Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 21-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Hey FairyCrystal your not the only one that feels that way cos I do exactly the same and I have to be careful not to OVER WORK the painting because of it. Im just never happy with what I do.
I haven't got that problem as it never bothers me when I'm working on a creation. Then I'm totally tuned in to the process and vibe of whatever it is I'm creating, whether a painting or something else.
It happens when I show it to the world, when it's out there to potentially get criticism. While I'm working on it it's still 100% mine.
I had a similar thing when my first book was published and out on the shelves of B&N and Amazon and other shops. Suddenly other people have access to what I've written. That was also quite scary for me!
And the times I've been on stage, presenting a gig but also doing backing vocals and singing a few songs myself. Also scary as bleep, haha. Directly facing your audience whilst doing it!

I have noticed with paintings that the feeling of questioning my own work got less now that I'm painting so much. It's different when you've been at it for weeks, months maybe, and then showing it to the world as opposed to making a new one on a regular basis.

In any case, keep at it! Happy creating!
Old 21-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Loveeeee your little Pussy Cat it's beautiful.....
Thank you, Sky!
My li'l Nila can really sit like that when it's bad weather, and you can almost hear her think "When is this over? I wanna go outdoors!!"

It's a cute smaller painting that soon will be on one of my living room walls, hihi.
Old 22-04-2023, 05:35 AM
Master

FairyC. Jeez I’m the opposite. I’m my own biggest critic! I don’t honestly care what others think of my work cos I KNOW when it’s good and I know when it’s mediocre and that’s all that matters to me.

I’ve been asked to have exhibitions and stuff like that but I’ve always refused cos it doesn’t appeal to me and besides I’ve sold just about everything without doing that anyway. Also I don’t have a website and I don’t put them on any social media outlets either as I don’t want or need anyone’s criticism or praise. I just wanna be left alone to paint what I want, when I want and if it sells then great if it doesn’t then that’s ok too. Occasionally I will paint a few things that I know people want such as the black/white ones but they are easy/relaxing to do, so that’s ok with me.

Wow singing a few songs on stage. Now that IS scary! But good on ya for getting out there and doing it even tho you were nervous. I really admire people who do that.

Your cat painting. Yes you can literally FEEL her saying “I wanna go out there”.
Old 22-04-2023, 05:59 AM
Master

Hi Red... Good for you for having the confidence to know yourself and not caring about what others think.

But on the same token I fully get where Fairy comes from with her doubt sometimes . It can be very difficult for us sensitives / empaths to not doubt ourselves.
Old 22-04-2023, 10:32 AM
Master

AngelB. I did used to be hurt about criticism when i was younger but I’ve gone thru so many trials and tribulations during my life that i just became blasé about it. Probably for about the last 30 years.

I now always see it as THEIR problem and not mine when it comes to my work.

Yep I can totally understand where FairyC is coming from cos I’ve been there and that is why I admire her for ………”feeling the fear and do it anyway”. Now that takes guts!
Old 22-04-2023, 02:24 PM
Master

Both you and fairy have a lot more confidence than me !!!
And there is some beautiful artwork being produced.
Old 22-04-2023, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Wow singing a few songs on stage. Now that IS scary! But good on ya for getting out there and doing it even tho you were nervous. I really admire people who do that.

Your cat painting. Yes you can literally FEEL her saying “I wanna go out there”.
Yes, Nila's vibe is in that painting for sure!!

And it goes to show we're all different and that it works different for each of us :)
Stage is what I love! I never knew that until I ended up on stage the first time in 2009 and began doing some presenting as the audience started to leave. I managed to connect with them -which is basically what I do, my purpose in a sense (bridge builder)- and then they all began to get closer to stage again and get engaged in the music and what was happening on stage.
After that I was asked to do the presenting in the future as I did such a great job. I still don't know what is so great about what I do. I just now that it's "me"! I come to live when on stage!!!
Had I known that sooner in life I would've pursued a career in it. Maybe even tv work, presenting shows.
As it is, I like to be in front of an audience, also when it's a workshop, my YouTube channel with vids, and so on.
It's really 'me'. Doesn't mean I'm not nervous before going on stage but that comes with the territory. It's always exciting as you don't know for sure how the audience is going to react to what you say/do.

I like to show my paintings on social media. It's not so much about needing validation but more about sharing. When I create I want to share. I'm always SO happy when I've finished something and I want to share that vibe. And yes, that again can come hand in hand with some nervousness or doubt. Yet I still want to share!
Old 23-04-2023, 03:22 PM
Master
Made a new one that was a lot of fun to do!
Calling it...
"Romance Alight"

Old 25-04-2023, 03:30 PM
Master
I finished this one today. Not sure what to call it yet.

I finished this one today :)
I had painted it last week or so but it wasn't to my liking so I did it again. Now I am happy with it!

I feel affinity with deer as their closely related to Elen of the Ways, the deity/Goddess of (northern parts of) the UK.

Old 25-04-2023, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I finished this one today. Not sure what to call it yet.

It's absolutely beautiful, Solitude came into my mind when I first saw it