Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-10-2021, 09:21 PM
Master

i want what god wants... and... since i clearly cannot see what that is without engaging in still more wishful thinking I'll just have to abstain from answering the question.
Old 26-10-2021, 07:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Question! if you could chose between this world as we know it. or a world far better than what you know, where everyone would have Love. No hatred or negative feelings, peaceful, no one fearing anything or anybody. no one going hungry, or going homeless, which would you choose? peace

There was once, (it is said) a chap who lived in paradise. Unfortunately he had nothing other to do than till the ground so he quickly became bored of milk and honey and gladly bit into an apple.

George Bernard Shaw also told us in 'Back to Methusula' just what a bore paradise would be.

It's the so-called good and bad in this life which keeps us on the edge of our seat, experiencing sheer bliss would drive one mad. Good and bad are the same seesaw, a seesaw goes up and down - just like life.

Only opposites fire action.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 26-10-2021, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Good and bad are the same seesaw, a seesaw goes up and down - just like life.
It certainly is, I don't think I'd like to be stuck up in the air 24/7.
Old 26-10-2021, 05:45 PM
Master
One of the promises the Bible provides is hope that what we have today will be done away and replaced with something better. Some people like the way things are going: some don't. Besides, that is one of the main theme in the Bible. It is very easy to make fun of such a promise but when that is done, does it not also make fun of and deny the purpose of Jesus' sacrifice?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Jojo50,

One of the most difficult tasks in life is to have the responsibility of inheriting great wealth. The good life that you envisage can only come one way…..it could only be totally be as given by the grace of God. What then would be the purpose of life ? There would be no uniqueness as an individual. God created us as wonderfully made….each of made as being unique and, in our uniqueness, the potential to express more of the fullness of God. God is dynamic not static and is and will always be a constant and continuing revelation.

I agree!... Jehovah God and Jesus created each of us in a beautiful awe inspiring way. and you're also right concerning the Good life they can give us, and they soon will! peace
Old 27-10-2021, 01:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Of course we would choose Peace but odd as it may sounds, it seems most people prefer the opposite. This becomes more apparent when realizing that Jesus is the the great Peacemaker.

you're so right, as the scriptures shows, in (2Tim. 3:1-3), the last days people will be even more wicked. loving the wrong or bad vs what's right or good.
Old 27-10-2021, 01:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The problem is the earth and humanity has been hacked by the chief rebel, who is a liar. Which is why he is called the ruler of this world.
This predator/prey situation, in which we find ourselves. However, we are assured that Christ paid the price for, "the sin of the world." But, in Whom, we are more than conquerors. Through faith in Him.

agree!.. satan being the ruler has his hand in ALL wicked acts of this world. however humans don't have to succumb to satan's tricks. as well as our own imperfect human desires. Jesus died, so that we "MIGHT" live. still for those who fights off satan's evil attacks. ones gain everlasting happiness ,that's soon to come. peace
Old 27-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i want what god wants... and... since i clearly cannot see what that is without engaging in still more wishful thinking I'll just have to abstain from answering the question.

"God" ,Jehovah wants ALL to repent and be save. this is why he sent his Son Jesus to remove the curse of eternal death from mankind. by means of his own perfect life ,(John 3:16,17). God... also wants ALL to get to KNOW HIM and who he really is. as well as his Son Jesus, this also means our salvation, (John 17:3). God said that he'll draw close to us, if we draw close to him ,(James 4:8). he will soon make this world a kind of a renew Paradise. but to understand what Jehovah God wants, you'll have to get it from the Bible, and be taught what's spoken.

because the Bible at times speaks in illustrations and symbolism. and when NOT taught in accuracy, (Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge), and without Jehovah's HS, it can be taken the wrong way. for example, (Rev. 17:1) "the Harlot sitting on Many waters." one person said to me, it was referring to an actual woman. when actuality it's referring to the world of false religion. peace
Old 27-10-2021, 02:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
There was once, (it is said) a chap who lived in paradise. Unfortunately he had nothing other to do than till the ground so he quickly became bored of milk and honey and gladly bit into an apple.George Bernard Shaw also told us in 'Back to Methusula' just what a bore paradise would be. It's the so-called good and bad in this life which keeps us on the edge of our seat, experiencing sheer bliss would drive one mad. Good and bad are the same seesaw, a seesaw goes up and down - just like life. Only opposites fire action.

that "Chap" and George also are imperfect being!... as ALL humans are. and had Never been Perfect or in Paradise, so how would they know? I personally don't want to be sitting on the edge of my seat when it comes to good and bad. I would much rather run around feeling carefree with ONLY the Good. Jehovah God and Jesus promises a world where there would be nothing but Good. and humans won't feel "bored", because Jehovah would have removed ALL memories of the past. they wouldn't even know or have any negative feelings (Rev. 21:4). peace
Old 27-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
but to understand what Jehovah God wants, you'll have to get it from the Bible, and be taught what's spoken.
Yes I've heard those words many times before... So does that mean that those who don't read or follow or have access to the Bible will never understand ?.
Before the Bible was available, God used many ways to reveal Himself and His will to Mankind through 'Revelations'..peace.....