Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 18-09-2021, 11:00 PM
Ascender

Pilgrim meets the woman of riddles

Pilgrim had spent many years searching for connection. Searching for the key to oneness.

Pilgrim wandered into a small village at the foothills of mountains, and seeing a group sitting and apparently in deep discussion sat down quietly nearby.

After a while one of the group turned to Pilgrim and said "hello friend, where are you heading?"
"I am searching" replied Pilgrim.

The welcomer shook Pilgrims hand and said "So many of us are--Tell me, what are you searching for?"

"I am searching for the key to oneness ?" Pilgrim replied.
"Ah," said the host, "many pass through here on a similar quest".

"And is there anyone here who is able offer advice?"

"We'll, not really, for else we would have been able to give you that information".

"No one at all?" Pilgrim asked again.

"Well, there is a woman who lives in a small hut up on the mountain side over there"--pointing. And then added, "but she talks in riddles and none of us understand her".

"Thanks" said Pilgrim.

Pilgrim thought, shall I just continue with my search or perhaps visit this woman of riddles?

After years of travelling Pilgrim had learned not to dismiss possibilities out of hand and so decided to venture up the mountain side and came upon the small hut.

Pilgrim had taken the precaution of singing and whistling loudly on approaching the dwelling so as not to surprise the occupant.--who duly came to the door as Pilgrim came near.

"Thank you for your thoughtfulness", said the woman."How can I help you?"

"I am looking for the key to oneness". said Pilgrim.

"So many are" said the woman.

"So I am often told", replied Pilgrim smiling.

"So many pass here looking for advice yet leave disappointed when I offer it".

Pilgrims spirit quickened upon hearing this--So, she could offer advice.

"What is your advice, please tell me".

The woman looked at Pilgrim and said " Do not look for the key, for the key is everywhere and always".

" How can that be" said Pilgrim, "for I have been many places and have never found it".

The woman continued--"You do not need to find the key--you need only to change the lock".

"What lock?" replied Pilgrim.

"You are the lock." Said the woman.

"They told me in the village that you speak in riddles".

"and what do you say"? Asked the woman.

"I think I need to ponder upon your advice."

The woman smiled.

Pilgrim bowed and offered thanks.

"I will add just one further thought" said the woman.

"It is this. Your lock is very close to allowing the key to fit"--and with that she bowed her head toward Pilgrim, turned around, went back into her dwelling and closed the door.

Pilgrim continued walking on, pondering, and was soon out of sight in a valley which cut its way intothe mountain.

Soon a great joyous peal of laughter rose from the valley and echoed amongst the mountains.

X.
Old 19-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Administrator
I enjoyed reading that

Namaste
Old 19-09-2021, 02:36 PM
Master
I love that story. Awesome !
Old 03-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Master

Wonderful story

I too enjoyed the riddles of woman.