Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-11-2021, 05:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYACMT
Your meditation experience? @Guillaume
Yes, I had time this morning AND that was my way of celebrating the eclipse!
Old 21-11-2021, 05:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Yes, I had time this morning AND that was my way of celebrating the eclipse!

Looks like you were in deep meditation so time flies.
Any feelings that you awared in your body while you were in deep?
Old 21-11-2021, 08:01 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Looks like you were in deep meditation so time flies.
Any feelings that you awared in your body while you were in deep?
Yep.
Not really, when I'm that deep I'm literally absorbed by the meditation. It's quite fun because when I'm there, I usually check that my spine is still straight before diving back really deep.
I'm often amazed I don't feel anything anymore, even if I lock my body quite strongly. This is actually something I need to work on: finding an appropriate position (not too tight, not too loose) so that I can stay longer in that state, because usually I'm too tight and my body calls me back because of pain.
Advice? Can you actually reach that state? Most people don't, even advanced meditators.
Old 21-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Knower

Well, as per states of meditation, for the technique that I have been working with, different persons have different states at different stages/levels of Qi, "don't feel anything" is one of the states that we may encountered which is very good and could show up when the level of Qi is comparatively at a high level, so what you said "Most people don't, even advanced meditators." is correct in my opinion, cause advanced meditators may not have sufficient Qi in their body.

Spine needs to be straight up all the time when you meditate as per my understanding, and it will not make you tired or cause any pain when your posture is proper for your physical condition. I don't know what posture did you adopt, but what I can tell is that lotus or half-lotus sitting is not mandatory to achieve deep state.
Old 21-11-2021, 12:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Spine needs to be straight up all the time when you meditate as per my understanding, and it will not make you tired or cause any pain when your posture is proper for your physical condition. I don't know what posture did you adopt, but what I can tell is that lotus or half-lotus sitting is not mandatory to achieve deep state.
Yes, that's my understanding as well.
I sit in the Burmese position.
If you check the statue of Patanjali below, you can notice that the chest is quite high, if you breathe in to your chest and keep the chest in that position, then do the breathing with your belly, this is how you can achieve a very straight spine. It requires quite a lot of energy but it's super efficient.
So my "problem" (which is not a problem, I just need to practice, all of that is recent for me) is to lock my chest in that position before losing the awareness of my body. As it requires energy, I will feel pain a bit quicker than usual in my legs, and they will "recall me" to my body after a while, hence breaking the deep trance.
I think all of that is normal, I just need to practice, and also stretch.

Old 21-11-2021, 12:37 PM
Ascender
On a side note, and funny coincidence, when I started meditating with the chest fully open, I had eaten pine nuts the previous day. And I had that strong impression during meditation that my diaphragm was opening itself like a pine tree fruit!!
Old 22-11-2021, 03:50 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
On a side note, and funny coincidence, when I started meditating with the chest fully open, I had eaten pine nuts the previous day. And I had that strong impression during meditation that my diaphragm was opening itself like a pine tree fruit!!

Good experience Just observe it when it show up.

and yes you are right if that is recent for you. As you practicing and streching, there will be no distractions from your physical body, and you may have much better experience when you meditate.