Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-09-2021, 10:29 PM
Master

yeah i believe. Obviously things don't work the way people say they work and yet there are patterns within patterns...
Old 23-09-2021, 10:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
But if the universe is intelligent, then how do you explain diseases that arise from molecular events? Why does't the universe just prevent the DNA from mutating for example?

Good question. iamthat is trying to reconcile the concept of an Absolute Being with a worldview of the universe as we perceive it.

We see existential reality through the eyes of science which is based on the theory of materialism. The Absolute Being cannot fit in this paradigm.

Intelligence cannot be explained in terms of matter.
Old 23-09-2021, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
But if the universe is intelligent, then how do you explain diseases that arise from molecular events? Why does't the universe just prevent the DNA from mutating for example?

'a place for everything and everything in its place' leads to stagnation and death. Life is messy despite that we seek perfection... so the universe isn't going to accede to our whim that it should be the 'perfect' way we envision.
Old 24-09-2021, 07:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
The Bible is an attempt to explain a human phenomenon: Jesus. What was striking about Jesus was his teaching on human nature. Its speaks to your idea of an Absolute Being.
Ah, so when you say the Bible then you really mean The New Testament.

The Old Testament is nothing to do with Jesus, but it does seem to feature a petty tyrant called Yahweh.

Peace
Old 24-09-2021, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
But if the universe is intelligent, then how do you explain diseases that arise from molecular events? Why doesn't the universe just prevent the DNA from mutating for example?

Sorry for all the questions by the way, and thank you for taking time to respond :)
No need to apologise - these are questions worth considering.

As FallingLeaves says, we would like the universe to be perfect according to our ideas of what is perfect. So no disease, no problems, no discomfort. But the universe is not like that. And the fact that DNA adapts and mutates indicates a certain intelligence within DNA.

I suggest that we humans are at a stage of development where disease is a part of our experience. And lets face it, many diseases which humans suffer are the result of our own choices.

If you look at the contents of a typical shopper's trolley in a supermarket then it is not surprising that there is so much ill-health.

If you look at the environment which most people live in then it is not surprising that so many people have a compromised immune system.

It is not the universe which is responsible for disease. And when humans finally elect to make different choices then they might find that all these diseases disappear.

Peace
Old 24-09-2021, 07:59 PM
Pathfinder

No I don't. Nothing in life so far has convinced me that there is something out there that goes in line with human logic and perception of reality. Every time I used to think "well maybe this is something" it turned out to be nothingburger.

I do believe there is something that cant be explained by science or logic but it has no interest in us as individuals and sometime we stumble upon portions of it like a chance, but there is no grand plan that includes our individual self in it. Maybe you could define that as "God" but if it is it does not care for us.
Old 16-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Ascender

Yes I do: I believe in the higher power, but call it by certain different names. God, Universe, Source, Spirit. It’s all the same thing, a benevolent higher power looking out for all of us.

Many moons ago I was stuck with something at school, and I had heard about ‘God’ being able to help us if we asked, so I did. I asked for help, and then a classmate who I didn’t really speak much to, helped me with it. That was my first example and probably the start of my belief.

I had asked, and I had had a response, and I have used this many times over the years. I have even used affirmations beginning with GOD IS and have attracted scenarios along the same lines. I have landed my last two jobs that way, when nothing else was happening.

Higher Power is definitely real.
Old 16-11-2021, 06:21 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
For example, do I believe in the God of the Christian Bible? No - this God makes no sense.

Peace

Very much this.
Old 16-11-2021, 07:06 PM
Master
I love God and Goddess both but they haven't physical forms so it's difficult to relate.

I can only imagine God and Goddess to be therefore.

Amen and Praises.

utopia
Old 16-11-2021, 08:51 PM
Dude111

I do believe