Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-11-2021, 10:18 AM
Master
X-Rated Reality.

The last thread on this subject got no response what so ever. So I will try again.

What is X-rated reality and where does it come from? Many Christians believe that Jesus can save us from this reality and that we only know of such things because we fell from grace. Jesus' redemption and forgiveness helps us rise out of it.

What about self-realisation? Is this beyond X-rated reality too?

Is God in fact totally universal and totally suitable for children? A complete U-certificate reality? Or do 'adult only' themes creep into God too?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The last thread on this subject got no response what so ever. So I will try again.

What is X-rated reality and where does it come from?
What are your personal views on what it is and from where it comes ?
Old 11-11-2021, 11:10 AM
Aren't x-rated thoughts, portrayed as reality or truth, more in the Old Testament - even in Psalms?
More than the New Testament? So wouldn't this belong in Judaism, more?
I'm thinking you mean x-rated as not suitable for children?
Well, most of the Bible is not suitable for children and I don't think we need a list of gruesome examples!
And, I do not know what a U-certificate is.
Self-realization is not part of Christian lingo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2021, 12:11 PM
Master
U certificate used to be the 'suitable for all' certificate for films.

X certificate used to be the 'adults only' rating.

I think nowadays you get the 18 rating and the U rating and everything in between.

Old 11-11-2021, 12:13 PM
Master
It is a conceptual leap to describe certain parts of reality as X-rated. But it is not *that* difficult to understand.

Old 11-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What are your personal views on what it is and from where it comes ?

I guess my view is that sin is to blame. It is caused by the slow attrition of reality by countless 'missing of the mark'.....

Or even possibly by one big 'original sin'....

Old 11-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Smile

Quote:
U certificate used to be the 'suitable for all' certificate for films.
X certificate used to be the 'adults only' rating.
I think nowadays you get the 18 rating and the U rating and everything in between.
Thank you, Honza ---boy, has my head been in the sand! I am a big theater/movie goer and
I have never heard the the word 'certificate' even used, in the USA, anyway!
They say this is a PG or PG-13 or R rated film, for example.
Thanks.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Quote:
I guess my view is that sin is to blame. It is caused by the slow attrition of reality by countless 'missing of the mark'.....
Or even possibly by one big 'original sin'....
Lol, I never use the word attrition...I had to look up the exact usage ---it's different in Christianity, psychology, in law, business.
A synonym could be 'a wearing down or weakening'.
So that phrase attrition of reality was very different for my mind to see!
How can there be a change in reality?
If reality is seen as Love or a creation with a loving Creator in any realm or dimension...how could that be worn down?
Reality simply is what it is.

Now, a change in the perception or viewpoint or concept of reality or Reality...I can relate to.

Missing the mark
is always a welcome phrase to me :)...rather than sin with all it's eternal hell, punishment connotations
placed on it, thanks for that Honza.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:00 AM
Master

the only reason part of reality is x-rated is because people said 'this is so'. Law of attraction does work... even in such cases.

However, this may be another matter of 'missing the mark'.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Missing the mark
is always a welcome phrase to me :)...rather than sin with all it's eternal hell, punishment connotations
placed on it, thanks for that Honza.

Miss Hepburn,

‘Missing the mark’ becomes more meaningful when we have a concept of what ‘the mark’ actually is. The mark should be viewed as a goal that not only has a purpose but also has a reward. It is not simply being sinless for that is not totally realistic no matter how much we might try.

As to the ‘mark’ a relative scripture for me is 2 Corinthians 5:17….”Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come.” In short he has become a new man. The mark is to become a new man. We should have the outlook of one that has been released from prison. It is a new start and we realize all the reasons that our freedom was taken from us.

Because of sin we come under the bondage of slavery. Sin leads to repetitive behavior…..we repeat the same mistakes and, in my view, most often from uncontrolled ego. Galatians 5:1…..”It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Christ came to give us freedom. From the Gospel of John…..”know the truth and the truth will set you free.”