Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2024, 01:34 AM
Master

personally i think anyone who says they have gotten past thoughts or even that they want to is missing an essential piece of understanding about the process of thinking....

based on my own readings I'm led to believe that what actually happened (which is different than anything you or I could emote about actually happening if we were talking to each other about what is actually happening) is that there was a reason, that various things were created in such a way that they would keep reinforcing themselves, and never go away... in fact to endlessly get more intense/worse until we have a meltdown, civilization dies, we have to give up on our desires for a time and then we are back to our roots starting with much less, to do it all over again...

part of the way we are caught in a loop, in cycles, endlessly repeating things. Sorta the same thing as 'groundhog day' and similar stories that have come out about individuals and small groups over the last few decades, only on a more massive scale, and the fact of us not being able to get rid of this pestering thing until we have a complete meltdown/lose whatever knowledge we have and then we no longer have context for using knowledge to resolve this issue, is part of what keeps us in it.

But at least according to those stories there is a defined endpoint...

video games are a concept along the same lines... we level up until we've lost all our lives and along the way we learn what gets us killed, then we start over (restart the cycle) try not to make the same mistakes, and maybe level up a little further. Eventually after a lot of restarts we get past the end of the game?

real life seems the same way to me too sigh....

thoughts to me are part of that.... to me it isn't natural to say they ever just go away the same way I don't lose my thoughts when I finish playing a video game????? but they certainly do grow and become more invasive over time, kinda like a weed if im not minding my manners lol....
Old 09-07-2024, 01:49 AM
Master
The more you enjoy life, the more you synchronise with non-dual awareness.

If you don't enjoy life, ur focused on what you dont want. When you focus on what you do want, u feel better again.
Old 09-07-2024, 03:51 AM
Master

Joy is our natural state, we do not need a reason to be happy. Yet in this world people want to know “what are you so happy about? We give our energy to our thoughts, emotions, and actions. Thoughts are dualistic, they can help us or hurt us, and most people are controlled by their thoughts and they are unaware of it.

As someone who used to work in the healthcare field I have seen lots of people with thought disorders, thoughts that control them and they were so one with their thoughts that they impulsively reacted to them. Thoughts that told them to kill someone or to seek vengeance against someone, etc. Thoughts that told them that they were worthless and they believed it.

I still occasionally think but most of my days are spent in complete inner silence. When I am quiet inside my energy feels sweet, like a new born baby who does not spend a lot of time thinking about things. I do embrace that we must become like that newborn in order to dwell constantly in the oneness of being. I have delivered babies and worked in newborn at a hospital. Infants can teach us a lot.

Our happiness and spiritual growth is not dependant on a thought nor does it have anything to do with logic or reasoning; it is an experience and for me the question is what am I doing with my energy? We see the world through our thoughts and our thoughts mold and shape our attitude. Thinking is a valuable tool but we must learn how to use that tool and not let it use us, in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2024, 12:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Joy is our natural state, we do not need a reason to be happy.
Thanks, Starman. That is it. The term Being-Consciousness-Bliss is often used, from the Sanskrit Sat-Chit-Ananda. Some elaborate that the joy or bliss is actually peace. I see it as the unchanging underlying nature of being - stillness is peace. It is the unseen, unfelt essence of being.

Before the movement of the mind and the world this stillness is. It remains throughout the appearance of the mind and the world. It is here when the mind and the world are gone. Peace is the timeless stillness of being. It is never lost, only overlooked.

An aim of the Non Duality aspirant is to let the mind rest in the stillness of being. Whether thoughts play or not makes no difference, but as the mind rests the thoughts become quiet.
Old 09-07-2024, 12:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
This is the biggest flaw in non duality and it built upon a false premise... Why do you hold other's to reflect separation? I don't, so there must be a reason for why you do.
Wishing you peace, God-Like, but I would ask that this thread on the Non Duality forum be for those who follow and accept Non Duality, or those interested to know more. I respect that people have different views and some may not believe in Non-Duality, but I feel this is not the place to post anti-Non Duality views.

If Non Duality isn't your thing, then maybe the Non Duality group isn't the best for you.
Old 09-07-2024, 12:55 PM
Thumbs up Post 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
There is no separation, what we call open space connects us, it connects everything in existence.
The only reason why we perceive separation is because we consider open space to be void, we consider it to be nothing, and
that perception of a nothingness void, wide open space which has lots of objects in it, creates the illusion of separateness.

There is no place where infinity is not and infinity is totally occupied with the presence of spirit; divinity is omnipresent.
3 sentence quote limit, ;)
This might be my favorite post... I must say it really 'helps' when you've seen the energy;
the vibration of waves and colors between things.
If a person has not, it can become some 'idea or concept' made up.
I can say it is absolutely true...oh my, we are all connected...and for those that have the eyes to see the actual
'vat' of space we all swim in together, well, to those I say,

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2024, 01:01 PM
Ref post 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
...people have different views and some may not believe in Non-Duality,
but I feel this is not the place to post anti-Non Duality views.
To everyone...that would be just like going to one of the Forums Religion Sections and posting apposing, challenging,
anti-religion views to them to preach conversion.

Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2024, 07:02 PM
Administrator
Please be aware we each of us have our own thoughts and ideas.
This topic will be closed for tensions to cool down

Namaste