Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Seeker

Siddhi Meditation

Anyone here know about Sidhi meditation?
Old 13-03-2021, 03:39 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. https://swamij.com/yoga-sutras-list.htm

I'm currently reading the Raja Yoga part of "Vivekananda: The Yogas and Other Works" where Swami Vivekananda gives an in-depth analysis of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. It's also available online. https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i...a_contents.htm

If you're looking for gaining and controlling Siddhis it's a total commitment and not only practice (meditation techniques) but in every aspect of life.

The Eight Limbs of Yoga. https://awaken.com/2020/09/what-are-...sive-overview/
Old 13-03-2021, 04:24 PM
I didn't know there was 'a' Siddhi meditation.
JASG - I thought siddhis or powers- happened for an advanced person.

It's not like Jesus did a particular, special meditation technique to walk on water, am I correct in that conclusion?
He just knew 'what was what' and by knowing this was able to do
what we looked upon as miraculous.
One thing he knew was the power of faith, believe, focus and will, combined ---
thus, even Peter could do it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2021, 04:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I didn't know there was 'a' Siddhi meditation.
JASG - I thought siddhis or powers- happened for an advanced person.

It's not like Jesus did a particular, special meditation technique to walk on water, am I correct in that conclusion?
He just knew 'what was what' and by knowing this was able to do
what we looked upon as miraculous.
One thing he knew was the power of faith, believe, focus and will, combined ---
thus, even Peter could do it.
Access to Siddhis come about through purity and clarity of mind and it's more than just meditation. It's total discipline of lifestyle as described in the Eight Limbs of Yoga with meditation being the latter, more advanced limbs.

I'm fairly certain most serious meditators who, by the way, wouldn't hold a candle to the ideal expressed in the Yoga Sutras, experience some sporadic and unbidden episodes of the lesser Siddhis.

Jesus was an Avatar so we probably have to throw out the rule book when it comes to Him.
Old 13-03-2021, 04:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandersanja

Do you mean Siddha meditation as taught by Swami Muktananda? He died in 1982. The present spiritual head of Siddha Yoga is Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.

A fundamental characteristic of the Siddha Yoga path is shaktipat-diksha, through which a seeker’s Kundalini Shakti is awakened by the Guru.

Peace
Old 13-03-2021, 04:42 PM
JASG - yup.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Do you mean Siddha meditation as taught by Swami Muktananda? He died in 1982.
The present spiritual head of Siddha Yoga is Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.

A fundamental characteristic of the Siddha Yoga path is shaktipat-diksha, through which a seeker’s Kundalini Shakti is awakened by the Guru.
Peace
Oh, is that what Muktananda taught?
My sweet brother inlaw was into him and then later his 'successor'.
I just knew about shaktipat.
I remember the day he died well, a friend I was with/around was a devotee.

Old 13-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandersanja
Are you looking from a Hindu perspective or from a Buddhist perspective?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-03-2021, 06:48 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Do you mean Siddha meditation as taught by Swami Muktananda? He died in 1982. The present spiritual head of Siddha Yoga is Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.

Peace

Hello IAmThat

Did not know that some knew here about Siddha Yoga,

Did get to meet GuruMayi in person when she came to Montreal, an old Franciscan monk that is still my friend and I took the day alone with her to show her nice places in the town.

What a beautiful energy she has.

But I must say that something bugs me in all the money her group that she represents ask simply to go on their retreat. And don't know why something bugs me in the energy of Muktananda, even if he wrote beautiful books.

Do you feel the same or it is just me?
Old 15-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello IAmThat

Did not know that some knew here about Siddha Yoga,

Did get to meet GuruMayi in person when she came to Montreal, an old Franciscan monk that is still my friend and I took the day alone with her to show her nice places in the town.

What a beautiful energy she has.

But I must say that something bugs me in all the money her group that she represents ask simply to go on their retreat. And don't know why something bugs me in the energy of Muktananda, even if he wrote beautiful books.

Do you feel the same or it is just me?

Sounds like a good experience with GuruMayi.

I have no personal experience of Muktananda, though I have read some of his books plus autobiographies of a couple of his disciples. But he seems to have been one of those teachers who enjoyed the company of his female disciples, being accused of physical and sexual abuse.

Muktananda named two joint successors, Chidvilasananda and her younger brother Nityananda. Nityananda later left, and one of the books I read suggested there were disagreements between them and accusations of misbehaviour.

The question of money for spirituality is always interesting. We may have this ideal that spiritual training should be free, but running a global mission is expensive. In general Westerners have more disposable income than Indians, so they tend to be charged more for any teachings and courses. And people seem to place more value on something they have paid for. Paying for retreats shows a greater level of commitment. If it was given away for free then people might be more casual about it.

I've never felt drawn to Chidvilasananda, but if the OP is genuinely interested in siddha meditation then that might be a good place to start.

Peace