Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 20-11-2021, 12:42 PM
Knower
Should i wear shoes giving reiki healing ? not wear them ?

I would love to read peoples understanding of the subject of shoes vs no shoes in reiki (talking of course about giving reiki as a healer not a patient)

My reiki teacher told me to not wear shoes in reiki .... and that was fine with me before but now in winter the floor is getting very cold too cold for barefoot and even with socks .... so i want to know more about this

Do you have to not wear shoes ?

What about socks ? any kind of sock or maybe very thick socks are not good ?

standing on a carpet is good ? what about a yoga mat ? what about a rubber carpet ?

I did qigong before and there they said the opposite : that when you train you got to either were shoes or stand on a yoga mat - but not just a regular carpet

They explain that there are 2 types of qi yang and yin qi when one of them should and does discharge to the land no matter what you stand on - and the other you want to keep in so its important to isolate him from the floor (with yoga mat or sheep skin or shoes)

In short anything anyone could add about this subject so i can make decisions about this by myself in the future is appreciated
Old 21-11-2021, 12:21 AM
Ascender

It doesn't matter one way or another. Even if you wear sneakers. I've had times giving reiki where I built up so much heat, I kicked off my shoes to cool down a bit. The idea of no shoes is that the thought that the energy from grounding may not reach through the shoes, which is poppycock. So much of the 'rules' in reiki have evolved with so many cooks in the kitchen, so to speak. For instance, I was told that shoes were ok as long as they were 'natural' made of leather, cotton, wool, etc. And then I had a teacher that said she knew an old lady who was a strong reiki channeler and she wore cross-trainer sneakers. So I'd advise taking any of the 'rules' like what to wear with a grain of salt. And yes, wearing natural fibers is more comfortable but I don't think wearing sweat pants affects the energy flow from you. What matters is that you are an open channel, since the energy flows into you and through you. And sometimes you don't have a choice where you do a session. The divine will still find you and flow through you. No worries. You should, before every session of giving reiki, invite the reiki masters, to assist you. I ask everyone, lol. I ask for the reiki masters, ascended masters, angels and anyone else of the light who wants to participate.
Old 21-11-2021, 05:28 PM
Knower
Its not that we might get bad energy from patinat and we throw it to the ground ?

In qingong they are very seriuos about the shoes blocking the yang energy from discharging into the ground and because of that you need to wear shoes or stand on ship skin or a yoga mat or rubber mat which does make sense - never heared about "natural" but ehy were that some stuff block yang qi from discharging and some stuff dont