Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-02-2011, 05:16 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I agree the spiritual ego is the often the most entrenched ego. You think you dont have one at all? Im not sure yours is bigger than mine hehe but if you look you will see that you see yourself in a particular way (even if you see yourself as having no spiritual ego)

there's no such thing as spiritual ego and you know that!

why do you play around with people in this morass of meaning???
Old 27-02-2011, 05:23 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
What do you mean by the spiritual ego din? Sounds like you are giving it its own personality

i'm talking about everybody on these boards

especially myself!!!
Old 27-02-2011, 05:30 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Just my take on this.

I say this with respect to your view point.

"Waking up", to me is the simple act of paying more attention.
What one finds important or wishes to progress with in ones life, one will pay attention to that which will help or direct that person.

Yes I am my thoughts, my emotions, my body, my being, and that which flows through me , called life.

This can be termed as "spiritual" or it can be termed as just living life.

In essence feel I am more then just this physical life. This physical life is a manifestation of that essence. While experiencing and/or being this manifestation (formation) as a human I have my thoughts.

Thoughts are a manifestation of how I interpret and/or identify that which I experience. With this comes its movements and changes as I grow and experience and come to better understand things.

The trick for me is to not get too caught up in it. Realize it does change and is moving and I am of this. To have trust in those thoughts or call it intuition that guide and encourage to move forward. Whether these come from me or others.

IMO, beliefs, thoughts, identity are not the problems. It is when one gets stuck in the thinking that its just one way or the other. It is all. It is that which has been created and being created manifesting and restructuring through the formation.

Anyways wanted to share this with you. Not trying to prove anything or persuade you, just sharing how I come to understand this at this time.

Are you speaking of what we are in essence? If so isn't this what we are a part of in this form and if so then are not thoughts just part of this experience?

Thank you.

Peace

Hi Moonglow,

don't respect my point of view

don't give anyone on the boards any respect

respect is just another concept that the egoic sense of self hides behind

it also hides behind needing to be heard and understood

it hides behind absolutely every single word in this discussion board!

Quote:
What one finds important or wishes to progress with in ones life, one will pay attention to that which will help or direct that person.

this is absolutely true until one realizes that it's absolutely false

if you're interested in truth and find it, it will destroy all ideas you have about yourself

and the truth will set you free?

then what?

asks the ego...

then you laugh!!!!

Quote:
“Since things neither exist nor don’t exist,
are neither real nor unreal,
are utterly beyond adopting and rejecting -
one might as well burst out laughing."
~LONGCHEM RABJAM
Old 27-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Myer

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
what does it mean to wake up?

it means to wake up to your own thinking

see it for what it is

it's just thought, just belief

you are the aware presence that is aware of all these thoughts

you are not your thoughts!

wake up people!!!

by the way,

the spiritual ego

it the most deeply entrenched ego

it's buried deeply in it's identification with all it's spiritual concepts

Bloody hell Din.....really deep posts from you this afternoon

You haven't said which one you are?

But seriously....the body needs rest, but the mind/spirit/soul goes about its business.

Myer
Old 27-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
Hi Moonglow,

don't respect my point of view

don't give anyone on the boards any respect

respect is just another concept that the egoic sense of self hides behind

it also hides behind needing to be heard and understood

it hides behind absolutely every single word in this discussion board!

this is absolutely true until one realizes that it's absolutely false

if you're interested in truth and find it, it will destroy all ideas you have about yourself

and the truth will set you free?

then what?

asks the ego...

then you laugh!!!!

Hello,

Din I must admit you are a trip.

I respect your choice to post your point of view and others (including myself) to agree or disagree. This is freedom.

Truth? What is truth beyond ones own understanding of things at the present time? Yes this is filtered through the ego, even the identity that there is a truth.

Life is movement and change and with this so are thoughts. To me, you imply that thoughts are a permanent state. One has a thought and that is that. But thoughts build one upon the other.

So how does one tear down the complete structure of this process? How does one remain at a foundation level?

It is not ego. For by blaming "ego" one creates yet another structure to be torn down. It is not thought. Again creating a structure. It is not self.

It is all these things and what one discovers is beyond these things. I would say it is more of letting go of a need to hang on or even to tear down. Using the knowledge obtained and finding ways to learn (discover the new).

I responded to this post for it seems to me you keep questioning thought and saying we are not it. But we are it and more. At present thoughts are simply the way one identifies, makes choices (or not), and creates. Thoughts do not remain constant, they shift and change as one experiences life.

Just my point of view.
Old 27-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
there's no such thing as spiritual ego and you know that!

why do you play around with people in this morass of meaning???

Whether the ego is real or not, it plays an actual role in human lives. Communicating meaningfully is altered ego in action because to communicate meaningfully is to project. It seems to me that you want to totally transcend this when its not possible, and furthermore, without this illusionary ego, we wouldnt be able to function on this earth right now.

I play because thats my most natural impulse and because I dont try and hide from 'meaning'. I am not particularly trying to be someone who doesnt understand or know anything. I am not particularly trying to be awake to my thoughts. I am mostly happy to allow meaning to flow, to play with it with purposeful and peaceful intent. I acknowledge my limitations and am grateful for them sometimes, because without them I wouldnt have been able to experience the ups and downs of dualistic life on this earth.
Old 27-02-2011, 06:37 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myer
Bloody hell Din.....really deep posts from you this afternoon

You haven't said which one you are?

But seriously....the body needs rest, but the mind/spirit/soul goes about its business.

Myer

you find the posts deep?

that's an interesting thought/perception

which one am i?

i'm the awareness in which this post is being written, read and viewed

i'm the awareness writing, reading and viewing this thread

there is nothing but that awareness

and that awareness is nothing

but there's also all our ideas that appear in this awareness,

it's amazing the creativity of this awareness!
Old 27-02-2011, 06:40 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Din I must admit you are a trip.

I respect your choice to post your point of view and others (including myself) to agree or disagree. This is freedom.

Truth? What is truth beyond ones own understanding of things at the present time? Yes this is filtered through the ego, even the identity that there is a truth.

Life is movement and change and with this so are thoughts. To me, you imply that thoughts are a permanent state. One has a thought and that is that. But thoughts build one upon the other.

So how does one tear down the complete structure of this process? How does one remain at a foundation level?

It is not ego. For by blaming "ego" one creates yet another structure to be torn down. It is not thought. Again creating a structure. It is not self.

It is all these things and what one discovers is beyond these things. I would say it is more of letting go of a need to hang on or even to tear down. Using the knowledge obtained and finding ways to learn (discover the new).

I responded to this post for it seems to me you keep questioning thought and saying we are not it. But we are it and more. At present thoughts are simply the way one identifies, makes choices (or not), and creates. Thoughts do not remain constant, they shift and change as one experiences life.

Just my point of view.

it seems to me that if you have the perception of being a limited being who can agree or disagree with what i write

then that is not freedom

that is bondage

bondage to the idea you are this physical body

bondage to the idea that i am this physical body

who would you be without this thought????
Old 27-02-2011, 06:43 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Whether the ego is real or not, it plays an actual role in human lives. Communicating meaningfully is altered ego in action because to communicate meaningfully is to project. It seems to me that you want to totally transcend this when its not possible, and furthermore, without this illusionary ego, we wouldnt be able to function on this earth right now.

I play because thats my most natural impulse and because I dont try and hide from 'meaning'. I am not particularly trying to be someone who doesnt understand or know anything. I am not particularly trying to be awake to my thoughts. I am mostly happy to allow meaning to flow, to play with it with purposeful and peaceful intent. I acknowledge my limitations and am grateful for them sometimes, because without them I wouldnt have been able to experience the ups and downs of dualistic life on this earth.

there is no ego

there are no actual human lives

it's all thought

and you know that!
Old 27-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
there is no ego

there are no actual human lives

it's all thought

and you know that!

My evidence procedure is different to yours. I would say that IF thought arises, then it is arising both as and within particular individuated expressions of consciousness.

In your evidence procedure it seems that there is only consciousness/awareness and thought. It is strange to me that you would be happy to suggest 'thought' is real, but that there are no other expressions of consciousness.