Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-04-2024, 01:29 AM
Master

Just curious, what makes it “hellish? Is there like pain, burring fire and brimstone, etc. I do not have a clear picture of “hell,” except that it is a word I’ve used in the past when I felt emotionally tortured, gravely disappointed, or in physical pain.

Most people are aware of the Christian version of hell, Muslims also believe in hell but not as a permanent place where one goes. Jews believe hell is a kind of “kindness;” in their belief it is called “Gehinnom,” and it is a place where you go to wash and cleanse yourself. Different beliefs about the same concept.

Any punishment which I have had in this life was self imposed; I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, made a bad decision, or just was not aware enough to keep myself out of trouble. I do not believe that God punishes us rather I believe that we punish ourselves, mostly due to unconscious actions. As Jesus said, “forgive them for they know not what they do.”
Old 25-04-2024, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Just curious, what makes it “hellish?

Any punishment which I have had in this life was self imposed
Starman you clever rhetorical fellow, of course the answer to the former is the latter. Brilliant. And I mean that sincerely, Brother. Thank you.
Old 25-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Master

Ditto, brother Baile, you know it takes one to know one.
Old 25-04-2024, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This is not the first time that I have read or been told we are entering the age of Aquarius
One sign of a change in Ages is that the previous one essentially implodes, after which the new one is constructed from the ground up. Stick your nose out your door in the morning, the smell of napalm and dawning whiff is unmistakable, hehe.
Old 25-04-2024, 04:16 PM
Master

It is so very important to forgive ourselves for whatever hell we have put ourselves through or in. Even if the pain was inflicted by another, the anguish we go through from that pain is best short lived.

Sometimes people beat themselves up for “bad” decisions they may have made. Sometimes we beat ourselves up so badly that if someone else where to do that to us we would want to call the police and have them arrested. But it is us doing it to ourselves; putting ourselves through hell.

Emotional and mental stress can cause physical problems. I have seen people who held on to their hell for a long time, and by the time they began to let go of their pain and anguish, they have done lasting damage to themselves, contributing to the damage which they may have received from someone else.

Hell is only a word, a label, which we use to describe painful or uncomfortable conditions; either inner or outer conditions. But some people like hell, they thrive on conflict and pain. Some people want to be punished, they may find it erotic. Those people may be called “masochist,” while those who like to inflict pain are sadist. So if there is a place in the afterlife called “hell” it may be a desirable place for some, i.e. demons love hell.

But as I said earlier, I do not believe in hell.
Old 25-04-2024, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
It is so very important to forgive ourselves for whatever hell we have put ourselves through or in.
Sometimes people beat themselves up for “bad” decisions they may have made.
But it is us doing it to ourselves; putting ourselves through hell.
Emotional and mental stress can cause physical problems.
All of the above apply to me and I so know the self-imposed hell of not forgiving myself... I call myself a practical spiritualist and I really appreciate your down-to-earth, soul-human insights and wisdom, Starman.

Like you, I don't believe in hell. And the truth is it's not about believing or not believing, I simply choose to never give a moment's thought to negative human-created concepts of that sort. As the Bible says, and as Bobby Zimmy sang on Slow Train Coming, strengthen the things that remain. That's what I spend my time doing.

Here's what remains: Love. Light. The Eternal All. Our eternal souls. Goodness. Kindness. Forgiveness. Compassion. Mercy. The fragile beauty of our glorious, wondrous humanity.
Old 26-04-2024, 01:30 AM
Master

Bless you Baile, so very happy you found the light. Sometimes we have to go through hell to find heaven; that has been my journey as well, and it was all self-imposed. Water under the bridge; let it flow.

Peace
Old 26-04-2024, 01:33 AM
Ascender

I am a big fan of the show Lucifer too. I love that it was also a story of redemption of Lucifer and Maize. And Lucifer became the counselor instead of the punisher. I wasn't too crazy about the ending though where Aurora grew up with just Chloe and not Lucifer too. I mean he could have popped down to the "office" every morning and come home for dinner every night and still done his job.

I think that the show got it right too. Hell is a creation of the mind.
Old 26-04-2024, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
I think that the show got it right too. Hell is a creation of the mind.
Hell is driving to the store to buy a scraper, and then the next day finding a forgotten one at the bottom of your tool box! Unless you like having two scrapers, then it's actually Heaven. P.S. to everyone other than Traveler: this is an in-joke and no I haven't lost my mind, ha.
Old 26-04-2024, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Sometimes we have to go through hell to find heaven
I call this the incarnation caldron for a reason... (smile emoji 60+ years in the making, wasn't always like that)