Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-11-2020, 10:02 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
Doesn't conscious mean being aware of things? Then yes you need to feel cold or heat and see things to be conscious.

Only if you think consciousness is a product of brain/mind and you are mind-body.

If you think you are Divine and the Divine is Consciousness then Consciousness just is, regardless of the existence or non-existence of anything else.

In other words it's not being consciousness, but Consciousness just is. It's fundamental. Primary and moreso than space, time and matter.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:24 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Only if you think consciousness is a product of brain/mind and you are mind-body.

If you think you are Divine and the Divine is Consciousness then Consciousness just is, regardless of the existence or non-existence of anything else.

In other words it's not being consciousness, but Consciousness just is. It's fundamental. Primary and moreso than space, time and matter.

Have you ever blacked out or been under general anesthesia?

You don't exist there. You're not aware of anything.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:46 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

It's the mind that goes offline, not Consciousness. It's an experience of absence.

If you believe we are Divine then you have to conclude we are not the body or the mind because at one point they weren't and at another point they won't be. Therefore mind-body can't be Divine. I suggest Consciousness is the Divine, it's not a product of the brain's complexity and it's never offline. It's one Consciousness that illumines all minds and the mind mistakenly appropriates it as its own.

That's a non-dualist view and my exploration of consciousness and experience has me convinced. There's a ton of content available on consciousness and I've been through a huge chunk of it over the last 12 years, from neuroscience to psychology to philosophy of mind to quantum physics to NDEs to meditation to Vedanta.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:25 PM
Master
There is no such thing as “nothing,” and we will, and do, always exist, even if we are not conscious of our existence. Our existence is not dependant on our experiences or what we sense. Sensing is a type of reaching out and making contact.

We not only sense things on the outside of our physical body, but we also have the ability to sense deep within our own being. Some things are coarse and some things are very fine; whether we can sense them or not depends on us and how fine or coarse our sensing ability may be.

Animals can hear and see things that humans can not. We are limited by our human senses, but our senses go deep within us, and they can take on an unfathomable quality. We can see into our own being, we can hear, feel, and sense within our own being. Our senses are a tool which we use to explore.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Yes! You are gone - I remembered nothing...Gone.
First at 5, having tonsils out...had to count back from 10...
and a black curtain just come down. Gone!

My awareness or consciousness was 'asleep' ...but I existed!
See? I'm here.
Better to say 'my memory of the event did not exist.'
But I still existed.
Again, see? I'm here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-11-2020, 01:56 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes! You are gone - I remembered nothing...Gone.
First at 5, having tonsils out...had to count back from 10...
and a black curtain just come down. Gone!

My awareness or consciousness was 'asleep' ...but I existed!
See? I'm here.
Better to say 'my memory of the event did not exist.'
But I still existed.
Again, see? I'm here.

If I think about it from an experiential aspect it's not like I just blinked my eyes. There's a distinct "knowing" I was out for some time. Advaitans will say Consciousness was still present and it was just the mind that was offline, and since the mind presents experience to Consciousness it's an awareness of absence of experience. So Consciousness is conscious of a lack of experience since there was no mind to construct and present experience to Consciousness.

Deep dreamless sleep and Samadhi are the same thing. There are times during a particularly fruitful sitting when the timer goes off it's almost a blank, though I'm keenly aware time has gone by, just not much experience to recall. Experience of absence.

So for me it's not even an abstract concept but something that's actually experienced.
Old 15-11-2020, 02:43 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

Actually some people are aware and some people aren't. There are numerous documentaries on this very phenome which the reason astral projecting became more mainstream. As for me, yes I have blacked out and been fully aware. It is hard to do this intentionally only because my spiritual muscles aren't that developed in this area yet.
Old 15-11-2020, 02:47 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Isn't that just a fancy word for the 5 senses? Without the senses we wouldn't be conscious right?

And how do we know we have souls? I can't feel one.

There are more then 5 senses. In fact, these greater senses is what makes you more closer to the spiritual world.

Those that only experience 5 senses are known as muggles.
Old 16-11-2020, 09:46 PM
Master
When we dream, we are conscious, albeit in a different way, yet no senses appear to be present.
Old 16-11-2020, 10:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
When we dream, we are conscious, albeit in a different way, yet no senses appear to be present.
When we dream, "we" are in a different state than the awake state. By default we believe that we can have access to the same senses, which we posses in what we believe are our dream bodies. The reality of our dreams reacts instantaneously to our emotions, seemingly beyond our control. If "we" become lucid, we can take conscious control and change reality the way we want.

Our perceptions are limited by our belief that they are products of our physical sensory organs.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.