Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2021, 05:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
There seem to be very few who understand non-doership as in the Gita quote and which you expressed quite articulately in a very understandable manner in your own words. What more can I add except to applaud !
Here ya go! I started watching this talk several days ago and just got back to it today. https://youtu.be/Bnvtc4JtEOQ?t=1755

Thought is action too.
Old 25-11-2021, 11:06 PM
Master
Quote 201 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Thought is action too.
For most people, it seems that (conscious or otherwise) trigger action but there are some who "know without thinking" and actions "just happen".
Old 25-11-2021, 11:23 PM
Master
QUOTE 199 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have told many a wheelchair bound person depressed ---
''You do more in a couple hours in that chair, online, reading, sharing, contemplating, talking to God 'stuck in your bedroom'...
than ....
That post reminded me of my friend Jakob from Vienna who was a depressed 23-year-old 5 years ago when I first met him in NYC. He had been diagnosed with an incurable degenerative neurological disease (Ataxia) and had been told by doctors that he would soon be in a wheelchair unable to walk and eventually unable to talk. Through positive thinking, meditation/prayer, and holistic living, he mystified his doctors by REVERSING this otherwise incurable disease.

A documentary about him premiered in Vienna on August 28th, 2021 and it has been nominated for best documentary of the year. Although the documentary is in German, there are numerous video clips of Jakob in the documentary and one can get a sense of Jakob's awesome energy from those video clips.

Here is the link:

https://pageflow.jour.at/einfach-nur-jakob#295953

This thread is about "how do thoughts arise" and Jakob's story provides an interesting insight into thoughts. By creating visualization thoughts relative to healing the physical body, one can transform and even heal the body.There is a definite connection between created thoughts such as these and the manifested physical body.
Old 26-11-2021, 03:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Quote 201 EXCERPT: For most people, it seems that (conscious or otherwise) trigger action but there are some who "know without thinking" and actions "just happen".
I remember a storyabout Yogananda. Someone brought an actual mind reader to see if he could read his mind and the mind reader said, "'He has no mind to read!"
Old 26-11-2021, 06:23 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
He has no mind to read!
Interesting to know about this sir. Thanks for citing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Eternal Brahman
If spirituality is not 'reaching HIM' and only about powers/miracles for physical well-being and enjoying this physical world of beauty more and more, I'm eager to learn these powers too so that 'my' Ahankara about 'my' powers/experience with 'my' concentrated thoughts, can grow. How foolish I was. Please feel free to share, so I can increase 'my/mine' Ahankara, I can increase my inspiration towards 'thought concentration' and 'occult powers' too and dwell in power of thoughts, dwell in material beauties too. Thank you.

Last edited by Viswa : 26-11-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 26-11-2021, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
Please feel free to share, so I can increase 'my/mine' Ahankara, I can increase my inspiration towards 'thought concentration' and 'occult powers' too and dwell in power of thoughts, dwell in material beauties too. Thank you.
I think (some) people use occult powers to stroke their own egos and to get power and followers. Occult powers can be an attachment and wanting occult powers, because you lack occult powers can also be an attachment.The lack of an attachment that you have, creates fear of not having what you are attached too.

People will say that the mind and body appears in consciousness, while I say the self is conscious of itself- the body and mind/thoughts. My self-body and mind/thoughts are not me or mine, My self-body and mind/thoughts is brahman, thus are brahman's.

EDIT: I think that most, if not all occult powers are not based on truth and occult powers only work because of manisfestation or the law of attraction.
Old 26-11-2021, 12:09 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I think that most, if not all occult powers are not based on truth and occult powers only work because of manifestation or the law of attraction.

Great. In #205, I edited and quoted you, to look like a reply to you, to end that conversation and removed all other question/view so not to hurt any. And Thanks for the reply.
Old 26-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Quote:
I remember a storyabout Yogananda. Someone brought an actual mind reader to see if he could read
his mind and the mind reader said, "'He has no mind to read!"
Ha, it was that still!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-11-2021, 01:01 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
QUOTE 199 EXCERPT:
That post reminded me of my friend Jakob from Vienna... Through positive thinking, meditation/prayer, and holistic living, he mystified his doctors by REVERSING this otherwise incurable disease.
https://pageflow.jour.at/einfach-nur-jakob#295953
I can't rem if you placed this ever in Healing.But you should!...to encourage people...give them hope.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-11-2021, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
I remember a storyabout Yogananda. Someone brought an actual mind reader to see if he could read his mind and the mind reader said, "'He has no mind to read!"
I recall a similar story though it was in reference to Ramana Maharshi.
Closed Thread