Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 03-06-2021, 12:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
I saw images from my third eye as if they where in front of me some 25 years ago and before. Now there is no more body. Images of worlds or other do come and go sometimes, but they are not outside of me anymore. There is no outside or inside.

The same goes, but differently, when I am walking or doing something, there is no more doer anymore, just the doing.

Hope it helps.

Are you fully content as you are, always? Do you never feel just a little stifled?
Old 03-06-2021, 12:50 PM
Ascender
It does, thanks!
This is quite funny because this is the thing I wanted to work on when I started meditating: being able to project the back of mind intuitions / images I have to my eyes, in front of my eyes.
But the deeper I go, the more I clear my thoughts and become one with everything. But it doesn't help to get clearer intuitions at all, I don't see much progress there.
Maybe it's a different practice?
Old 03-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Are you fully content as you are, always? Do you never feel just a little stifled?
And I could myself answer this question (even without 25 years of practice), "no, I'm happy" (and I knock on wood).
When being just consciousness, there is no thought, no desire, no ego, and no worries ;)
Life becomes contemplation.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
And I could myself answer this question (event without 25 years of practice), "no, I'm happy" (and I knock on wood).
When being just consciousness, there is no thought, no desire, no ego, and no worries ;)
Life becomes contemplation.

Yet you feel lack of progress, desiring clearer intuitions projected in front of your eyes? Having no desire wouldn’t you be fully content as you are?
Old 03-06-2021, 01:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Yet you feel lack of progress, desiring clearer intuitions projected in front of your eyes? Having no desire wouldn’t you be fully content as you are?
Ahah, good one! Yes, I still have desires to progress when I return to a somewhat 'normal' state. I mean, when just consciousness I forget about my body and everything. When normal, I'm just like anyone with a little more wisdom, but still, I have sexual desires, I like eating good food, drinking wine and smoking etc. I just know they are part of my body and not so important, and I don't rely on them to be happy, they become the cherry on the cake, as long as they don't distract me on my practice.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:45 PM
Master
I read this in the summary of the secret of the golden flower:

“Light is another word for awareness. When one is aware of something one sheds light on it. When one is not aware of something, it stays in the dark. Turning around the light means turning one`s awareness, which is normally focused on the externals, inward, and shedding light on one`s inner world. One of the many symbols for pure light or awareness is Jindan (金丹), which translates as the Golden Pill or Elixir of life.

Both the Golden Flower and the Golden pill (elixir) are simply symbols for true consciousness, which refers to the awareness of the Higher Self or Original Spirit. This consciousness is veiled by the discriminating or illusionary consciousness of the lower self. Making the lower self passive is done through internal action.”

http://www.thesecretofthegoldenflower.com/summary.html

The Original Spirit or Higher Self consciousness is what is missing. Beyond the lower self being made passive, the Higher Self or Original Spirit needs to bloom, until ‘I’ become that Self, all the time, with no falling back.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:37 PM
Ascender
I've read that and confirm by practice!
I don't know if I'm at the stage of 'no falling back'.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:48 PM
Legrand

Quote:

Simply observe a children that is trying to learn to walk, falling back won't stop him from learning, and he does not even think of falling back again once he just gets up from his last fall.

If we would put just one drop of the intensity we had, in what we do today, when we learned to walk, nothing would be impossible for us.

Regards,
Old 04-06-2021, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
I saw images from my third eye as if they where in front of me some 25 years ago and before. Now there is no more body. Images of worlds or other do come and go sometimes, but they are not outside of me anymore. There is no outside or inside.

The same goes, but differently, when I am walking or doing something, there is no more doer anymore, just the doing.

Hope it helps.

Wouldn’t one’s ‘Original Spirit’ or ‘Higher Self’ be the doer?
Old 04-06-2021, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:

Even from the beginning. Even though one practises kevala nirvikalpa samadhi for years together, if one has not rooted out the vasanas one will not attain liberation ~ Ramana Maharshi

I think he says the same thing as this thread, the vasanas are the karmic tendencies found within, things that persist on the lower self’s plane, until they are removed there will always be falling back.