Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-01-2023, 04:03 PM
Master

Modern day Magi

Modern day Magi. We often focus on what God can do for us….what He can give us. Any thoughts on what we can do for God….what gifts we can bring ?
Old 13-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Modern day Magi. We often focus on what God can do for us….what He can give us. Any thoughts on what we can do for God….what gifts we can bring ?

seek him seek what he wants try to find a way to act in accordance with his desires?
Old 13-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:

Loyalty
Old 13-01-2023, 06:00 PM
Master

As one might guess like a good lawyer does, sometimes I do not ask a question without having an answer in mind….:). My thought is that we must seek a relationship with God. A certain mystic said that the best gift that we can give to anyone is to listen. With God we might expect to hear a small still voice…a gentle whisper. The best way to hear a whisper is to cancel out all other extraneous chatter or distraction. We must bring focus. Sounds a lot like meditation doesn’t it ? Sounds crazy but this state of nothingness can bring us everything IMO. I cannot help but notice the many threads in these forums that expound on complex theories that ensure spiritual progress. I cannot argue that they are not viable paths…they are certainly well intentioned. But the advice that we give many seekers….meditation….might also be the best advice for us. One thing seems certain to me: If we give this gift it will not be ignored…it will be appreciated…….
Old 13-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Knower
I don't have thoughts on what.
I was already shone and told what.(Not shown, shone by God's Light LOL)
It is the how that keeps me busy.

Perfect Love casts out fear.(God or whatever name one has for their Life Source=Perfect Love)
If fear exists,then there is not Perfect Love.(fear is ego outside of Love)
But: Only Perfect Love exists.(God)
If there is fear, it produces a state that does not exist.

F-alse
E-vidence
A-ppearing
R-eal

That is pretty much the gist of the what, but how to tell people this simple message is the how.
Of course I can just say this here (SF) without too much backlash but how and when to
tell the drunk and the drug addicted the abuser and violent criminal or ex con and
all other faiths and beliefs in a non threatening peaceful manner keeps my Life interesting.
Backlash comes often when you let people know their fears aren't real.
Which happens often in this fear/ego based society.
Like I said it keeps my Life interesting.

Then there is the personal growth that is done simultaneously that has to happen.
The Dissolving of my own fear and becoming Perfected in Love.
Other wise I am just another hypocrite spouting off.

How to serve others (Love/God) vs Being self serving (fear/self centered ego) keeps me vigilant
toward my own self serving ego/fear nature while still maintaining a certain amount of Humility mixed with Courage.
There is a lot of sorting out and through and balancing of what is and isn't beneficial to my gift toward God.
Thy Will be Done not mine.

PEACE & have a wondrous & Awe inspired day..Or Evening..
Old 13-01-2023, 10:57 PM
Master

Quote:
But the advice that we give many seekers….meditation….might also be the best advice for us. One thing seems certain to me: If we give this gift it will not be ignored…it will be appreciated…….

ironically perhaps... the best meditative posture I know of is kneeling in prayer... god has got some really crazy stuff going on if you ask me... lol...
Old 14-01-2023, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
ironically perhaps... the best meditative posture I know of is kneeling in prayer...

Have you ever practised Contemplative/Meditative prayer FL.....
Old 14-01-2023, 08:12 AM
Deactivated Account

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
I think we gotta give Him back His dough!
Old 14-01-2023, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Have you ever practised Contemplative/Meditative prayer FL.....

no not really, mostly I'm forced to find my own way...
Old 14-01-2023, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Since He only cares about one thing, He revealed this to me - not 'about' me,
about all of mankind...I can give Him my love.
And it takes many forms.

Post 4 is a gem.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru