEEL they deserve, based upon their predominant beliefs and self-perception of themselves.

THIS is how affirmations work, my friend. NOT how you highly erroneously assume they would, if true (which is how many, many people tend to assume). Your definition/understanding/perception of "affirmations" is very narrow.

This is largely why you feel so disillusioned and angry about them, on a quest to tell the world, so to speak, how they "don't work." I suggest expanding your definition/understanding of what affirmations essentially are.

Well, you spoke of success, let's see how successful you are in convincing people here that they "don't work," when MOST of the people who post in this forum category would tell you that they have indeed had some success with using affirmations (and this is not mere conjecture).

If you actually read many of the posts in this category, this alone will show you how little your negative input about affirmations would convince anyone of your "truth" about them in this community.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
If I decide I wish to feel warm and fuzzy, I can pretty much conjure up that reality. It might take snuggling in a blanket, but it can be done. In a sense, that's all awareness is saying with the comment: "The real power of an affirmation is to give a person a feeling of well-being in the moment."

The part of that comment you seem to be struggling with has more to do with this I think: "It propels people to act and create in loving and highly beneficial ways."

If you're unwilling to concede that life is meant to be a conscious exploration of loving action, for the benefit to all, then of course you will oppose any thoughts or beliefs along those lines. So this whole thread and dialogue isn't about affirmations and whether they're true. What it is, is revealing, via your own words, your intent and the actions you take, and whether they're loving and of benefit. Are they? Do you think they are?
Old 26-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Or to reference the bible, great work imo, "Be unto you according to thoust faith".

Probably that is not exactly as written, but the scripture essentially reads- Be it unto you according to your faith

Disconnected states an affirmation- Affirmations don't work- often with unpolluted faith and intent and God/ the universe listens and states- According to your faith: Affirmations don't work.

This is true- only because with will, faith, and intent it has been Affirmed as such.

I didn't read a word of what you said. . .I'm looking at the sexy new picture you put up!

But really I did read it, and it is full of deep heart wisdom, sister. Awesome.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto

So we must have faith that affirmations work and all will be well?

I'm a little confused with your statement... does God have an agenda or does the universe just let us conjure up anything we wish for... sorry i meant to say affirm.
Old 26-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarium
disconnected, just cause you don't believe in affirmations doesn't mean that they won't be of help to other's. They probably don't work for you cause of the factor of you dismissing the power that lies in them.

i guess it depends on what sort of help they're looking for

search and ye shall not always find
Old 26-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
well that's all relative...

And your original post is all relative, my friend. What is your point with that?

The ideology I gave wasn't really all warm and fuzzy. . .but yes, what I just stated there is relative. (The ideology simply says, as its basis, that people create/manifest based upon their core beliefs about themselves.)

What you're doing is also a form of affirming desire/belief, and you're basically claiming not to be doing it, warning others that it is a "waste."

You are also posting messages that are "all relative," yet are telling me that my post was relative.

Again, what really is your point, my friend?