Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2021, 02:28 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The one 'side' who paints the other 'side' in derogatory terms generally have no idea about the ones they are accusing of being 'deniers'.

For example, I was talking to one person today who has a low opinion of me. That person has called me a 'denier' so many times, I can not remember. All over her perceived viewpoint of myself over global warming.

Having said that, I told her I was thinking about building a Hobbit -style house. I told her I wanted to use berm and trombe walls. She had no idea what I was talking about. I told her I build a home in the 80's and included a trombe wall. It is one of the simplest thing to implement to reduce heat/cooling cost. Half of the house was heated and cooled passively.

I also had a large compost pile.
A pond I dug which watered the plants by siphonic action.
And a huge organic garden.
I almost forgot, I do not know how many trees I have planted.

I recommend to the name callers to show me all of the things they have done to reduce CO2 emissions, global warming, etc. Even if they can show 'all' the things they have done, it does not justify name calling under the realm of Spirituality. If anything, if they would listen to what I have to say, they would see we have much in common.

Am I a name caller, Big John?

When debating a subject of such monumental importance as the survival of the planet, terms will develop to describe people who hold different views on this emotive subject. 'Climate change denier' is, IMHO just a slightly less clumsy term for 'someone who rejects the theories of scientists who claim man made global warming causes climate change, and the devastation that it will inevitably cause'. As I have already stated, the term was not meant to be derogatory.

So, what have I done to reduce global warming?

Buy my gas and electricity from a 'green' supplier
Have not taken a foreign holiday, or flown in an aircraft for about 15 years
Vegetarian and purchaser of organic produce, including non-polluting cleaning materials
Produce some food in my garden, powered by home grown compost
Buy most of my clothes from charity shops
Buy products manufactured in my own country whenever possible
Use public transport as much as possible, or walk, rather than using my car.
Use 3 'R's as much as possible.
Make any consumer goods last as long as possible: I don't 'upgrade' stuff for the sake of it.

Those are the first few things that came to mind without having to think about it. What I would also love to do would be to have solar panels fitted to the roof of my property, and/or a wind turbine, but those are choices not open to me because the cost is beyond my means.
Old 26-01-2021, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Not everything is about the physical world.

For some people, environmentalism becomes their religion. Yet, it only focuses on the physical. There is more than that.

Nature worship/reverence is one of the oldest spiritual paths, and one of the cleanest paths because they aren't dependent upon the hierarchies and 'logic' of complex civilization, which places mankind on a pedestal closest to god(s). The fruits of such a belief, and we find them in all complex civilizations around the world, are exploitation and destruction.
Old 28-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer
Am I a name caller, Big John?

Absolutely not.
What I was referring to is certain 'ones' who seem to thrive in calling people names such as 'denier', 'FALSE NEWS', 'FOX NEWS' as words of 'endearment'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 28-01-2021, 02:01 PM
Did you guys ever hear that Christians -not all, of course, certainly some,
and maybe non-Christians, too, to be fair...
think that since they believe a global renewing is going to happen---I mean land
turning upside down to reveal fresh new earth all over,
they don't bother to recycle anything, cuz why? Why bother.
Just wondering.

Oh, I see this really about whether we are doing ART. Sorry.
Well, no I'm retired, but I go to the bank still cashing checks from art sales.

This calling people deniers is wrong...I guess I've missed that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2021, 03:21 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
think that since they believe a global renewing is going to happen---I mean land
Just wondering.

Yep. I have heard that. That's like saying man will have a spiritual body after
death so why bother taking care of this body now, we can just pollute it.
Maybe even just destroy it.

Some Native Americans believe in a renewing or new Earth also.
Though NA believe the cleaner the Earth and body the easier the
purification when the transition comes.

A simple living method could be Love now, Love always.
Old 29-01-2021, 01:47 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Nature worship/reverence is one of the oldest spiritual paths, and one of the cleanest paths because they aren't dependent upon the hierarchies and 'logic' of complex civilization, which places mankind on a pedestal closest to god(s). The fruits of such a belief, and we find them in all complex civilizations around the world, are exploitation and destruction.

I was just talking about the way anything can become a religion to people...i.e., a political cause.

Exploitation and destruction are certainly not good for anyone in the long run. In the short-term, the exploiters can certainly benefit.

I get what you're saying about the beliefs setting humans above everything else. As we learn more about the animals who share our environment, we can see that our assumptions of the past have been largely incorrect.
Old 29-01-2021, 09:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Veganism is a great way by which each of us can put the stopper on global warming. It is said that the meat industry is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.

This is a very good point, thank you for bringing it up. And I agree. I've been vegetarian for 6 years now, gradually transitioning into vegan. Couldn't eat nuts and legumes previously, but now I can. Just a few nuts left to cross on my list than I'm "free." And yes, eating meat is probably one of the worst things you can do both in terms of the environment and harming other animals. Dairy is not much better, so veganism seems to be the only sustainable option.
Old 29-01-2021, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Man is the scurge of Mother earth they destroy everything. steal what's not theirs.
The human population is growing so quickly in some countries. it is stretching resources to the limit.

Mother earth will only take so much she will hit back.
you will have more earth quakes. they build on flood planes causing flooding.
Along with deforestation.

more volcanos erupting. it will all happen.
Man broke the umberella in which we live under.
they broke it by putting stuff into space. leaving it there making a mess as they do here.
They act surprised when it falls down again its pathetic.
that is my view anyway

Namaste

Thanks, enjoyed reading your view, appreciate it. Just to make it clear, are you suggesting earth itself has some kind of consciousness that responds to our activities, or do you think our activities triggers natural feedbacks from the environment?
Old 29-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
This is probably a topic better suited for a different sub-forum. I can see where this will eventually end up and the word contentious comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I rest my case. Us vs. Them, the very definition of contention. One "side" painting the other "side" in derogatory terms. How's this spiritual?

Quote:
Yes, Strong Opinions seems better suited, and maybe would have gotten more views.
Newbies do this often ---no harm done, tho.
lemex's point was well taken. Earth - spirituality --I can see the relationship. :)

Hi JustASimpleGuy and Miss Hepburn! I understand what you're referring to, but I kindly disagree :) Yes, my status says "Newbie," but I've been around forums for quite some time, though I'm new to this one. I've read quite a few posts, and in my mind, people on this forum treat each other well. In short, a place for civil discussions about difficult topics, but I could be wrong. If so, I apologize for my naivety.

This question is deeply spiritual to me, so I chose this specific subforum. Love, and a sense of fulfillment, are the seat of spirituality, and when these pillars are "challenged" by outside factors that require one's attention, I'd argue we have a spiritual crisis. I did not intend to cause a debate. I'm simply asking for different people's perspectives. I can't make up my own mind, which is utterly frustrating.

All and all, this about choosing your path in life – to me, there's nothing more spiritual than that. But then again, in this context, it's also a question about privilege, which one could argue is even more of an incentive to getting this choice right.
Old 30-01-2021, 03:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Just wondering.

Oh, I see this really about whether we are doing ART. Sorry.
Well, no I'm retired, but I go to the bank still cashing checks from art sales.

This calling people deniers is wrong...I guess I've missed that.

I certainly understand why they're being called deniers. They're denying that the general scientific consensus is true.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just own it. If they truly don't believe the general scientific consensus, then why would they care about being identified as doing so?

Ultimately, I believe the science, but I don't think that the average person has much control over things. So I wonder at the possible futility of even arguing the issue.

Regardless, here you have the environmentally conscious so concerned about the tiny bit that they contribute to pollution that they're willing to stifle their own spirit and cease to create art. Meanwhile, all the Machiavellians are just fine continuing to rake in profits hand over fist and giving less than a rat's...okay I won't say it. But you know.

Such is the world.

Of the religious folks who think it will someday be heaven on Earth for them because they said some magic words, I would have to say...don't hold your breath while you're waiting.

Of the environmentalists who think it will someday be heaven on Earth for them because they sorted their trash and stopped painting landscapes, I would have to say...don't hold your breath while you're waiting.
Closed Thread