Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 09-08-2021, 10:02 PM
asearcher

Question about smell

I wonder if anyone knows if I for instance smell a particular smell that a spirit has given away as a signal for me - is it like a real smell? Do other people smell it too?

Or is it the way it is with suddenly hearing something that no one else hear?

The times before I have smelled something that I think is from spirit/s I have been alone, so I don't know.

Right now recurring is the same smell I woke up to from a dream months ago when I felt the presence of an elder lady (unknown to me) and two boys (also unfamiliar to me). It smells like a particular food and mixed in with what could then have possibly be the lady's personal smell. I've asked my daughter if she smells something different, food or something but she says she doesn't (I have not told her anything about the dream, lady, the boys), it comes and goes.
Old 13-08-2021, 01:38 AM
Master
All senses apparently have both inner and outer polarity, which all of us may have felt to some measure. Or we may say, each sense connects to the material as well as the ethereal. Hence sight (divine light, visions, realms), hearing (inner sound current, telepathy), smell (divine fragrance), taste (soma nectar), touch (magnetic bliss, rapture, sensing other energies), mind (instant knowing, without limitation).
Old 13-08-2021, 03:03 PM
asearcher

Thank you very much for explaining, Unseeking Seeker! =)

Last edited by asearcher : 13-08-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 23-08-2021, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Hello

When working with the spirit world all 5 senses and even that 6th sense is in play. Smell is one that we often miss or dismiss not holding any meaning. I can tell you that death has a "smell" to it that is not always nice. At times too it is what tells me whom is with me or what they need from me. Dead like the living at times do not smell nice.

The worst smell is that of death and its one if you have smelled it you never forget it. Its one that does stay with you.

We all could use a "bath" at times.

Lynn
Old 23-08-2021, 12:36 PM
Administrator
Yes i would agree with Lynn

Namaste
Old 23-08-2021, 03:39 PM
hazada guess

Death certainly has a foul smell. I was in the room with my mother when she passed, just me and her.
All Mums muscles relaxed and I mean all. The smell was awful on the day she passed. Straight after she took her last breath, the smell seemed to disappear.
Old 23-08-2021, 07:40 PM
asearcher

Thank you so much for explaining, Lynn, Native Spirit and Hazada Guess. So sorry you lost your mom, Hazada Guess, hope you feel still connected to her in spirit.

Last edited by asearcher : 23-08-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old 24-08-2021, 08:14 AM
hazada guess

Thanks asearcher,we will always be connected.
Old 24-08-2021, 08:59 PM
Master
asearcher - At my previous house there was always a foul order in one spot in the house. Smelled like something dead. We also smelled cigarette or cigar smoke from time to time. At our current house my spouse smelled perfume coming from the hallway one night, same night something grabbed his foot while in bed. I don't wear perfume and he doesn't wear cologne, so that was a bit puzzling.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:12 AM
Knower

Smell is usually by far the least physical of the senses. (Except for something very foul like pig manure, or death, etc., which can be perceived to be very physical.) All other senses, I believe are both harder to reach from the other side, and more likely to be unwelcome to the recipient, to make them freak out, and not in a good way.

I can say from experience that smells not from something physically near where one is at the time, can be from the living, as well. Having just moved to Colorado, I smelled durian fruit from my Asian ex-girlfriend in California.

JoeColo :)