Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 10-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Experiencer
Yes, we're right at the beginning of our explorations. As scientific techniques develop, we'll learn more and more. All discoveries are due to an accumulation of knowledge - 'Standing on the shoulders of giants'.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:04 AM
Pathfinder

200 something billion galaxies out there. There has to be some other type of life form.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:05 AM
Pathfinder

How come most people believe that if there are others out there somewhere, that they're more advanced than us?
Old 11-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Experiencer
Not everyone believes that extra terrestrial civilisations will all be more advanced than ours. Physicists think that if other inhabited planets exist, they'll all be at different stages of evolution. It's only New Age Ufologists who believe that benign, advanced aliens are visiting us.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
There are so many flaws in the guess work done by physicists and the conclusions they draw, it really annoys me that the majority of what they say amounts to "It could be this".

For example, the way they search for planets in the universe, using how the star light fluctuates (as a planet passes). This only would work if all planets' orbits were in line with our viewpoint, which is unlikely. Also each observed star would have to be viewed for a period of time equal to that of one complete orbit of the planet, which may be hundreds of years depending on the size of the star and the resulting 'Goldilocks zone'.

Also if you look at our history we can see that the communication technology that is blasted into space has only been happening for a very short space of time, yet the advancements during that period is incredible, so theoretically in 100 years we could well be communicating in a totally different way, which would be undetectable to our current equipment.
This would mean that the radio waves are only transmitted for a few hundred years before the signal is replaced with the new communication tech. So, if a planet has been transmitting for more than 300 years (plus the time taken for the signal to reach us) then it will be undetected by our current technology.
So, what we are actually currently looking to detect is communication from a very small band of time within the period of the species' existence.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Apologies for ramblings.

No problem! "Ramblings" are welcome! I like to hear people's thoughts on extraterrestrials.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
Whilst I agree with you I would like for us both to be proven wrong.

The thing I find most exciting about space exploration is how we are constantly discovering things which contradict previous thoughts/explanations.
It really hits home how little we actually know about the universe.

Agreed! I look forward to more being revealed and learned.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GemDragon09
Self Protection. They don't trust us or anything else in the universe to be friendly.

I would not be surprised if they feel that way at some point