Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Seeker

Kundalini and Enlightenment

How can we explain Kundalini and Enlightenment. And what are the signs when someone achieves.
Old 28-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Master

This is such a broad question that it cannot be answered in a short reply.

If you really want to know more then I suggest you read some of the available books on kundalini, and there are plenty to choose from.

But also bear in mind that common ideas about kundalini are very simplistic. People may talk about kundalini shakti rising up sushumna nadi to the sahasrara chakra, but the reality is far more intricate.

Try reading Kundalini Vidya by Joan Shivarpita Harrigan which describes the teachings of Swami Chandrasekharanand Saraswati on the subject.

Peace
Old 28-10-2021, 07:26 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This is such a broad question that it cannot be answered in a short reply.

If you really want to know more then I suggest you read some of the available books on kundalini, and there are plenty to choose from.

But also bear in mind that common ideas about kundalini are very simplistic. People may talk about kundalini shakti rising up sushumna nadi to the sahasrara chakra, but the reality is far more intricate.

Try reading Kundalini Vidya by Joan Shivarpita Harrigan which describes the teachings of Swami Chandrasekharanand Saraswati on the subject.

Peace
Thank you very much for your response and suggestions.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:33 AM
Ascender
Kundalini and enlightenment are two totally seperate things that sometimes coincide and/or affect each other. Enlightenment is about connection between ego self and soul self. Kundalini is a soul aspect so it can increase connection with the soul self.. It is possible (but rare) to progress through the stages of enlightenment without activating Kundalini at all.

Last edited by dryad : 01-11-2021 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:46 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Kundalini and enlightenment are two totally seperate things that sometimes coincide and/or affect each other. Enlightenment is about connection between ego self and soul self. Kundalini is a soul aspect so it can increase connection with the soul self.. It is possible (but rare) to progress through the stages of enlightenment without activating Kundalini at all.
Thanks for your comment dryad
Old 02-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Master
@ Munesh … In a nutshell, kundalini is nothing other than our consciousness itself.

The kinetic polarity at root (Shakti) yearns to unite with the potential aspect (Shiva), at crown. This seeking, this desire, creates a magnetic pull. Shakti then rises but needs to overcome hindrances* (*our conditioning, our fears) correspondent to the different energy vortexes (chakras).

The union of polarities poses a question of energy balance … male-female energy balance. This is felt in physicality. In fact, everything is felt in the physical … that’s where we are, aren’t we?

The unfoldments vary from person to person. What should be understood is that the journey begins with heart’s desire and ends with heart’s fulfilment* (*bliss). For those who are rooted in mind-body, they may obtain boons* (*siddhis), said to be a distraction from the aim of melding lower mind, higher mind and universal consciousness* (*love+wisdom+power)

What is enlightenment? I don’t know. Each peak becomes a trough as new peaks appear on the horizon. Soul ascension is unending.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Master
If you really want to know you can find a lot of free material by Joe Dispenza whose work much/mostly/ hinges around this.
In essence it's getting the energy that's coiled up in the Root to move up and up, have it reach the brain. It will then get to the pineal gland which will begin to work differently, produce a different version of its hormone which in turn again gets transformed in another one.
This creates the high vibration, the ecstasy effect which is Gamma brain waves. Getting there is what is so healing and can cure any disease. But to get there takes dedication and work.
The energy has to pass through a kind of threshold in/of the brain to actually get to the Pineal. That has a name, I cannot remember.

None of this requires Hindu mumbo-jumbo names. All Dr Joe's work is based on neuroscience, epigenetics etc. so it's all proven and measured scientifically and can be explained in much easier to understand words.

There should be a vid on YouTube in which he explains Kundalini.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Master

Enlightenment is a Western term, a closer equivalent in English would be awakening.

Awakenings can be manifold, one kind is Kundalini Awakening.

However, I do like the Western concept of Enlightenment on its own, as it describes a process of being filled with light, which does happen during an awakening.

In many ways, all awakenings involve Kundalini in some manner, as this is on one level a biological mechanism, which is responsible for religious and artistic inspiration, spiritual awakening, religious and numinous phenomena as well as the very process of evolution, both on the spiritual and biological level.

Maybe that's a lot to untangle, but it is the best we can do at present. We really have a very limited understanding of the process at present, especially from a scientific viewpoint. We've barely even begun to comprehend it.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
None of this requires Hindu mumbo-jumbo names. All Dr Joe's work is based on neuroscience, epigenetics etc. so it's all proven and measured scientifically and can be explained in much easier to understand words.
These "Hindu mumbo-jumbo names" actually tend to be Sanskrit terms. These terms may not mean much to most people but for those who are interested these terms are very useful. Because there is no simple English equivalent of words such as ida, pingala and sushumna. Which reflects the fact that Sanskrit has a far wider spiritual/occult vocabulary than more modern languages.

Personally I find Joe Dispenza's books disappointing. Yes, he uses terms which are more familiar to Westerners, but I often find myself questioning his understanding. However, many people do gain a lot from his work, so give it a go.

Peace
Old 05-11-2021, 09:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
These "Hindu mumbo-jumbo names" actually tend to be Sanskrit terms. These terms may not mean much to most people but for those who are interested these terms are very useful. Because there is no simple English equivalent of words such as ida, pingala and sushumna. Which reflects the fact that Sanskrit has a far wider spiritual/occult vocabulary than more modern languages.

Personally I find Joe Dispenza's books disappointing. Yes, he uses terms which are more familiar to Westerners, but I often find myself questioning his understanding. However, many people do gain a lot from his work, so give it a go.

Peace

I second that