Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Spiritualism question for those who are also religious - is it ant religion?

Hello everyone. I consider myself very spiritual and have always had an interest in booking readings with psychics and mediums, tarot cards, read up a lot on near death experiences and past life regression and am interested in spiritual forms of healing such as those who say they can connect with angels to facilitate healing.

I'm also religious and a catholic, and pray often to God. my views on religion have always been expanded though to the spiritual realm. i and my family have had psychic experiences.

my question is, what is the truth? I've been in searching for wha the truth is, what is considered right or wrong. i've always had a slight worry that most of those from Christianity say any kind of spiritualism is from the devil. i am in strong belief that yes definitely there are dark spirits who can corrupt spiritual healing modalities or give incorrect information to those with a gift, in order to take people down the wrong path. but how can we know?

i'm pondering this now especially because recently i reached out to an old friend randomly. and he as it turns out became a born again christian, and said that as my message to him came through it was when he was praying for god to send him people who are working with the occult, to show them the right way. so this made me a bit worried that could i be involved with things that are bad?

im sure some of the practices i mentioned above can be corrupted by the darker side, but does it apply to all of them?

i do know that in general in life i need to have stronger faith, rather than trying to control situations in my life by 'having to know' what the outcome is or what to do by asking psychics for the information. so maybe this latest communication from my friend is god's interception to help me be more faithful in life. although from what my friend was saying, it sounded like i needed to stop all interest and seeking out those practices. so i'm a bit confused right now

does anyone have any input?
Old 05-03-2021, 10:32 AM
Administrator
I am a spiritulist I walk my own path always have done, Religion as a whole doesnt matter what you follow in my opinion is about control.
they dont want you to follow spiritulism as in their words it is Evil.
But in my words they are all deluded.
Look back years and years ago when you had Christians,catholics jews jehovas etc the list goes on.
now you have got born again christians etc.

Man changes things to suit themselves and Expect others to follow like sheep.and if you have got money that is another game changer,
Follow your own path dont listen to fear mongering religions

Namaste
Old 05-03-2021, 10:43 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I am a spiritulist I walk my own path always have done, Religion as a whole doesnt matter what you follow in my opinion is about control.
they dont want you to follow spiritulism as in their words it is Evil.
But in my words they are all deluded.
Look back years and years ago when you had Christians,catholics jews jehovas etc the list goes on.
now you have got born again christians etc.

Man changes things to suit themselves and Expect others to follow like sheep.and if you have got money that is another game changer,
Follow your own path dont listen to fear mongering religions

Namaste
That's it in a nutshell. I saw the OP earlier but didn't reply as I thought that it might cause offence.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:23 PM
Hi and welcome to SF .

I'm no help to your question. God knows your heart; ask for His guidance and protection always --
just driving to the store, I say...easy-peasy to me. Trust God, always rely on Him ...not what others say
and all their convoluted concepts, many based in fear.
Jesus said, Do not worry - so ...don't worry - it doesn't get much simpler.

What Native spirit said.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-03-2021, 10:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypteene
Hello everyone. I consider myself very spiritual and have always had an interest in booking readings with psychics and mediums, tarot cards, read up a lot on near death experiences and past life regression and am interested in spiritual forms of healing such as those who say they can connect with angels to facilitate healing.

I'm also religious and a catholic, and pray often to God. my views on religion have always been expanded though to the spiritual realm. i and my family have had psychic experiences.

my question is, what is the truth? I've been in searching for wha the truth is, what is considered right or wrong. i've always had a slight worry that most of those from Christianity say any kind of spiritualism is from the devil. i am in strong belief that yes definitely there are dark spirits who can corrupt spiritual healing modalities or give incorrect information to those with a gift, in order to take people down the wrong path. but how can we know?

i'm pondering this now especially because recently i reached out to an old friend randomly. and he as it turns out became a born again christian, and said that as my message to him came through it was when he was praying for god to send him people who are working with the occult, to show them the right way. so this made me a bit worried that could i be involved with things that are bad?

im sure some of the practices i mentioned above can be corrupted by the darker side, but does it apply to all of them?

i do know that in general in life i need to have stronger faith, rather than trying to control situations in my life by 'having to know' what the outcome is or what to do by asking psychics for the information. so maybe this latest communication from my friend is god's interception to help me be more faithful in life. although from what my friend was saying, it sounded like i needed to stop all interest and seeking out those practices. so i'm a bit confused right now

does anyone have any input?

You asked one question - is Spiritualism a religion. The answer is yes.

Your experiences don't change what Modern Spiritualism is but perhaps what you're thinking of as 'spiritualism' (sic) isn't what Spiritualists - like myself - know to be Spiritualism?

If so you're not the first and you will not be the last to misunderstand what Modern Spiritualism actually is about.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Why listen to Spiritualist bobjob though?

Take a look here:https://nsac.org/ if you're an American

or here: https://www.snu.org.uk/ if you're not.

You'll quickly find out what Spiritualism is and what it means to real people.