Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celera
I have a rather specific question, one of those questions that is easy enough to answer when it is about someone else, or hypothetical, but when a thing happens in your own life suddenly there are emotions and complications that make the right answer -- if there is one -- less obvious.

I have a dog -- well, I have two, and one of them is quite ill. Just this week we have learned she has a bone cancer that is nearly always fatal within a few months.

There are options, to extend her life and/or relieve her pain. The leg where her tumor resides could be amputated. I've been assured this prospect is more troubling to humans than it is to dogs; she would be happy to be rid of pain and she no longer really uses the leg anyway. There are medications that might slow the spread of the cancer. The amputation and medications are likely to cost several thousand dollars. Either way, she will likely have to be euthanized, whether in two months or in ten.

I love my dogs, but I also know that they live in the moment, and do not concern themselves much with longevity or plans for the future. The expense of surgery and chemotherapy is a sacrifice, but not unmanageable.

The parameters of this decision are pretty clear, and I respect that it is a decision my spouse and I must make ourselves --I'm not asking you to make it for me. But I have read some of your other thoughts on animal spirits, and our relationship with pets, and I would be interested to know your perspective on this sadly common situation. Is there any right or wrong decision here in terms of spending money to gain more time with our animal companions? Is there any right or wrong in euthanizing a pet -- they are spiritual beings just like people, and we would not consider killing a person just because they were ill.

Thank you for sharing your kindness and wisdom on these forums, I have learned a great deal from reading your posts, and find they usually inspire a feeling of peace as well.
Dear Celera,

I acknowledge and thank you for extending this respect in opening this door for my interaction within this sensitive personal concern. I see the light of love from the heavens above already shines down upon this beloved animal, as once it did too for those who have passed previously in your care.

The true question that confronts you is not what is right and what is wrong, but rather, what would love do now? Do not burden yourself upon sorrow nor shed a tear for any end result, for that is not yours to decide; focus on the simplicity and clarity of your beautiful loving intent, and allow the universe the free will to manifest its own result. Within the clarity of love lies the wisdom of life; where love persists life exists. Life does not end with the body. Within the intention of pure love there is never a need to be right, for there lies the knowledge that you can do no wrong. This is the wisdom of the spirit.

Whatever you decide to do, do it fully, completely, purposefully in love, and let this be enough in your heart to conclude your part in your duty of care, and in the eternal process of that which we are all a part.

I have personally sent an aid of the light to the side of your delightful companion. He will take over from here. You however must make your own decision within your duty of care and protection of life.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 27-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
There are people quite clever enough to let you believe you lead the way, when their guidance is weaved into your own existing views. But that can be the learning curve as we learn responsibility for our own journeys.

Right! Some say it's all about "location, location, location", but I see it as more like "discernment, discernment, discernment !"

"We are each our own final authority on matters of Spirit " would be a somewhat more accurate phrasing ; "there is no external authority " is a bit
less specific.
Old 28-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Knower
Thank you, Sparrow, for your reassuring response.

Yesterday and today, Kara has been back to her old self. Pain medication is, for now, working well, and she has been barking at passers-by and bossing our other dog around as usual. I know this won't last, but one thing I am trying to learn from dogs is to not let a good day be spoiled by a difficult day ahead.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl
Old 08-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
If you truly want to learn how to live, learn to forget your schedule.

-Sparrow

right about now .... I would love to know how to do this !
Old 08-10-2014, 12:15 AM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
right about now .... I would love to know how to do this !

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to, though? That said, I find joy in having a schedule... rule it, don't let it rule you!

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich
Old 08-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi TaoSandwich ! easier said than done, lol .... not letting the schedule rule me. Have you any suggestions ?
Old 08-10-2014, 01:00 AM
TaoSandwich

Adrienne,

Haha, I can hardly think of a philosophical solution. I tend to view a schedule as freedom from chaos... so it is naturally satisfying. I guess it is just a disposition of mine

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich
Old 08-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
I tend to view a schedule as freedom from chaos... so it is naturally satisfying. I guess it is just a disposition of mine

......nice disposition, Tao Sandwich ! and when you put it like that " as freedom from chaos " sounds good ... but even with a schedule, there is a possibility of chaos, lol !

Maybe I just need to listen to Sparrow and forget my schedule, just toss it all .... including the chaos, out the window !! LOL and then close that window quickly as can be !
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Pathfinder
I personally feel best when I do have some schedule, but not too much in it. Not too many things I HAVE to do.
In the last couple of years, I have cut back on everything I have to do, including work. I now have less income, of course, but more time for myself and what makes me happy. I am aware that it's quite a luxury to be able to do this, though.
And I try not to agree to anything where I have to be someplace at a certain time on a regular basis. This makes me feel free.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Dear Robin,

It is possible to attempt to define hundreds of such laws and subsidiary laws but would prove most ineffectual for optimal spiritual benefit. The fascination with humanity in accumulating more and more information within the persona, while having some transitory benefits, also produces many burdens and barriers. It is simplicity of the mind and of the heart which gains true spiritual wisdom, hence it is not for you to pour in more information, but in fact to pour out what you already possess which is diluting your very soul.

In light of this, consider these brief but important laws which at present are particularly relevant and useful for you at this time.

Law of free will - Life that becomes self-aware becomes aware of their own will to choose that which they create.
Law of karma - Every cause gives way to an effect. You reap what you sow. That which you create, returns to you. The created seeks the creator - the circle becomes complete. That which you do onto others, is done onto you, for all are One.
Law of intent - Your every intention is a statement of a truth. The universe shall always, in all ways, deliver the experience of the truth of your intention. Your intentions will always define the experience of your Self.
Law of equilibrium - Otherwise known as the law of harmony, reveals that the universe in its very design finds its own state of equilibrium through the process of change.
Law of proximity - Everything has its own proximity to everything else and is therefore subject to other conditions which separate it from everything else.
Law of growth - All things which exist are compelled to survive and grow in their very nature, even if it contradicts or opposes the growth of something else.
Law of One - Nothing exists which does not originate from the One source of all life. Nothing exists which is not connected to all other things in existence. All aspects of the source shall ultimately seek one another out for it is their nature to nourish themselves on their original source which first conceived them.
Law of attraction - Like attracts like; that which you give out you shall in turn receive, for you are giving onto yourself. Thought forms intent - intent affirms choice - choice manifests reality.
Law of change - All things are designed to change to accommodate its own design for growth, perfection and harmonic equilibrium within its own environment.
Law of relativity - All things are self-realized only by its relationship to all other things.
Law of polarity - All things have its equal and opposite polarity. This allows free will and choice to exist.
Law of rhythm - All things move and behave within their own state of rhythm which is inherent to their natural state of harmony.
Law of creation - All thought creates. Nothing manifests but through a thought which invites its existence.
Law of action - Any and all action or inaction produces an equivalent reaction.
Law of resonance/vibration - All things resonate a core frequency vibration which determines its core nature and its relationship to all other things.
Law of correspondence - As above - so below; as within - so without.
Law of time - The experience of time is relative to the awareness of the relationship between different things in motion.
Law of truth (universal truth) - All truths may co-exist simultaneously. The experience of truth becomes a choice.

Now meditate on releasing the need to know all of this.
-Sparrow

Indeed. Knowing all of that within the limitations of our earthly existence would cloud the working of a perfect machine. My thanks to you, Sparrow.